GreaseSpot Cafe

Circus Midgets

Belle

I'm sort of seeing a guy and we've sort of started this running joke about circus midgets. I would like to surprise him with something related to circus midgets for Valentines Day, but I have no clue. Does anyone have any ideas, or should I try to get him interested in Amazing Sea Monkeys instead? icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Please, no comments about being PC. I'm not trying to offend anyone. I do seriously want ideas.

I seem to remember Ren and Stimpy had something about a circus midget episode....

Perhaps a CD of favorite music. Make a CD cover for it and title it

"The Best of The Amazing Circus Midgets". Use one of the photos from the above sites.

Custom T-shirts with silly sayings, like:

"Are We Out of Circus Midgets Again?"

"OK, who ordered the Circus Midget On Rye?"

"NO! NO Circus Midgets for you!!"

"I see .... Circus Midgets..."

"Are you happy to see me or is that a circus

midget in your pocket?"

"Shrink Rap" (front side)

"DJ Circus and the Midgitzle ShanizTle" (back side)

Belle, you've reminded me of my most embarrassing moment of all time.

Back in the early 70s, my boyfriend and I took my son to the local county fair. Just that day, my friend at work had heard about this sideshow "attraction" named Tiny Peter (I kid you not, that was his name), and we'd laughed about his name and various suppositions about his anatomy.

So, the night of the fair, my boyfriend and my son and I strolled around, and we came to the row of sideshow tents. Lo and behold, the sign said, "Tiny Peter. Only 1 foot tall. Married to a normal-size woman, blah blah."

I'd never been to a sideshow before (and never have since...something creepy about gawking at other human beings like that), but for the sake of telling my friend Nancy I'd seen Tiny Peter, I decided to pay my money and go in.

My boyfriend had better sense. He took my son on a ride while I was inside. So it was just me.

I paid my money and went into the tent, and guess what? There was no one inside but Tiny Peter, sitting on his tiny chair, swinging his tiny legs. There was no crowd to blend in with. No tall guy to stand behind and peek around. Just me. And Tiny Peter. My nose at the level of his tiny toes.

I was so ashamed for being there that I wanted to crawl under the stage his chair was sitting on, but I was in, and I figured it would be more rude to flee in embarrassment than to just talk to the guy. I couldn't just stand there staring at him!

We had a nice little chat, and he talked about how his kids all took after their mom in size and about other things I don't remember. And then I got out of there as fast as I graciously could. I was so embarrassed for going to a "freak" show, and it was ten times worse being the only member of the audience!

Back to the circus midgets: I have to say collecting circus midget stuff would be a very odd hobby! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

belle, see if there's a circus coming to town, and get tickets as a valentine's present

i'll have to think of some other stuff although i can hardly top the suggestions here !!!!

--

i just found a shirt you can buy, i love midgets and angry dwarfs....

15132792_F_tn.jpg

i'll give you the site cuz you can get a coffee mug or an ornament that says the same thing

http://www.cafepress.com/joemidget2

what does that mean anyway ? angry dwarfs ?

Y'all are awesome!

Paw, thanks so much! I had looked but didn't see some of those.

Cool site, ex! I'm going to look at that some more, especially if things continue to go well with us.

And, Chas, where exactly did he learn about the "dwarf toss"?? icon_biggrin.gif:D--> LOL! If he grows up with a thing for circus midgets just let me know. icon_wink.gif;)-->

Linda, I can only imagine how uncomfortable that was. Anda then he wasn't behind some thick glass or a little peep hole type window so you could just wave and keep on trucking through. How would you start that conversation? "Wow, Tiny Peter. I wasn't expecting a person." icon_biggrin.gif:D-->