GreaseSpot Cafe

Ok, what's your secret..............

Cowgirl

Alright maybe I'm missing it here, but what's your secret in keeping your computer screen clean? I have tried everything, vinegar, streakfree windex and I still end up with smudges and streaks right after I have wiped it clean. I can't seem to get rid of them......Help!!

Cowgirl

stetson_rodeo_drive_cowgirl_hat.jpg

ChasUFarley, LOL!! Too Funny!!!!

It's not my kids that are causing the problem, it's seems to happen as I'm wiping it, whatever I'm using, it seems to leave a film on the screen. Maybe there's a special screen cleaner out there, that someone knows about!

And while I'm asking, does anyone know where I can get on the net, the proper spelling for sound effects, ya know like when your sitting at your computer and you verbalize different sounds. So I'm after the spelling of those sounds.

Thanks,

Cowgirl

cowboyhat02.jpg

While we're at it, how do you clean the flat LCD screens? The surface is a plastic film, so I don't dare put Windex on it, I don't think. But with two pets and my being a smoker, it needs help.

The manual that came with it doesn't say anything about cleaning. icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

quote:
I have tried everything, vinegar, streakfree windex and I still end up with smudges and streaks right after I have wiped it clean. I can't seem to get rid of them......Help!!

Ya shoulda been in of them there "window washing enterprises", that were so popular back in twi! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

"Dirty glass = Unclean house. Unclean house = Spiritual darkness". icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

If my screen needs to be cleaned, I use a damp cloth, then a dry cloth. The better cloth to use, contains 777 tpi (threads per inch), while the inferior cloth to be avoided, contains 666 twi (taskmasters who intimidate).

My screen is clean, but the windows of my house could use some help! icon_wink.gif;)-->

Believe it or not, the best cloth to use on a monitor or your glasses is a cloth diaper!

A wayfer optician once told me that he uses cloth diapers from a diaper service because the chemicals they use to wash the diapers are great for glass. (apologies to waterbuffalo)

Okay, also remember that coffee does not make a good cleaning solution for monitors.

I found out the hard way - after reading humorous posts by Raf and others while drinking coffee.

And if you don't get the coffee off quickly, it can leave a stain on your monitor's housing.