GreaseSpot Cafe

Oh where, oh where has Flat Stanley gone?

Steve!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya know, ji* *artin quit posting the same time the original flat disappeared - I wonder if they were kidnapped together?

I live in the same town and haven't seen either one of em for well over a month now, now that I think of it...

makes me go "Hmmmmm"

I just posted a set of Flat Stanley pix sent by WhiteDove.

Flat Stanley sure looks like he enjoyed his visit to the flat state of Kansas!

By the way, WD, Zach's class *loved* the Kansas stickers, pencils, postcards, tornado, and sunflower cookies!

Whitedove....tried that link but didn't get into any message board...as I suppose most would not if they were not registered with that particular site.

I can understand being sick and not being able to mail Stanley. When I am sick my priority sure isn't the mail.

However...Jim reported that he mailed Stanley out before the end of February. That is two months ago.

Maybe it doesn't matter to Jim because it is a little kid....or rather a whole classroom of little kids.

There may or may not be a good reason for the delay or the fabrication of Stanley being mailed by Jim.

Nevertheless, to post NOTHING...in two months?

That is just wrong.

quote:

Date: Fri Mar 25, 2005  8:44 pm

Subject: Re: Jim, where are you these days?? jim_martin1

Well to start with I have been very ill . My lupus hit along with

the flu bug ( a strain that was no0t covered in my yearly shot) Also

sever hydaration problem as well as an in ear infection and for the

heck of it throw in a small bit of depression and the addidtional

diagnosis of (dish )defused idiopathic skelatol heck i for

get . A few days ago i slept for almost 40 hours straight . my body

needed it a bit. I only got up to use the bathroom and drink.

Then also today would have been Ellen's birthday so I am feeling a

bit blue from that also.

love ya all

jim

There is the quote from the link Cindy!. Am neither condemning, or advocating his actions, just giving you what he said.

David

Thanks David for posting that some dove killed my computer. Cindy I was responding to Bowtwi's post on not seeing Jim even though she lives in the same town it appeared she did not know he was sick. Just a heads up that she might want to check on him if she was concerned. It had nothing to do with his actions re:Flat Stanley or was I supporting such actions.

• 2 weeks later...

Steve,Cindy,Zach

Got zach's letter today what a nice surprise.I put his artwork up on the fridge. What a NICE PICTURE OF YOU!! icon_biggrin.gif:D--> Glad he was able to help his teacher get the tornado to work sounds like you have a good helper in training.

quote:
Originally posted by WhiteDove:

Steve,Cindy,Zach

Got zach's letter today what a nice surprise.I put his artwork up on the fridge. What a NICE PICTURE OF YOU!! icon_biggrin.gif:D--> Glad he was able to help his teacher get the tornado to work sounds like you have a good helper in training.

He's a very sweet-natured boy, and I'm glad you liked his letter. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->