GreaseSpot Cafe

Revising Way Doctrine

Oakspear

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't if this counts as revised doctrine so much as standards. For example, as a rule of thumb we were told we should

Witness # times per week (Varied from 3 - 10)

Spend X hours "working" the Word (This was different for EVERY LC I had)

Have number of people (was 7, then 5, then 3...) people in a class

There seemed to be a lot of places where the head TWIt wanted to set guidelines that were just made up. No basis in anything other than he had to pull a number out of his a**.

JT, you forgot the 2x per day praying with your prayer partner who can't be your spouse.

Your updated "witnessing cards" that had to be turned in and X # of phone hook-ups, branch meetings & hfc meetings required each month.

We had to do all this and keep our houses spotless, our kids clean, quiet & straight A students participating in extra-curricular activities.

On the number of people who you could have in a class when i was in varried.

Tape class, cassett or real to real tape, was about 14 to 15 people or less.

Video or Film class ( from the original that VP made ) was about 15 to 20 or so.

And If the twig was able to get enough suckers, uh I mean interested people, VP said that if any group of belivers were able to get enough people together probably 40 or more people, that he would do the class live. But if i'm wrong pleaselet me know. But i think that at one time VP did say that if there was a big enough PFAL class that he would come and teach one or 2 segments live.

I don't know if there ever was a class big enough to get VP to come and teach it live. This was back in the 1974 - '75 time period almost 35 years ago.