GreaseSpot Cafe

Revising Way Doctrine

Oakspear

quote:
Originally posted by shazdancer:

Agreed, Evan. Wierwille taught the Athletes of the Spirit thing first. At first he seemed to teach it like "I know it says armor, but I like to think of it like an athlete" (not an exact quote, but the gist of it). Boy, was that confusing to hear him explaining that what the Word says is secondary to what he wants to think it should say!

I thought it was crap then. It still is. And isn't it telling that one of the few doctrines that Wierwille didn't plagiarize is a piece of junk?!

Regards,

Shaz

Actually, Shaz,

it's been pointed out by a number of people (I heard it first from Mark Sanguinetti)

that most of vpw's stuff was plagiarized,

and what WASN'T plagiarized was garbage.

Whenever he went out on his own with "original" material, he messed up.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, exy. That was on the "forgiveness" thread. And yes, I think the guilt card gets played by people who want to continue to perpetrate their abuse, or lessen their own guilt, by blaming others. And I appreciate that you noticed my post.

WW, I 'm one who's been saying it, too. I jus think the point fit here really well!

icon_smile.gif:)-->

Shaz

There were two teachings about Noah by VeePee at an Advanced Class. One in which he said Noah's nakeness was that he got castrated. He later had Walter C teach at a later Advanced class that it was Noah's wife that the son saw/sexed.

I don't remember Vee PEE being upset about it. Just "further research."

It isn't the revising of doctrine that drove me crazy it was the lack of acknowledgement that that is what they were doing that baffled me.

We've learned so much in the last few generations, Archeology, Anthropology, THe dead sea scrolls, old manuscripts to just name a few of the tools at our disposal. SOme of it has given us new insights and a clearer understanding.

But in every other church I've attended-- New concepts are introduced as just that--new concepts-- with comparision of the old and new done right in front of everyone with plenty of discussion to go around.

Which is as it should be

But TWI kept us in a vacuum where changes appeared like mushrooms after a rainy night.

BUt thinking on that-- that is probably the way it should have been in TWI --after all Keeping us in the Dark and Feeding us MAnure was the primary goal after collecting money

quote:
Originally posted by Belle:

quote:
Remember that stupid "Believer's Family Class"? Remember Martinpuke teaching that it is OK for single people to get laid once they get "of age" and aren't married?

WN, our bc once said that you don't buy the car without test driving it first! Like it was mandatory to have sex before you got married to make sure you were compatible.

Apparently their new class says not to have sex before marriage at all and not to date like other people. Just go out on dates. (in groups)

new class? If you are referring to the one LCM taught, what he said was that young people shoudn't have sex before marriage without their parents permission (not suprising seen as how he had a teenaged daughter).

However, he also taught that older single men had needs which had to be met.

Abigail, there's a new family class taught by the Coulters and they say in this new class that any sex outside the marriage is wrong. They also spend a great deal of time talking about how bestiality is wrong and how important it is to marry within the household.

They don't say they are changing doctrine or that they were wrong. They don't even mention the other doctrine - if we dont talk about it, it never happened - they just change it and expect the kool-aid drinkers to continue lapping it up.

After many years of silence about the subject, R*** Mag***** will stand in front of the press and announce, "from peas to soups to animals, we never informed our people that beastiality is OK, though we never failed to inform them little otherwise as well."

Tumbleweed is correct about the Noah and Ham incident. Wierwille taught that the sin of Ham was that Ham castrated Noah. Wierwille got that translation of that story from Ernest L. Martin's book, "101 Secrets That Christians Do Not Know", Chapter 57 (or the 57th Question), on page 87, entitled "The Castration of Ham".

Not a good interpretation but apparently Wierwille believed it. The rest of the book looks okay, though.

Sometime early in the 1980s, John Schoenheit wrote in a Way Magazine an article called, The "Sin of Ham", in which he states that the sin was not castration but that Ham raped his own mother, giving way to the birth of Canaan. Schoenheit gives great scripture to back this up. I believe the article came out after Wierwille died and was before the Advanced Class of 1986.

When I attended the Advanced Class in 1986, we saw the video of Wierwille bringing up the Sin of Ham as castration. At lunch and after lunch, I mentioned that the Way Magazine had since gone away from that and said it was Ham raping his mother.

Many fellow classmates, obviously Wierwille worshippers, panicked and went to the head of the class at that time, Michael Fort (this happened at Emporia) to turn me in pretty much, and question whether I was telling the truth or disrupting the class.

Fort advised them the story was true and I was not captured or handcuffed but rather Fort came out and tried to calm those down that further research had been done on the subject and that it sometimes is necessary to move on and correct any past errors and that we should be grateful to belong to a ministry that does that.

Actually, that summer, Michael Fort was a class act. I don't know him personally and maybe others do not agree, but he did pretty good.

So they've discovered beastiality is wrong?! Wow, wait until the unbelievers hear this.

Here's a tip for both of the Corps weenies allowed to look at the net. Find an article on beastiality and print it. Take it to the next advanced class as proof that the the devvvvil spirit world is copying the research done by the one true household. You'll be a hero.

icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

Belle,

No, they'll just revise the "Biblical" definition of sex.

Not that anyone here would EVER want to tweak TWI but... one could ask about the first usage still being a valid Biblical research principle. They will, of course, say yes. Then ask about the first use of sexual terms in the Bible. If you believe Loyboy's class it was a lesbian affair between Eve and the Devil.

So that sets the pattern for the rest? :-)

JT