GreaseSpot Cafe

Clarity in the titles of the discussion forum

reikilady

Something I have noticed is that the titles of the discussion forums often do not make clear what the discussion topic is about. It would be helpful to me if the people who want to discuss something and start a thread would write titles that describe what they are writing about more clearly.

Just a suggestion and not all titles are unclear. It's nice to be able to tell what something is about before you open and spend time reading it.

Yep -- like when I started the "Who's Running This Ship" thread.

I could have mentioned that it was an actual ship, with sailors, and alcohol involved -- instead of leaving folks to speculate about the title, when first seen! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

But then again --- curiosity killed the cat comes into mind too! icon_wink.gif;)-->

I hear what you are saying, but Vickles is 100% correct on this one. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Interesting though. My english prof taught that clarity only often comes through revision, and sometimes much revision. You should see how some of my almost prize winning papers started. Some of us poor oafs probably don't know what they are talking about until things really get going.

You make an excellent point. The thread came about as a result of talking and thinking about how far from the subject some of the titles can be and sometimes I don't look because I don't have time to open every one.

Earlier I did post about everybody doing their own thing. It does take awhile to get the point of subjects at times.

My papers for school expect me to go over the same subject in every way conceivable and that drives me nuts, however, it helps the clarity.

DaddyHoundog's wife is WashingtonWeather aka WW and one of the most caring and intelligent and wonderful people I know. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

DaddyHoundog is a very intelligent and very common sense smart dyslexic (sp?) who proves that it can be overcome to be successful in life, mentally and spiritually! He had passed on great information and encouragement to me through WW and I wouldn't trade either one of them for the world!! icon_smile.gif:)-->

I love them both VERY MUCH!!!