GreaseSpot Cafe

How big of a splash did you make when you left twi?

GrouchoMarxJr

I left without really much of a splash, at all. But I was in John Lynn's limb. There was a big limb meeting/yell fest that went on, which pretty much solidified my decision to leave. People (Corps grads) were yelling at and accusing JAL of all sorts of things. Most of the things said made no sense whatsoever. John simply told people why he had confronted the Trustees, where he thought they were wrong, and told people that he had received no response from the Trustees. Howard Allen was there. It was there after the meeting that Howard Allen told John that he was fired. I told to few other believers after that and talked about what I felt was the right thing to do. I felt that I could not, in all good conscience, continue to affiliate myself with TWI.

It was kind of interesting in that a married couple across the street from us decided to stay in TWI. I still waved and said hello to them, but they ignored me. Oh, well, to each, his own.

2 years after I left, I temporarily went to a WOW fellowship. Yet, by that time, I was actually finding things in TWI harder to relate to. The WOW's and the people in their fellowship would be excited to hear someone teach. I was not at all interested in who was doing the teaching but what they were teaching. I had already written a lengthy letter to LCM reiterating a lot of the things John and the others had already said to him.

While I was attending the WOW twig, the limb leader came by. The limb leader was Michael Harte, who I roomed with for 3 months at Emporia, five years earlier. Michael Harte asked if I was 100% committed to TWI. At that point, I was about 2% committed, if that much. I responded by asking Michael if TWI would be 100% committed to teaching people truth, not Way traditions, and if they would treat people correctly. Michael did not respond to that other than telling me I was not allowed to attend the twig anymore. In my mind, I had already left, so it wasn't a big deal.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
A close friend of mine was a state coordinator and when he left, he took the entire state with him...while all of this was happening, he actually received death threats from a member of the bod, whose name I will not mention...
get OUT hairy !!!!!

----

grasshopper excellent words ! good to see you !!!!