GreaseSpot Cafe

How many of you think you met E.T.?

Ham

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"My wife and I saw one when we were up north once. (Michigan) the light of this vehicle flew in a way our planes cannot."

those were the northern lights, Def. icon_wink.gif;)-->

When I was a kid, I was terrified of UFO's and ET's. I thought there was a UFO that I could see outside my bedroom window every night for a long time (at least it seemed that way to me). Never saw an ET, but was convinced I heard one once. I screamed so loud I scared my parents.

I still get shivers just thinking about it.

When I was even younger, I was at my grandmothers - still slept in a crib. One crawled into the crib with me. (I"m not making this stuff up either).

I also used to see the ghosts of our cat and dog running and playing in our hallway for several years after they died (I think up until the time we moved).

These things bothered me so much that it was all I could do to handle being alone in a house, even into young adulthood.

However, looking back now, I realize I had/have a very very vivid imagination, so who knows what was real. I was also afraid of really tall pine trees - I thought they were monsters that would come and get me. In kindergarten when we went outside for recess I used to hide in the doorway because I was so afraid of those trees.

This is why I've tried to be careful about teaching my kids tv is make-believe and I've tried to be careful about what they watch.