GreaseSpot Cafe

Mrs. Wierwille

sogwap51

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
And there are those who believe the Wierwille children were completely unaware of the highjinx their Father was engaged in. Interesting...

Well, I suppose it's possible. But if Mrs. W knew he was road testing Corp gals in the motor coach, I doubt this bit of information escaped the kids. I know that if I even suspected my Dad was boinking young women in a back yard RV, while my mom sat alone in the house, I'd have refused to have much to do with him. Does anyone REALLY believe the kids did'nt know about a lot of what Dr. was up to? In which case, I can certainly understand why they would be disinclined to publicly address such a shameful and scandalous legacy.

Cherished Child, I don't know but somehow I have a different view. If it's ever possible, I'd still like to hear it from their lips or computers that they believe and confirm the allegations against their father. Maybe wishful thinking, but I'm not making any assumptions that they are silent because of VPW'S supposed "shameful legacy". I think it may be spinned every which way, until we hear it directly from them.

icon_smile.gif:)-->

I dunno...most of us never dreamed that vp indulged himself....It would never dawn on me to think that my Dad was doing bad things....and yes he (my father) was having an affair right under the noses of his children...so I can see and understand why the wierwille kids wouldn`t know...or even want to believe ill of one whom they regarded as father.

Geeze he was adept at fooling all of us and when confronted, justifying his actions...why not his own kiddoes?

It is very possible to be naieve concerning a loved ones short comings.

Oldies...don`t put my name on your quote untill you use the whole thing correctly....and though I hate to add to his load, I will ask pawtucket to intercede if you do not stop misquoting me immediatly.

Rascal, your quote is now exact with the exception of my added "(in twi)" so folks who don't know you were talking about twi, know exactly who you were talking about. Do you object to me adding those words? I will remove them if you insist, but don't know why you'd be afraid of letting folks know you're talking about twi.

Since you're someone who wants to be totally upfront with folks and not keep them in the dark, I assume you'd agree, but let me know ...

quote:
what's your point oldies ? you'd believe something more or less about him if you heard from them ? i don't get it. what exactly is going to be spun until then ?
Excathedra, I believe confirmation by the Wierwille children of the allegations against their father would tend to lend more credibility to the allegations and help those of us who have a hard time believing that VPW was the very bad person that some portray him as.

quote:
Originally posted by rascal:

Yeah ex...your accounts mean nothing.

Pretty unrealistic to expect vp`s kids to come on line and say * Oh yeah my Dad was a lying sack of scum* just to prove some point to you oldies.

....and more unrealistic to think that, if they DID, he would do

anything BUT say they're mistaken, lying, or otherwise not

representing objective reality.

Further, anything less than an unequivocal comdemnation would

be isolated from its context and selectively quoted ad nauseum

to try to say exactly the opposite of its intention.

quote:
....and more unrealistic to think that, if they DID, he would do

anything BUT say they're mistaken, lying, or otherwise not

representing objective reality.

Further, anything less than an unequivocal comdemnation would

be isolated from its context and selectively quoted ad nauseum

to try to say exactly the opposite of its intention.

Wordwolf, I didn't think that predicting the future was one of your longsuits. Are you a prophet?

Om- my father helped Milton Freidman win the Nobel Prize for economics. He wrote the 3rd chapter in Miltie's book that won the prize.

If I told any of those paternal cronies about my Dad...

a. Don't you think they would think I had a vendetta

b. I think they would look at me like I was crazy

BUT MOSTLY C:

I don't have to - to know what I had to deal with growing up....No mater what they thought...and most thought very well of my father.

Your choosing to believe something based on the supposed validation of a relative is a poor excuse not to acknowledge the truth without the relative...its really a very nice sheild to hide behind for you....but as in the case of my dad...no matter what people thought--or whether they validated the perversions or not really doesn't amount to anything.

If you have no clue what I am speaking about...check my earlier post.

Daddyhoundog,

If there were a website devoted to your father's sinful life, daily defaming him and talking mostly trash about him, and some one or two posters speak kind things about him, would you be motivated to say a word to those folks who speak kindly about him?

If you wanted to speak, what would you say? Would you ask them to be quiet? -or- Would you be grateful that they remembered what good he may have done?

It's hard to compare these issues because I think Wierwille's contributions were more than economics.

no !

I would say, those are the consequences. It was not me, but him who lived like that.

Also given my Dad didn't change peoples lives in as direct a way or on a personnel level, he still had a very negative effect mine.

He made his bed, he is lying in it...as a matter of fact he is still alive, I have not seen him in over ten years and have no desire to see him...get it?

on the other hand, I am in constant communiation with my mother.