GreaseSpot Cafe

Wayfer witnesses come a-knocking :-)

GarthP2000

Well folks, something has happened that I thought wouldn't happen in a million-to-one odds.

Two Way believers came knocking on my door. It was two ladies who looked in their 30s to 40s (definitely not the average early 20s young and bouncy type that was prevalent in the 70s); one white and the other black.

At first they introduced themselves as "getting to know our neighbors" and that they moved into building 11 (I live in another building, so immediately I initially thought that they were either witnesses for a local church or Jehovah's Witnesses or something.) But then they said that they were running "a home bible fellowship", and *bing*, a light went off in my head, and I asked them "You folks aren't by any chance with the Way International, are you?", and of course, they said "Why yes we are!".

So I told them that I wasn't interested, my having been with TWI before and that I left the group and wasn't interested in returning." So they didn't give any argument, said goodbye, and left.

At the time, I didn't stop to think about giving them Greasespot's addy, but if I run into them again, I know I will. (big grin)

Imagine. And I wondered if any of them were ever going to 'grace' my door.

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Garth...

You know you asked them over so don't tell stories!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!! icon_wink.gif;)--> anim-smile.gificon_eek.gificon_razz.gif:P-->

The next visit is gonna be from an dude in an ugly suit with a woman in an ugly suit...

And they'll have flashing pens like those on MIB...

So you'll forget everything that happened...

Because resistance is futile.

Hehehehe.

Paw,

Ahh I see. To warn them of a *false infidel* in their midst, ehh?

Well, two can play at that game, as I have lived in that apartment complex for several years now, and know quite a number of people here. And I can (and will) inform them as to what kind of group TWI is.

So I won't be the only non-friendly here that they will have to deal with. icon_wink.gif;)-->

Bring it ON, WayGB! icon_cool.gif

Too funny Garth!

I ran into a local wayfer the other day and by chance I happened to have my greasespot T-shirt on.( No Paw not tie dye one) They just kept staring at it I was waiting for them to say something but they never did. Then again maybe they just had never seen a logo t-shirt that was not green.

Well actually, I was in the middle of something important (an online game icon_biggrin.gif:D-->), and I just didn't want to be bothered at the time.

So I guess any 'importance' of Way related issues have pretty much faded from view in my life.

Party on! icon_cool.gif

Garth,

The odds of that event must be incredible. I would hope you went to the nearest convenient store with those freshh odds and purchased lotto tickets.

It must have been quite an experience meeting what you were once involved. I imagine you could see straight into their souls.

I dig what exc and Z posted. If that were to ever happen to me, that is what I would do. Of course, it must have been a smile in your mind the proper way to respond such an unanticipated visit, but next time a big ole grinn and upraised eyebrow options of fun available.

Can ya imagine when the manis are called upon and ya volunteer ,"Hey, ya mind if I try that?" and then make the interpretation longer than the tongue. ahahhahahhahahahhhh... oh the fun that could reveal the true nature of TWI.

My my my my my oh me my

It is VERY strange to "get witnessed to". Back in '95 or I was at a big festival in downtown Tulsa, arts, crafts, food, "old" musical groups, (Kansas etc.) When I was witnessed to by a wayfer. It was before Waydale / GSC so I was mostly oblivious to all the stuff that had happened.

Still, it was soooooo strange. Stranger still, my brother had been his "twig coord" the year before. That was too wierd for me. I was too shocked to play along... and I had a date with me.... so then we had a very interesting conversation.

ex70,

Actually, the biggest ex-Way group so far are the ones who have gone to twig from a couple of times to the ones who have taken the PFAL class, and are then shortly after never heard from again. I have seen this countless times in my entire stay with TWI, and prolly far outnumber the total of all those who were more committed beyond that.

Which is one of the reasons I am cynical of the 'strong mind control' diagnosis ((cough)) put forward by Dr. Margaret Singer; her view that you were sucked in against your will into the 'cults'.

I have seen this countless times in my entire stay with TWI

Which is one of the reasons I am cynical of the 'strong mind control' diagnosis ((cough)) put forward by Dr. Margaret Singer; her view that you were sucked in against your will into the 'cults'.

how many "COUNTLESS TIMES" can you document Garth,? How many interview of thousands...

please pray tell me what you see

sucked in against ones will, or willfully to be sucked in

hmmm

Gee Song, I shoulda remembered to take a Gallup poll along with me for each and every time I saw someone fade away soon after they took the class.

"Excuse me sir, but could you tell me whether you took the class because you believed that stuff on the back of the green card, or was it because you just had no choice, and was brainwashed by that funny lookin' Ohio preacher with the skinny tie?"

Chief, I'm just telling you my observances, plus from what I've heard from countle-- oops, you don't like that term. ok, uhh LOTS (there ok?) of those who saw many of those 'new in the Word' leave and never come back.

Geee, did I it a nerve? Did I tread upon holy ground when I mentioned Dr. Singer's (Peace be unto her) Name and her 'mind control' Gospel in such a profane and mocking manner?

Pardon me while I tread some more. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

I think that people who take the class either see TWItville for what it is or are more susceptible to the propaganda, especially if they are being constantly attended to by people in the twig. I know I was hardly ever alone once I attended my first twig and after I signed up for the class I had a hard time getting any time to myself. It was annoying at first, but I just quit fighting it after a while.

so glad you are so much stronger than I was Gart.