GreaseSpot Cafe

How Craig got to be Prez

JustThinking

The last time I saw Veepee, he was wandering around hdqrts grounds by himself...he had lost a tremendous amount of weight, but was still wearing the same suit that he had when he was heavier...the thing hung on him like a hobo. He looked somewhat confused and seemed to be wondering why nobody was paying any attention to him. At the time, I wondered the same thing...I figured that they should have gotten him a new suit that fit, and had a couple of people assigned to "acompany him"...Once martindale became president, he no longer needed to kiss Vic's foot...He went from being the biggest brown noser in the world, to treating him contemptously.

In hindsight, it looks to me that lcm was totally clueless. He became so obsessed with himself, so delusional, so swept away with his own "greatness", that he entered a world where the sane do not reside. He became Obi Wan Canobi...He thought that with the sweep of his hand, thousands would stop dead in their tracks and gaze at him in awe. How pathetic.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time I saw Veepee, he was wandering around hdqrts grounds by himself...he had lost a tremendous amount of weight, but was still wearing the same suit that he had when he was heavier...the thing hung on him like a hobo. He looked somewhat confused and seemed to be wondering why nobody was paying any attention to him. At the time, I wondered the same thing...I figured that they should have gotten him a new suit that fit, and had a couple of people assigned to "acompany him"...

I'm imagined this scene accompanied by the melancholy "Concerto for Violin, Theremin and [Howling] Werewolf".

This story is screaming for a Hollywood treatment...or a USA movie, at least.

It's too bad the director Ed Wood is no longer with us.

Edited by TheInvisibleDan

WOW, I hadn't read this thread up until now, and it's very interesting.

This may put to rest the idea that LCM was picked by "revelation".

... Anyway, back to lcm and vpw.."can you hear me in the back"..it is way weird how vpw could make such a boner. Remember live advanced class 1979 in Columbus,OH? lcm was running with a few other heavies from gunnison( I think) to Columbus. Of course they arrived the day before the class began and lcm was carrying the torch in front of the rest. He was so into himself.
Ha ha! how true how true.

Here's a little stow-ray:

Don't know if I ever posted this, but I was one of the runners who ran one of the 10 mile legs, from Rome City to Athens, carrying the torch.

I think I also was the only non-corps person running.

As I recall, this effort was coordinated by Bob Moynihan and all who ran received a bronze medallion.

I had been training for this event for 6 months prior to make sure I'd be able to run 10 miles straight without stopping. The day before the start at Rome City, I develop this sharp pain in one of my legs. I start limping around and start getting very worried that I might not be able to run. While limping by the reception desk, a gal at the reception desk saw me limping, and I told her what was wrong. She immediately layed hands and prayed for me. The pain was gone.

Next day, I ran the 10 miles with no problems. Day after that, my body ached all over, except that one part of my leg that was healed the day before! True story.

Anyway, back to Craig, yeah he had to have the spotlight. Those of us who did the marathon ran 10 miles each, but all of a sudden when the torch is coming around the corner guess who's carrying it?

Craig.

Did he run 10 miles?

No.

Apparently Craig grabbed the torch a few yards back, and started running carrying the torch to the front with some others behind him.

So here we are, each one running 10 miles busting our butts while we watch Craig grabbing the freakin torch running his few yards and getting all the attention like he's been running for miles. :lol:

'oldiesman'=

========

WOW, I hadn't read this thread up until now, and it's very interesting.

Don't know if I ever posted this, but I was one of the runners who ran one of the 10 mile legs, from Rome City to Athens, carrying the torch.

I think I also was the only non-corps person running.

As I recall, this effort was coordinated by Bob Moynihan and all who ran received a bronze medallion.

I had been training for this event for 6 months prior to make sure I'd be able to run 10 miles straight without stopping. The day before the start at Rome City, I develop this sharp pain in one of my legs. I start limping around and start getting very worried that I might not be able to run. While limping by the reception desk, a gal at the reception desk saw me limping, and I told her what was wrong. She immediately layed hands and prayed for me. The pain was gone.

Next day, I ran the 10 miles with no problems. Day after that, my body ached all over, except that one part of my leg that was healed the day before! True story.

Anyway, back to Craig, yeah he had to have the spotlight. Those of us who did the marathon ran 10 miles each, but all of a sudden when the torch is coming around the corner guess who's carrying it?

Craig.

Did he run 10 miles?

No.

Apparently Craig grabbed the torch a few yards back, and started running carrying the torch to the front with some others behind him.

So here we are, each one running 10 miles busting our butts while we watch Craig grabbing the freakin torch running his few yards and getting all the attention like he's been running for miles. :lol:

==========

You personally saw this,

and you STILL say lcm wasn't all about himself?

Edited by WordWolf