GreaseSpot Cafe

lawsuit

wonder1

Wonder1- welcome back. We were wondering what happened to you- Haven’t heard from you since early June. Why are you interested in what is known here about lawsuits?

I note this is your 10th post. Your first post on May 16 was to a thread that was a month old concerning the peeler lawsuit. The posts after your post to that thread did not say anything meaningful to your question—Why were you interested?

On May 19 you started a thread titled -

Is the ministry perfect? Why did you want our opinion on this? - A casual glance at threads as you searched through just to find the peeler case thread should give you an excellent idea of what ex TWI site forum members think about TWI You responded on that thread a few times every couple of days until June 3 when you stopped posting here.

On May 22 you started two more Topics. One was How many lawsuits are there? -- Why do you want to know?

The other was

What is the real purpose of this Website? I know I am repeating myself Why do you want to know? Particularly since it is linked to the main menu on the home page.

Wonder1- I for one wonder who you are and what you quest is, your profile is a blank. Do you see a pattern to you posts? I do. I went into this detail so it was there for all who read this thread to see. Would you care to sit down and have a cup of java and color in the pattern? Enquiring minds want to know.

What have you been up to since your last visit to the caf?BR>Things have been pretty wild here while you were gone.

Wonder1- I realize it will probably be a day or two till you respond and you won't hang around long. But two more things are bugging me and I hope you can understand- First I have shared my heart and life openly and freely and lovingly to you on some of your topics. I don't feel you have reciprocated.

Finaly I wonder if you have posted this topic because it has been a couple of weeks since anything has been posted on any of the lawsuit threads- or is that just a coincidence?

ckeer -

Has anyone questioned any of your motivations?

Wonder1 has questions. Wonder1 has reasons for those questions. Those reasons are pretty much none of your business, no offence intended. Unless, of course, wonder1 chooses to make his/her reasons public knowledge.

I can think of a few different scenarios that would fit wonder1's questions - I'm sure you probably could too.

Give wonder1 the benefit of the doubt, it's easier that way. And besides, so what if he/she has underhanded reasons? What advantage could anyone hope to gain by getting answers from this internet site? In other words, what could it possibly matter if those reasons are less than 100% above board?

Dear Wonder1,

In answer to your question about lawsuits the status is as follows from what I know reading court documents:

1)The Peeler vs. TWI lawsuit is grinding towards depositions of TWI leaders and trial sometime beginning of next year

2) The TWIM vs. TWI case has an evidentiary hearing scheduled August 15th I believe

3) The oppositions to TWI's new trademarks are on hold pending outcome of the case above

4) TWI vs. Roberge (me) has had a motion by me to amend my counterclaim to add criminal allegations under the racketeering act (RICO) and violations under the Sherman Anti trust act.

I expect TWI to try to block the motion which will give me a chance to practice more on my legal writing skills.

Edited by pjroberge

Darn right, Jell, you *must* follow through with any poster that responds to one of your posts, even if it's just "me too". icon_wink.gif;)-->

While you're at it, Pat, work on your spelling, too. If you're going to prepare legal documents, they will have more credibility without spelling errors. It's "amend", not "ammend". It's "ad nauseum", not "at nauseum".

icon_smile.gif:)-->

I'm very interested in the lawsuits. So many of us weren't told anything about them and they don't mention any lawsuits any more. Nada. Never happened as far as TWI is concerned. "If you ignore them they will go away and people will forget about them" is the mentality.

It's a shame people have to come to the Internet and outside sources to get information on their own group. Keep wondering, wondering one.

How hard have you called around for one?

Are you looking for volunteers to do that? If so, I'm sure there are many on this board who would/could brainstorm and we could collectively figure out some firms to at least ASK if they would take your case.

Does the firm have to be in, where are you, Connecticut? If not, that would be even better. Where will the case be tried? Do you know yet?

If you want to start a thread asking people for suggestions of firms to go to to request representation, I'm game to join in.

I'm just saying why not TRY?

Best,

WB

quote:
How hard have you called around for one?

I tried legal aid and the Vermont bar as well as all the intellectual property attorneys in the area.

The case is being tried here in Burlington, Vermont.

I have a few attorney friends from other states too far away to be in court that have given me some feed back. My last pleading was adequate.

The actual facts in the case are heavily in my favor. My friends do not practice intellectual property law and have stated that they can be of little help in this specialty area of law.

In Federal court the judges are more concerned about substance than legal formalities, and are bound by statute to be that way with pro se cases.

Even if I were to lose, TWI would get nothing anyway as I have very little for them to take. TWI is just throwing their weight around and thought I would just fold. Not this time....

Pat - a spell checker isn't all it's cracked up to be...

Spell Check Poem

(Read it out loud!)

Eye halve a spelling chequer

It came with my pea sea,

It plainly marques four my revue

Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word

And weight for it two say,

Weather eye and wring oar write

It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid

It nose bee fore two long,