GreaseSpot Cafe

How many of you think you met E.T.?

Ham

OK.. this is an honest question, not intended for just plain silly or just plain weird, for that matter.

Discounting some of the drug experiences some of us may have had.. have you ever met "E.T."? A rather significant percentage of the US population believes in E.T., and a smaller percentage actually think they have had a physical encounter with an extra-terrestrial. Does anybody here claim the same (if you are willing to admit it..)?

If all I can get is silly answers, that would be fine too.

Enquiring minds want to know!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
Originally posted by Steve!:

There's an interesting phenomenon occurring. As the use of cellphones is increasing in the UK, the reported incidents of UFO sightings and ET contacts is rapidly decreasing.

Apparently Cingular can't reach E.T.'s home planet either. ... Not unless you get their 'Galactic Extended Coverage Package', that is.

anim-smile-blue.gifanim-smile-blue.gif

What really got me on this is it seems that some people have seen SOMETHING. The usual off the cuff religious reaction is "well, that just cannot be". "We all just KNOW that there isn't anything else out there, I read it in da bible". Funny, I can't seem to be able to find that particular passage.

What about the angels? Where do they "reside"?

If the bible is true about angels and their existence, you automatically have at least one other highly intelligent "life form" out there somewhere. Perhaps there may be more going on than most religious folk are willing to concede.

I think a more honest reply would be "well, I just don't know". That would sit a lot better with me. But apparently some are supposed to be experts in all life and godliness. I have observed that a lot of religious folk feel rather threatened at the prospect of somehow having their belief system challenged.

So, what if there was an ET? How does that effect God's contract with man, man's redemption, etc.? Personally, I don't see how it would.

So, what did they see? "simon saw" ya know..

Dunno. If I met ole Rosie trotting down the middle of wienerville road on a cold, dark night, I may be convinced too, but I am talking about INTELLIGENT life here.

Eliminate all of the drugies and folks with a previous history of psycological disorders and how many "close encounters" are left?

The Alien Abductee Suport Group meets every other Tuesday evening in Austin TX - There should be one in every major city for those that need some support. I hear those anal probes the ailens seem to use can leave deep emotional scars or even cause PTSD.

The famous case in these parts (and there aren't all that many that i am aware of ) was Barney and Betty Hill from New Hampshire sometime in the 50's. They lived most of their lives as 'normal joe' type people until a close encounter--It is fairly well documented -- there should be alot if you google them ( I would but I'm in a rush right now)

As far as religions go they are not all immediately against it-- There are religions and spiritual groups that hold extraterrestrials as their basis ( as in thats our genesis-which in some ways could make more sense then we were *poofed* out of the dust of the ground --if origins are important to you).

Ive heard it from and read it in Native American, Mayan, Toltec, African and a few other cultures religious writings, and of course the New Agers (those of the StarSeed)...

...anyway your right people are seeing something and many cultures have legends of some sort of beings descending from the heavens which aren't all from a 20th century christian perspective.

Ive never had any experiences and dont care if i do or dont. Just time on my hands to read and talk to some people that are outside of the mainstream........no none of them are on medication in case you were wondering....

As for me and my household we don't believe in them.

I don't doubt that some people think they have seen things.

I have heard some strange sounds animals make. The sound that a lion makes is hard to discribe ( not the roar that you see on TV). Makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

Doesn't make me believe in ET.

I don't think I've ever met an extra terestrial, however, since I don't know what they are supposed to be, how can I really say for sure?

On the other hand, I have seen a UFO once when I was either in high school or college. I was coming home from work one night, and I saw what looked like a falling star going at a sharper angle than normal, and then it sort of turned around and flew back up almost in the same direction that it came from. While I don't instantly think "aliens are coming" I do wonder what the hell that was.

My wife's family is from Mexico, where UFO sightings are fairly regular. I know of a few cases where they have seen things. For example, my mother in law, both sisters in law, my wife's grandmother, and I think one other person saw a wingless aircraft of some sort taking off and flying low right over them, and a metallic thing the size of a stadium fly over my wife's aunt, cousin, and grandmother (who is nearly blind so she just noticed that it got dark). These people have no reason to lie and they are normal people, so I see no reason to not believe them. Oh, I forgot but one sister in law saw the lights over Phoenix as well, even though I think that was probably a U.S. military thing.

Thanks for all of the responses so far. This was just one more of the subjects that I sorta "put on the back burner" during my vey years. Anything I ever heard from anybody in the ministry during those years certainly did not encourage me to ask any questions about it!

Mass devil spirit possession did not sound like a very reasonable explanation, at least to me. Some of the "events" have happened in broad daylight over Mexico City and other places. Must be pretty powerful debils, make all those people see the objects and possess all the cameras and video recorders at the same time too. I think that explanation gives evil just a little too much credit.

Maybe it is some kind of natural phenomena, as of yet unexplained.

A more honest answer to "what's da deal?" would be "we don't know". I Rarely heard that one in the ministry.

Personally, I have never met E.T. But it is a pretty big universe.

Oh well exie.. I guess I can't have everything! One of the other things I kind of wanted to know was what the people here thought. What are your beliefs? Have your opinions or beliefs changed regarding ET since leaving da ministry? For me personally, I can't really say I believe in ET, just have not gotten enough real info to rule it out. Too often I have been proven wrong when I thought I had all the answers.

You all have been certainly more than kind. Can you imagine asking this kind of question in "twig"? heh heh. Woulda gotten "the bums rush" for sure!