GreaseSpot Cafe

Amazing Sea Monkeys on Mars

Tom Strange

MOW, Socks, I never thought of it that way! I think you are on to something, for I had the same spiritual sensations in ma heart and in ma mind, when that rabbit stood there like that and looked at me and then spoke. So, I am sure now that there is a connection fer sher!

Didn't Tom Petty write a song having to do with a white rabbit? I have been having dreams for the last two nights about Tom Petty, a white rabbitt, and Alice In Wonderland. What was that rabbit about?

Hey! I just started page 23!

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes,

Ditto on the welcome back Jonny.

Now, regarding rabbits..Socks you're certainly onto something Amazing there! Rabbits have many similarities don't they.

Jonny,

What about Harvey the Rabbit? You know come to think of it James Stewart was an OLM i'm sure of it. His gentle way, his loving manner and his honest approach in his acting were strong characteristic traits of what I would consider an OLM.

Bluzeman,

Ringo, ya.. he was an OLM too. And all that work he did later with the kid's show 'Thomas The Tank Engine'. He too also portrayed OLM characteristic traits.

Hey, I thought I'd let you all know that I got to hang with my niece who I hadn't seen in over 10 yrs...(Thank you very much TWI icon_mad.gif) and it was a wonderful thing. Met her 2 lovely children for the first time too!!! Your Amazing Monkey Love sure payed off.

I'm feeling the love

I'm being the love

I'm living the love

and now...

I'm seeing the love

Thank you all icon_smile.gif:)-->

Edited by baboo

Greasespot emergency...

Calling all OLM's...and Monkey believers...we need to be SIMing so that people will be once again ---> Feeling the love, Being the love and Living the love icon_smile.gif:)--> here on GS.

Remember the great words of Jell Remler

quote:
There is a place where dreams come true on this earth. All of you have been there. It's a place where God's children take care of each other, and I mean all God's children. There is no judgement and there is no evil. It's a place with a wild dynamic of intense love and selfless giving. It's a place where , though challenges can be a regular occurence, faith and love still overcome all. Forgiveness is rampant.

It's a world where there is no Way Ministry.

I've seen it here on GreaseSpot

Love,

Jell

-----------------------------

Ahhh yes... It's the world of the AmazingSeaMonkeys.

Ain't that true Bluz!

Folks just don't understand the Amazing calm that can permeate through one's being by following in the footsteps of the Amazing Sea Monkeys! I've never seen one that wasn't smiling and enjoying life. I've never seen one that wasn't...

Feeling the love

Being the love

Living the love

There must be something to it...

Brothers Bluze and Strange,

I agree with you both 100%!!!

It is Amazing isn't it the love you feel when you have the powerful love of those Amazinglittleseamonkeys in your life. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

They make me feel all woozy-goozy inside. Just like I used to feel as a child when I would go to the corner store with a pop bottle and return it for 10 cents and then go home with a huge bag on 1 cent candies. (which many candies were actually 3 for 1 cent or 5 for 1 cent). icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I made many trips to the store and consumed vast amounts of candy as a child. Our family dentist loved me! icon_frown.gif:(-->

Feeling the love icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Being the love icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Living the love icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

No chit WhiteDove! We got monkeys everywhere!

Speaking of rabbits Tom, here's an instrument song I recorded for all lovers of Amazing Sea Monkeys! everywhere. It's titled Desert Rain Dance (I Like That Beat) - click on that it'll come up. For your auditory enjoyment and cranial pleasures. Hope you guys like it, it's sort of a collage of different ideas in a jazzy container. It started as a weird little idea and ended up a weird...bigger idea. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Big thanks! to Bluzeman for providing the server space to store it! icon_cool.gif

OLM SOCKS! YessirreeBobalooey!

(sorry I didn't get back to you before)

I liked the original version and I love this "extended" version. I think you're onto something there bro! If I close my eyes I can see the Amazing Sea Monkeys in a circle dancing in the desert!... wait... now they're line dancing in the desert! ... wait... over there, on the left, on the other side of them... two rabbits dancing!

Amazing brother... Amazing!

When I listen to this song I can...

feel the love

be the love and

live the love

Amazing

Wow!!!!!! icon_eek.gif So much has happened since I've been away!

I'm back from my trip to Québec City. I felt the love of the AmazingSeaMonkeys there too. All the french, all the food and all the music. While we were there, there was the Festival de Québec happening...music on the streets, street performers, alien costumed people entertaining the children...it was yes, Amazing!!!

I've eaten enough maple sugar butter, maple syrup taffy, maple tea, maple cookies and the pièce de resistance... SUGAR PIE... to last me 'til I visit again!

The weather was wet but we survived ... walking the streets of the 17th and 18th century city basking in the Europeen French architecture of those who founded the city in 1608. I was in a dream!!! I could feel the love, be the love and live the love!!!

The St. Lawrence Seaway (la fleuve St. Laurent) flows in the front of this majestic city and I am convinced that I saw those Amazing Sea Monkeys popping their heads out of that water and smiling at me. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

OLM SOCKS...

You've brought music to our beautiful place here and shared it with our beautiful seamonkey brethren. How Amazing!!!

Your music...I'm touched! I have a question...(please bare with me).

Did you dub over an already existing piece of music?? If not, please accept my apologies for my ignorance. icon_frown.gif:(-->

Your music is beautiful! I'm gonna get hubby to listen to it too! You've made my day back here on GS an Amazing one!

A la, sounds like a great time. icon_smile.gif:)-->

quote:
walking the streets of the 17th and 18th century city basking in the Europeen French architecture of those who founded the city in 1608
... nice.

Dance toonz - I wrote the song. The percussion are from samples I used to build 2 drum tracks using "Acid" loop software. The woman's voice, "poink" sounds at the beginning, "flute" call at the start, and crowd sounds are samples also, from "Acid" loops. The rest of the bass and guitars are me, recorded on my deck. The swooping squeedle effect is just me banging on the guitar and messing with the sound of it. I think there's maybe 6 guitar tracks total - one bass guitar, plus an assortment of 6 strings. I wrote the basic idea to start with on guitar, and then found and assembled the Acid drum and sound effect tracks on a pc and then imported them to my deck. Then I added the guitar and bass tracks on top of it directly on the deck. It went through several versions while I mixed it and tweaked it. So it's like, me and my little digital band. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Glad you are enjoying it! The love is shared with all!

Ya know, now that you mention it Strange Tom, wouldn't it be hilarious if their was a real bad called The Amazing Sea Monkeys? I mean really, there have been bands called "The Presidents Of The United States", The Butthole Surfers, Toad The Wet Sprocket, Trout Mask Replica, The Grateful Dead, The Sex Pistols, etc...

So, why not The Amazing Sea Monkeys?!! Socks! Let's do it! We could have a blues band and play the Bay Area, make lots of money, go on Leno, get signed and go on a world tour spreading the love of the Amazing Sea Monkeys! You could be the band leader, play guitar, I could play harmonicas and do vocals, and certainly Bluzman plays something, and no doubt somebody else here plays something, and we could really make it happen!

But really, if a band was good, they could easily be called The Amazing Sea Monkeys and it would fit with the rock and roll world with no problem. I mean, remember "Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars"?

Lingo Boy!!!!

Howdy bro'!

That is a braniac idea!!!

I have a very good friend here on GS who is looking for a name for his band. I will certainly suggest it! Wowza! I'm inspired! It's Amazing!

And if the name doesn't stick for one reason or another, then I'll support Socks/Lingo/Bluzeman and be your first official Amazing Sea Monkeys! groupie!

I can feel the love icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I can be the love icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I can live the love icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Strange Tom,

Do you play an instrument/sing?

Strange Tom

The drums.. perfect!!! I love it!!

OK,

The Amazing Sea Monkeys was a hit! They loved it for their band's name. We shall see what develops. I'm cab see this band playing music and they giving off this oozie-goozie feel to their listeners as their hearts are filled with the love of these Amazing Sea Monkeys . It will be euphoric!!!

Feeling ...

Being ...

Living ...

Ya know though, they may run into a snag with a copyright on that name. I read somewhere recently that the guy who had started selling the brine shrimp as Amazing Sea Monkeys died recently, but also that he had amassed quite a fortune off of his enterprise. So it is possible that the name is patented or copyrighted or whatever.

But really, what a great name, eh? And imagine the kid of stage props and costumes you could wear as an Amazing Sea Monkey! Man, all that could get really funny...

Thanks Brother Lingo,

Yes, this very thing was brought up today but at this stage of the game the 'band' is just a little 'garage gig'...nothing too elaborate. They will certainly look into the legal side of things if and when they ever get off the ground.

Funny thing was that my friend had had 'schools' of our Amazing Sea Monkeys

growing up and was enamoured with the whole idea!

Brother Lingo,

You are certainly Feeling, Living and Being!

The love of those Amazing Sea Monkeys washes over me like a warm bowl of porridge!

A band? Sounds amazing!

Bluzeman plays guitar, right?!

Leseee...ASM is a great name for a band! Name reminds me vaguely of a band out of Northern Cal that calls themselves "The Phenomanauts". They're a wacked out bunch, travel in a space-d up van and do gigs all over. My daughter's heard them and says they're actually pretty good, they usually dress in a sort of astronaut them, silver suits, goggles, etc. One thing they do is show up at big concerts that hit town and drive in, b.s. their way through the loading entrance and wander around till they get set up, or find power and a likely spot. They fix breakfast burritos in the morning in their rv and deliver them to the production tent, ask for nametags and get tour id badges by making friends that way. I think they've done this at "Lollapalooza" and some tours like that. They set up before anyone knows they're there, and they play on the daystage, or anyplace they can. Sell CD's and stuff along the way, since they usually don't get paid at these gig. From there they just try to follow along and apparently get grafted in as the tour continues. Amazing!

"Les Snorks" was an animated children's series made in France. I saw it somewhere on tv, maybe Nickleodeon or a PBPS station, not sure. They were cool undewater creatures, that swam around and had adventures! This page has an image too, scroll down a ways and look on the left panels.