GreaseSpot Cafe

twi theme for this new ministry year

houseisarockin

I received the latest (Jan/Feb05) magazine today. I've only begun to skim it but thought you may enjoy their mission statement (so to speak) for the new ministry year. This was taken from their Sunday (service) Highlights. I've given you the full text printed for each member of the board.

R*venbark:

"It's my pleasure to share with you that in the 2004-2005 year, we'll have the privilege of uniting around the theme The Promised Land of the Prevailing Word: Building Biblical Understanding. We'll move forward together on this theme, reaching new heights of understanding our heavenly Father's heart for us, His children. From youth to maturity, understanding the knowledge of God's Word is essential for success."

P*atig:

"Why build Biblical understanding? Because we profit as we hear the Word of truth of the gospel and as we follow through to the point where we know the grace of God in truth. That Word begins to bring forth fruit in our lives from that day forward. Fruit is profit—it is sustenance, it is advantage, it is godly advancement."

D* L*sle:

"Building Biblical understanding requires both the knowledge and the application. We first acquire the knowledge of God's Word, and then we do the building. We read the Scriptures, we work the research that has already been proven in our ministry publications, and thereby we increase in the knowledge of God's Word. Then we put into operation that Word that we have built in our lives, in our hearts."

© TWI

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few more items of interest:

In the 2006-2007 ministry year there will be not one, but two Advanced Class Specials at the Way International Headquarters, each with its own theme! Dates and other details will be forthcoming.

A new Foundational Class in English will be videotaped in the spring of 2005 for use worldwide.

The Advanced Class will be held at Headquarters June 12-25, 2005, and Advanced Class graduates are eligible for work-study program (see the back cover of this issue for more information).

The Household Enrichment Series has blessed the Staff at Headquarters in recent years. To extend these blessings, several of these teachings have been recorded on audiocassette and will be available for Foundational Class graduates via The W*y International Bookstore in January.

© TWI

Here we go again.. sure would be a nice mission statement if it was coming from almost anybody else. And of course it HAS to be "prevailing". Trouble is, da word sure is not prevailing there anymore, probably never has, at least among some of the higer ups.

What application does Mr. D have in mind? More shuffling of papers, more mind numbing "activities" for supposed God's people. More classes. A more godly application would involve seeking forgiveness from those that have been hurt, but I am not holding my breath.

And, what kind of biblical understanding is it that they seek? "We still let our people read their bibles, when they are not busy going to "twig", planning for our wonderful events, and in general not kissing our rear ends, and for damn sure as long as it does not disagree with what we teach". That would at least be a little more honest.

Poor ole harve wants to build "fruit" in his life. Probably hasn't seen "fruit" for over a decade. No fruit? Replace it with activity, mind numbing activity.

Isn't this a contradiction?

"It's my pleasure to share with you that in the 2004-2005 year, we'll have the privilege of uniting around the theme The Promised Land of the Prevailing Word: Building Biblical Understanding"

and

"We read the Scriptures, we work the research that has already been proven in our ministry publications, and thereby we increase in the knowledge of God's Word"

I'm confused, are the scriptures now the ministry publications? This sounds right up Mike's alley icon_wink.gif;)-->

If I was a teacher doing the same thing, they would run me out of town on a rail.

"Now students, we are here to study engineering, but you are "encouraged" to only read the second grade primer for math. After all, this is our "proven" publication. Simply ignore all of the other "ungodly" text books.."

Somehow, logical people will not tolerate this kind of nonsense in any other profession. I guess "religion" is exempt..

quote:
Because we profit as we hear the Word of truth of the gospel and as we follow through to the point where we know the grace of God in truth. That Word begins to bring forth fruit in our lives from that day forward. Fruit is profit—it is sustenance, it is advantage, it is godly advancement.

Typical TWI rhetoric that will be repeated over and over again to the innies and the definition of "fruit" will change depending on the motive of the day.

Profit and fruit will mean worldly success and blessings when they want you to give more money (but how many really have that in TWI?)

Fruit will mean new students and new people bringing money to TWI when they are pushing outreach.

Fruit will mean spiritual growth when they want you to sign up for their Advanced Class Specials and pay for that new taped foundational class.

They have the manipulation down to an art form and the innies are so used to it that they can read between the lines without even realizing it, thereby giving TWI what they want in their loyal followers.

My concern is that nothing at all is mentioned about a personal relationship with God or Jesus Christ. It's all about "knowledge" and "rightly dividing the word" - where is God in all this? Where is Jesus Christ? icon_confused.gif:confused:--> They remind me more and more of the Epicureans they made fun of...."we'll hear you again on this matter." Nothing but puffed up knowledge inspires them anymore. It's really sad. icon_frown.gif:(-->

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Hammeroni:

Oh, by the way, thanks for the update House..

You're welcome. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Mr. Hammeroni, Abi and Belle, thank you for the insightful posts.

Interesting to note they are doing a new Foundational Class, as we suspected. Wonder who the teacher will be. I would eat my mouse if it were Rosie. icon_razz.gif:P-->

I'll look further to see if anything of interest when time.

I think this phrase of Harvey's is insight into something in itself, still looking and thinking on that one.

....where we know the grace of God in truth....

Hi,After leaving said ministry ,i started learning from other sources ,they are not the only ones teaching information.

Alot of their publications need to be updated as historical dig ect have come to light.Whatever happened to "as we learn further we will change in light of further material.

Just a nother bait and hook to keep innies thinking they have the only truth

I'll post an assortment of bits and pieces that will hopefully be of interest. There is an article that I don't have the time to read right now but will and post on it. These other things I sped read for the most part for things that jumped out at me.

From article on Advanced Class Special:

R*ivenbark:

"The purpose of Biblical research is to establish, develop, or discover information so that others may be taught and benefited by the instruction. All Biblical research is to be approached with prayer, believing, and a peaceful heart – not to prove a point but to let the Word speak for itself."

P*atig:

"Our teachers did a great job of debunking the myth that you need to be an "intellectual" to do good Biblical research. They really showed us that the keys are already ours and that we have the materials in our ministry storehouse to each be very successful at working God’s Word."

D* L*sle:

"It was inspiring to see the international believers hook up with their buddies from the Advanced Class. You'd see internationals with The W*y of the U.S.A. believers going over their notes together all over the hotel. It was a great illustration to me that it's the

Word that brought all of us together."

© TWI

More in next post.

From Sunday (service) Highlights:

R*man S*eciw "Our Partnership with God"...why establish a financial partnership with God? From a heart standpoint, it's so that we can respond in love and thankfulness for all that He's done for us. It's so that He then can bless us with all of His abundance as stewards of that which God owns. With a mind-set of freewill, joyful giving, we believe to receive and enjoy so many of the great benefits of being in a financial partnership with our heavenly Father."

© TWI

More in next post.

From article Timothy: A Believer's Example by B*b M*ynihan...Some of the fundamental areas of importance that God exhorts His sons and daughters to develop as a way of life are to:

(1) study God's Word

(2) pray

(3) witness the Word

(4) abundantly share

(5) fellowship with like-minded believers

Nothing outstanding on points except these IMO:

Under ABS category it mentions Craig's Rise and Expansion book.

Tied giving directly into their receiving growth and advancement.

Emphases on the importance and benefits of sharing one's abundance and being a cheerful giver.

© TWI

That ends what I have to give now, as I said I will read that article when I can. It is by R*co M*gnelli titled "Grace Unto Good Works." Thus the name defines why I would want to take my time before reporting to you here.

As well, I've not given my input but haven't had the time to do both post and add to it. Thank you for your understanding.

Abi said: "I'm confused, are the scriptures now the ministry publications?"

This little tidbit is right up Rosalie's alley. When I worked in her department (this was '85, I believe), she told me I shouldn't worry about not having time to read the Bible (what with all the darn meetings and mandatory activities), because I read Way Publications stuff in my job every day. What a crock.

That was a real red flag, and part of the reason I quit.

quote:
P*atig:

"Why build Biblical understanding? Because we profit as we hear the Word of truth of the gospel and as we follow through to the point where we know the grace of God in truth. That Word begins to bring forth fruit in our lives from that day forward. Fruit is profit—it is sustenance, it is advantage, it is godly advancement."

harvey did you used to smoke dope ? either way, take it up now please

quote:
Originally posted by Linda Z:

Abi said: "I'm confused, are the scriptures now the ministry publications?"

This little tidbit is right up Rosalie's alley. When I worked in her department (this was '85, I believe), she told me I shouldn't worry about not having time to read the Bible (what with all the darn meetings and mandatory activities), because I read Way Publications stuff in my job every day. What a crock.

That was a real red flag, and part of the reason I quit.

Well at least you know she remained a steady. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

She's unique is she not! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

quote:
Originally posted by excathedra:

quote:
P*atig:

harvey did you used to smoke dope ? either way, take it up now please

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

From an article titled "Grace unto Good Works" by R*co M*gnelli:

Closing statement pretty much says what the article did. I'd thought they were going in the direction of making works equal to receipt of anything advancing. I'd seen this word show up a few times...advancement. That would enable them to expect works from their fold. And they'd have the necessary scripture to back them up.

It may be just me but it looks like that's where they're going.

Closing statement:

God, because of His love for us, gave us the gift of salvation through grace. God's grace is unmerited divine favor. It is not given because we do good works, but by grace we are sufficient to perform every good work thru Christ Jesus, our lord. God's grace is like a consistent and favorable breeze that allows us to move forward and steadily advance in life. It isn't something that we work for, but it is something that we work with to move ahead, going where we desire to go with God and doing the things we desire to do for God. It is His supply through grace that will continue to provide the direction, encouragement, strength, and resources we need. Let's continue to grow in God's grace through a study and application of His Word and abound to every good work.

© TWI

Just a couple quick comments:

From Rosie:

""The purpose of Biblical research is to establish, develop, or discover information so that others may be taught and benefited by the instruction."

Seems to imply that the individual doing the research shouldn't expect much in return for themselves - they are simply to give. I'm all for giving, but a healthy individual sets boundaries on giving and should expect to benefit also.

From Harv,

"They really showed us that the keys are already ours and that we have the materials in our ministry storehouse to each be very successful at working God’s Word."

implies one has to have the ministry and their materials in order to do good Biblical research.

and Romans,

Well, it seems that they have done an awful lot of teachings on abundant sharing this past year.

"Well, it seems that they have done an awful lot of teachings on abundant sharing this past year."

That's the ONE CONSTANT that will NEVER change. They will always have to reinforce the idea that giving money to them is somehow equivalent to godliness. No matter what, they MUST keep the cash flowing in, reliably and dependably. What better way than to convince people that God requires it as a condtion of righteousness in "The Household".