GreaseSpot Cafe

prayer of healing

vickles

I was at church last sunday and in bible group the leader asked me to stay behind. She told me that she was having physical problems and so I asked her if she would like for me to pray for her. She said yes and so I did.

She wrote me an e-mail this week thanking me because she had been healed. She said that she was not expecting anyone to minister healing to her.

To me it was just a prayer not ministering to anyone.

In some ways I felt that I was back in twi in the old days. It was very heartfelt as in I felt that I speaking actually to God.

I know that a lot of us don't believe in this stuff anymore. So to me it was really weird. I don't know if I believe or not. The inner me wants to believe that this is actually what took place. I want to see the miracles.

But another part of me wants to not believe it because its what twi believed.

Does anyone else have that problem?

Vickles I think that is wonderful news and if she says that she is healed then she should know. Perhaps it is the old way understanding of the word ministering that is the problem here. Ministering- To attend to the needs of others, to dispense or provide,attendant, servant.

I look at ministering healing much the same as ministering food, or ministering help the act is ministering how you do it will vary with the service. So if you were ministering food to a homeless person you would most likely be taking some sort of food for them to eat. And if you are ministering healing to someone you might pray or you might talk with them or offer some form of natural or medical help.

Long before the Way people were healed by prayer. Seperating the prayer from the group or groups is the key. Like prayer there was math before the way my feelings toward the way does not change the fact that the math I used there still works. Attending, providing, helping,is ministering to others feeding,loving praying, ect. is how it is accomplished and it will vary on the situation.

quote:
To me it was just a prayer not ministering to anyone.

And to add to what WhiteDove said, prayer simply means "to ask". IMHO if you ask for something, you are expecting an answer, or else they are empty words, and not sincere.

I am guessing you were VERY sincere when you prayed for her -- witness the result. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Just because docvic and twi taught these things doesn't mean that the concept of ministering healing is "junk bible".

She pulled you aside, right?? Ever stop to think that perhaps God told her to do so? She must have been praying (asking) previously, and got your name as an answer. God knew your heart, reguardless of twi "upbringing". icon_smile.gif:)-->

In the past year, I have been prayed for three times and was healed all three times. It was a gift from God that I was healed. It had nothing to do with how good I was or if my believing equaled my receiving. It had to do with God wants to see his people healthy.

Since I have been reading and asking alot about healing and found most of my answers by reading myself and by some of what the teachings of

this group who have studied under BG Leonard

http://64.26.1.249/

I have prayed for people as I am learning and I have seen answers there as well.

What I am learning is when I am quiet inside and know God wants his people healed (but healing is a gift FROM him to the person not because of the "magic" of the one praying)

That at times I see little "like" symbols that lead me to WHAT I am to pray for...

I was praying for my sister and I kept seeing Albert Einstein writing formulas on a black board and some how that communicated to me to pray for her chemistry and that was the problem.

She was healed.

It is all very wonderful and I praise God for all who pray and for all God heals.

I did not really wnat to write all the great things as I did not want it to be up for a bunch of arguing, so I kept most of it to myself and others I KNOW love prayer.

Vickles - it is wonderful! Praise God!

Edited by Dot Matrix

Vickles,

This is an awesome story and one that I hope you will continue to hold dear.

God HEALS, that is HIS JOB, and he has done it for thousands of years. He is not a respecter of persons, OR situations, he is a loving father that cares for all of his children...."he who sees the sparrow fall, will hear our call," etc.

DO NOT let twi define you in ANY WAY. Your life, your spirituality, they are between you and the ALMIGHTY. To doubt this healing because of past twi teachings "handicaps" you in your path to righteousness.

Radar

About 8 years ago, I did something really stupid, got caught, and needed immediate help, and had no one to call on (so I thought).

I was really agonizing over it in prayer, confessing to Father and asking for help. I looked out the window, and literally "saw" the name of a friend over my back yard. I am not joking, it was there.

I called him up, met with him, confessed, we prayed, and he helped pull me out of the situation I was in.

God honors honest prayer always, no matter who taught you what, or when. I never worried about twi during that situation. I was thankful for the deliverance.

Hey, just rejoice that she was healed! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

We can spend a lot of time wondering whether it was God, or coincidence, or George Aar telling her to get back to work icon_wink.gif;)-->, or lighting a fire to the goddess Bridget, or Reiki, or what-have-you, but the important thing IMHO is that someone is no longer sick!

Dearest exie,

Yes, she did tell me what was wrong with her before I prayed for her. All I prayed about was healing for whatever was wrong with her and asked God to heal her.

Dmiller

Cool!

What I have seen is the FLAWS, TWI taught us, really hampered us from seeing GOD at work. Remember we are to make sure we are in fellowship. (And if you had fear it was negative believing -- gotta get rid of that before your prayers are answered) Then, our believing has to be there to receive (as a human we get hit with doubts but that does not stop God from loving you, using his power or healing you*).

Then, of course “it rains on saint and sinner a like” this always bothered me as this is where God can be taken out of the whole answer to prayer. If the unbeliever lines up his or her believing to something they will receive it just like us. So, why even invite God into the equation? He is expendable with this line of thinking.

Healing is not a formula it is a GIFT from God each and every time we are healed. But in TWI they were so rigid with formula thinking they did not allow the spirit of God to work. For instance, when I had left TWI a very short time I was working in a corporate office in California. A girl with whom I have remained friends for the past 15 years was crying at her desk. She told me her little boy’s hips had been hurting him and they had just diagnosed this 8 year old with some bone disease and he had to be in a wheel chair the rest of his life.

I told her I would keep him in my prayers and I did but felt removed from the whole miracle situation as I was still sorting out all the TWI stuff. Well, things deteriorated as Kyle went to school in a wheel chair and was mocked by other kids. I moved to Georgia and stayed in touch with Giselle. Giselle, his mom, took him to Disney land to cheer him up and while they were on a ride people stole his wheelchair.

I was working at a law firm here in Georgia and told some of my new friends what happened and they (the attorneys) collected money to send to her for a new chair. Praise God!

But I kept thinking of something when I prayed.

I figured, what the heck and I told her.

I keep thinking "you should make a storybook with pictures of Jesus and a little boy." The little boy is Kyle and he asks Jesus to heal him. Jesus loves him soooo much that he touches the little boy and says I will restore you day by day. You come see me each day and we will restore you daily, a number of cells at a time, until you are healed.

So, Giselle made the book and each day she read it to Kyle and each day they prayed seeing the picture in the book of Kyle on Jesus’ lap and Jesus touching the area saying I will see you tomorrow. Until you are completely restored.

Well, after about six/eight weeks, Kyle could walk. They went to the Doctor and he was healed.

This was not a formula. Places in the Bible are different. Like when the prophet Elisha lay on top of the boy and he sneezed seven times**. No where else do you see that. Or when Jesus made mud from dirt and saliva – it only records that once ***. Formulas remove God. Prayer from an open heart and doing what you are inspired to do in that case would be the basis of success. IMO

It was said of Peter that he was an unlearned and ignorant man. (Acts 4:13) And yet look how he was inspired simply and how God healed.... Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.**** (No great greek discussion, no formula to read)

(This same woman) Giselle’s brother had a stroke recently. IT was a brain stem stroke – the kind which killed her father. He is on our prayer list. And a wonderful Rev. here at Grease spot availed himself to help anyway he could. Giselle went to see her brother in the hospital and prayed for his “electrical circuits” (her words and understanding) to work and be bathed in the healing power of Jesus Christ. She then spoke right to the area and said, “I speak healing to you in the name of Jesus Christ.” She did not see any pictures and already knew what was going on. This time she did not make a book but followed her heart and prayed this way on this particular day. Her brother who was unable to walk, who was crawling when she got there on Friday was up and walking and his slurred speech is cleared and he is no longer dizzy and all this by Sunday morning.

God healed him.

Like you Vickles, it was no heavy revy just a heart felt prayer.... God heals... The one formula I see is that there isn't one.

--- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----

Verses for those of you who want them:

*I sought the Lord, and He heard me and delivered me from all of my fears.

Psalm 34:4 (You need not get rid of your fear first to be heard)

**Then he returned, and walked in the house once back and forth; and went up, and stretched himself on him: and the child sneezed seven times, and the child opened his eyes.2 Kings 4:35

***Now as Jesus passed by, He saw a man who was blind from birth. And His disciples asked Him, saying, 'Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind.?' Jesus answered, 'Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him. I must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work. As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.'

When He said these things, He spat on the ground and made clay with the saliva; and He anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay. And He said to him, 'Go, wash in the pool of Siloam' (which is translated, Sent). So he went and washed, and came back seeing."

John 9:1-7

****Acts 3:1-6:

Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour.

And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple;

Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms.

And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us.

And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them.

Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

edited for typos.

Edited by Dot Matrix

Dot, thank you, thank you, thank you. I've have known for almost 2 years that you have a wonderful love of God and His son. This just adds icing to the cake, so to speak.

You are truly an inspiration to so many.

Thanks again. (BTW, my dad was looking better Friday according to my sister. Thanks for your prayers)

I think we analyze the good stuff too much.

and don't just letting the living of life and the good things be.

I understand the ambiguiousness, been there and been there and been there, but I got to a point tht nothing was there...so I quit going back...and started to just really enjoy when thigs worked out...be there directly God erlated, or the so called coincidences of life.