GreaseSpot Cafe

Step out into the street, Mr. Lynn.

Cynic

Garth:

Thanks for the response. I agree with you that the entire subject matter of John Lynn and CES is becoming somewhat toxic, - little value, lots of issues kinda thing.

I think in the next 2 weeks Im gonna try and start some different topics.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danny:

I wasnt referring to John Lynn bieng toxic. What I meant was that the subject material just seems to stir up hard feelings which have little value little worth.

With respect to Lynn, I innumerated a few differences that I had with him. To take it any furhter tho, I personally think is unwise. He is a person too, who stands or falls not on my opinion or any of ours, but in front of Our and His Lord.

Garth...thanks for interjecting with your own brand of humor...

Cynic...I didn't mean to offend... Sorry dude. I guess I was just thinking out loud. You guys can argue all night long about the bible if you want to...no problem here...and you are right, I should stay away from the theological debates rather than criticize those who involve themselves in them...I stand corrected.

dmiller: satori may be a lot of things, but slipshod isn't one of them. IIRC, he had more than casual contact with these men during his tenure in TWI, so he isn't just being nasty or contrary without a basis.

And Cynic, while I may not belong to his particular church, has still raised some legitimate Christian questions that could stand some debate.

satori: Let me guess--nobody told you why it was removed, either. Right?

quote:
posted by Zixar:

dmiller: satori may be a lot of things, but slipshod isn't one of them. IIRC, he had more than casual contact with these men during his tenure in TWI, so he isn't just being nasty or contrary without a basis.

Thank you Zix. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Satori -- if this is true, I apologize. And am also sorry your post got deleted. I didn't get a chance to read it, but evidently you had solid reasons for saying what you did. Maybe who ever took it, could put it back! Again, sorry I was presuming things that evidently were not the case.

How many posts have been deleted from this thread?

I occasionally save pages of some threads with which I am involved. I have a saved version of this page that ends with Satori's deleted post, which followed UncleHairy's previous post.

Was there some ruckus involving other deleted posts sparked by Satori's post? It is difficult to see why that post was deleted.

I hope details of this post-deleting affair reach the light of day.

dmiller, I don't know if that post would live up to its notoriety at this point. There really wasn't that much to it.

Cynic, Pawtucket advised me by private topic that I could re-post the one in question. Since he hasn't seen it, I don't know if he will then allow it, or go with the original moderator's decision. Only one way to find out.

Since you have the only copy I know of, either you can post it, or p/t it back to me, and I will post it again.

I don't know what other posts were deleted along with that one. Maybe we'll find out later on.

Regards...

Following is the version of satori001's deleted post (posted August 01, 2004 23:12) that is on the saved-thread page on my computer:

quote:

Originally posted by dmiller:You're out of the loop, satori, and are engaging in those circuitous reasonings that you accuse "LSG" of being so proficient of.

Where?

You are _so locked into_ a mentality of "they can't be right", that you are now making absurd accusations/ observations/ whatever-you-want-to-call-them, against folks who happen to differ from you.

I said, "...probably be along the lines of..." That has nothing to do with right or wrong. I'm saying Schoenheit would very likely dismiss the question with the same arrogance that VPW once spoke of (referring to himself) relating a personal story in PFAL. He would never get around to being either right or wrong. He wouldn't bother answering.

I have yet to hear any one of "LSG", or anyone in CES for that matter, say "I've forgotten more about the bible, than you will ever know". You know what??? Those words, in that particular sequence is not now, nor has ever been, in our vocabulary. I would never be so presumptuous as to even think such a thing, and in the 15 plus years I have hung out with CES, I have never heard anyone else say them either.

Did I mention this? I spoke to Schoenheit face to face, and while he didn't use those words, he dismissed my question out of hand. It reminded me of Wierwille's own arrogance, spouted by a sophmore. And by the way, it was a good question, but the subject wasn't part of Schoenheit's little program, so he brushed me off.

On that particular day, he was a self-important little prima donna, dmiller. Maybe he's grown since, but I have a hunch he's only grown more ripe. I don't doubt your experience is different. You seem inclined to challenge nothing they put forward.

Satori,

I honestly don't see what the problem was with that post. I haven't been able to get in touch with the mod either.

I generally copy a thread into a private forum so that I have the original in case there is an error. I am going to show the other mods how to do that also.

quote:
originally posted by Satori,

and re-posted by Cynic:

Did I mention this? I spoke to Schoenheit face to face, and while he didn't use those words, he dismissed my question out of hand. It reminded me of Wierwille's own arrogance, spouted by a sophmore. And by the way, it was a good question, but the subject wasn't part of Schoenheit's little program, so he brushed me off.

On that particular day, he was a self-important little prima donna, dmiller. Maybe he's grown since, but I have a hunch he's only grown more ripe. I don't doubt your experience is different. You seem inclined to challenge nothing they put forward.

Cynic -- thank you for saving/re-posting the preceding. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Satori-- no, it isn't anti-climactic at all. You are correct that I am not inclined to challenge CES about what they put forward, but conversely, may I also add that I actually do have questions about some of their doctrine, as well as some "practical" issues" that are happening these days.

Without going into any specificity here, I don't take all that is said by CES for granted, yet by the same token, I am willing to listen with "more-of-an-open-ear" to them, since I do think they are on the "right road".

Even the "right road" has detours, switchbacks, stop signs, forks in it, and even an occasional accident that stops traffic for a while. Simply meaning that even on the "right road", sometimes one has to proceed at a slower pace, and use caution.

If you had that conversation with John S., and if that was what you got, then that is what I will have to go with, since I was not there.

That being said, I still have to re-iterate the fact that I have never heard anyone at CES say "I've forgotten more of the bible --- etc.". In all honesty, if I ever hear that line from any person, group, denomination, cult, street preacher, street sweeper, tv preacher, you name it, I'll be waving good-bye to them through my rear view mirror.

I have no time for folks like that. "Pride goes before the fall". Ask Evel Knievel. I don't see this happening at CES, though I don't doubt that you do, given what you have mentioned.

Again -- sorry I flew off the handle. Not having prior knowledge of your reasons for your post, I said what I did. Some of it I stand behind, some of it I retract.

PEACE, LOVE, and BLUEGRASS! icon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

quote:
I have never heard anyone at CES say "I've forgotten more of the bible --- etc.".
he didn't say that Schoenheit uttered those exact words, but that his brush off put him in mind of VPW's line from PFAL

...and by the way, it's "pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall" icon_wink.gif;)--> (Proverbs 16:18)

quote:
posted by Oakspear:

...and by the way, it's "pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall" icon_wink.gif;)--> (Proverbs 16:18)

dammmmmm!!! Oak, I have gotta say this much for you. For an Agnostic, You sure know yer bible!! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Ummm -- I'm getting a long post together, and with multiple verses. Not sure I am right on all of them. Can you drop by, and help edit??

anim-smile.gificon_cool.gifanim-smile.gif