GreaseSpot Cafe

Yates Conviction Overturned

Shellon

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oak,

See, the main flaw in Johniam's (and now apparently, in an indirect way, Oldies) reasoning, is that they compare and equate hitting a woman when she's a danger or stabs you in the back, to hitting a woman simply for being mouthy. To them, there is (or seems to be) no distinction. And even decking her for doing what that woman did in "The Verdict" is questionable, and most likely illegal.

To them this is Yet Another Example of 'taking a stand on The Word' when it comes to relation between the sexes, and that there is ((cough)) 'principle' and 'respect' to backing up the man's authority and place with muscle, even as a 'last resort'.

Johniam, had you married to, and tried something like this on my mother while she was in her younger years, even leaving out that there would have been 4 of her sons (including yours truly) piling on your redneck a$$ like a cheap suit at Penny's, she would be even the greater danger to you, as she has been known to fly in a rage, and do some serious damage when in that kind of situation. And pal, I don't give a rat's a$$ HOW bad or like Rambo you think you are, you would have lost that fight.

Bet your last Confederate dollar on it! icon_eek.gif

So I wouldn't place too much stature on a man's muscles. Women can (and often are) be just as strong in many other respects.

My daddy always told me to never hit a woman. And so, I never have and never will. It just isn't done where I came from. I guess I would if it were a life or death thing like Clint Eastwood did in Play Misty For Me, but that surely was just that: "life or death". She was a murderess.

I kind like the way King David handled his mouthy wife Michal, who mocked David because he danced naked before the Lord. He just "cut her off", and refused to **** her for the rest of their married life...

Jonny,

oooooooo!! Cruel man. A fate worse than death, ehh? icon_wink.gif;)-->

quote:
He just "cut her off", and refused to **** her for the rest of their married life...

Hhmmmm, is that the biblical version of "Meet the Fockers"?

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

quote:
Originally posted by johniam:

Garth: When God passed out brains, you thought He said plains so you said, "Oh, you can test nuclear bombs on mine!!!"

Translated to plain English: Damn! Lost Yet Another Argument!

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> Care for another game?

So Johniam, does that mean it is equally justifiable for a woman to "clock" a man who runs at the mouth too much?

How did your God cover that in the equation when he gave men greater physical strength? Cause trust me, my ex could run at the mouth like no one I've ever met before. I could try to walk away, but he would use that greater physical strength to stop me.

I certainly wasn't running off at the mouth when he swung a guitar at my head.

And BTW, just who gets to decide when a person is no longer simply speaking his/her mind, but is running off at the mouth? Is it ok for me to clock you if I feel you are running off at the mouth?

icon_confused.gif:confused:--> Wait a minute johniam...Andea Yates' delayed aquital is the price we have paid for more women not getting beaten up? icon_confused.gif:confused:--> icon_confused.gif:confused:--> icon_confused.gif:confused:-->
quote:
yes fewer women are getting hurt, but at what cost?
So, in order for justice to be done more consistantly, women need to be slapped more often? icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

I looked up the web site that you posted johniam. http://www.dadbeatdead.com/ In scanning it I didn't see advocation of beating women, but a call for fathers to have rights to their children that they are being denied in many divorce cases.

quote:
Goals of this site:
  • Seek to establish 50/50 custody, support and residential time with our children by mandating equality..
  • Promote awareness of parental alienation syndrome and the gender bias in the family court system.
  • Assist dads driven from their children.
  • Serve as a synergetic hub for written like experiences.
  • Provide a factual account of parental alienation syndrome and the gender bias in the court system.

Hmmm...nothing in theer about "clocking" those women who don't cooperate icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

I can attest that there are women out there who do their best to turn the children against their father in the event of a divorce. Women who physically prevent their ex-husbands from seeing their children, yet want every PENNY of that child support money. What's the solution? Beat the women? Slap some sense into them so that they don't dare try to prevent you from exercising your fatherly rights?

I know about all of this first hand. Yeah, maybe if I had slapped my ex-wife around regularly, especially when she got "mouthy" with me, I would still be happily married. Doh!

I am not expecting any of you to care...but I just have to say this:

Johniam....you have crossed the civility line with Garth....make some warm milk, get a good night's sleep and check back in when you can behave more appropriately????

Okay, Okay.....I have my flak jacket on...fire away.

ror

"I can lick any man in town!"

"I can lick any woman in town!"

I keep saying them both, back and forth, back and forth, trying to get a fix on them.

If forced, I'd choose the second, hands down. Metaphorically speaking. I think. icon_biggrin.gif:D--> It offers the most options.

quote:
Oldies, in most jurisdictions, it is legally justifiable to use sufficient force only to stop the perpetrator from carrying out their act.
Oakspear, I think a bullet in the head would have been justifiable in most jurisdictions. As a matter of fact, I think it can be argued that that would have been the preferred way. It's quick, effective, and gets the job done faster than trying to wrestle with a fierce crazy person.

Now if you're Arnold Schwartzenegger, I don't know. If you have the physical training and conditioning to take down a crazy possessed woman, in the act of murder, with your bare hands, you can try if you want. I guess it depends on your physical condition, but I wouldn't bank on it.

I'm not a lawyer or a cop, but as far as I know, one may use deadly physical force to prevent a murder. Heck, they'd be a hero.

quote:
Originally posted by johniam:

Radar: I'm just giving Garth a taste of his own medicine. This is not limited to this thread or the subject matter of it; he was recently reproved by Dabbobadah (sp) on another thread for his style of communication.

Fascinating. Just fascinating. You talk about clocking women who run off at the mouth, try to give biblical justification for it, failing that, you bring up Hollywood movies that seem to justify it, etc., etc., ad nauseum ... despite the many here who reprove you for your distorted views, ....

and you squawk about *my* 'manner of communication'?

Well, as to my manner of communication, despite what Dabbobadah may or may not 'reprove' me of, like I said in numerous times past:

I stand by what I say.

And no, you come nowhere *near* giving me 'a taste of my own medicine'. Not even close. And if you can't (or won't) see that, .... thanks but no thanks, I wouldn't want to go to twig with you either.

icon_cool.gif And with that, Caio!