GreaseSpot Cafe

WAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Cindy!

I've gotta go in to get a wisdom tooth pulled today....

idon'twannaidon'twannaidon'twannaidon'twanna

Lessee...there are many roads to Chicago, maybe I'll take the one that leads to anywhere BUT the dentist.

ok, ok....I'm goin....I may not come out alive...but I'm goin

*whimper*

Wisdom teeth are no fun...but it's the afterwards that is the worst...what happens at the dentist is a cakewalk.

I'm so glad you've got Steve! around to help you!

Steve!, I know you'll be feeling so bad for Cindy! that you'll gladly wait on her hand and foot. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

My good energies going out for you today and in the coming recovery days, Cindy! icon_smile.gif:)-->

This could be a good thing...

My first wisdom tooth that made alot of noise was swollen too much to be extracted...so my Uncle (who was my dentist) irrigated it, told me to go home and enjoy a cocktail til the swelling went down...

...guess we took it a little too literally cuz nine months later...ta-da!...there was Morgan.

The first page of Morgan's baby book holds the X-ray of the tooth...his root beginnings...lol.

You'll do fine...dentristry has evolved into a near painless art. ("Is it safe yet...?")

Good luck.

Ask for the pill that helps keep swelling down. It is a steroid, but it's given over a short period of time, so there's much more benefit than harm.

Ice, ice, ice, ice....peaceful quite environment to recuperate.

She'll proably want a sub for her classes for the reat of the week.

In addition...I'm a'prayin'!

I had my wisdom teeth pulled several years ago. The dentist did a fine job, so there was almost no pain after the initial meds wore off. I did make the mistake of going to see "The Addams Family" the next day. In the scene where Wednesday and Pugsley are performing a skit on stage, I laughed so hard I almost pulled the sutures loose! icon_eek.gif

George

Gee guys...thanks for all your support!!!

It went pretty well...dentist is very gentle...he came highly recommended. He hadta use a lot of local anesthesia since the tooth was sideways and into the jaw, so the numbness is only now wearing off.

He got most of it out, but there was a stubborn root that took some cutting with something that sounded like a drill (I couldn't see cuz they had my eyes covered).

I have ibuprofen 600mg and 325mg codeine and am staying home from school tomorrow, but going Thursday and Friday.

Thanks for your concern and support!!!

SL, my love....I'd do anything to ease your pain. Anything! I had all four of mine taken out at once right before Living Victoriously and recouped on Mrs. Wierwilles couch with nothing for pain but Olbus Oil and clove Oil. I wanted to die right then and there. The Oral Surgeon sent me home with some pain meds but good old Seymore Leven the Shrink in charge of 3rd aid took them from me and probably used them for himself while I was in pure agony..""""Believing my pain away""""" what a bunch of horse pucky.

Anyway, All of my love to you and yours my dearest.

Yours for as long as God makes Fog.

The Fognavigator

((((((((((((SL))))))))))))

It is so very good to "read" you again!!!!!

We have missed you SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!

I have been thinking of you constantly for the past few months...so glad to see your font again!!!

Nobody, and I DO mean NOBODY is touching my pain meds!!!! So sorry you had to go through that with twi and its' leadershi*

Dentist did an excellent job, but without the pain meds, I'd be a total wuss.

I'll be back corrupting young minds....er...I mean teaching, on Thursday.

(((((((((mySL)))))))))

Well, the wisdom tooth site itself is doing very well! No pain from it at all.

Where they had to fracture my jaw a bit to get the tooth out of it is still kind of painful. I'm on pain killers and Steve! has me restricted to bed/sofa rest this weekend.

It should be all healed in just a few weeks, until then my family is taking wonderful care of me with lots of hugs, soup, and their loving company.

...and codeine is a beautiful thing!

Thank you Reikilady, for sending the healing!I'd love to know more about Reiki, can you send me info?

And thanks everyone for your prayers, love and concern! It really touched me.

dmiller...not buying diapers yet, but we aren't anxious at all, just peacefully and lovingly waiting. Besides, when we do announce it will be on the thread in the Prayer Forum.