GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Tune

Raf

"How soft your fields so green ,can whisper tales of gore of how we calmed the tides of war. We are your overlords. On we sweep with threshing oar. Our only goal will be the western shore. So now you'd better stop,  and rebuild all your ruins. For peace and trust can win the day despite of all your losing."

"Valhalla, I am calling!"

"How soft your fields so green, can whisper tales of gore, of how we calmed the tides of war. We are your overlords. On we sweep with threshing oar. Our only goal will be the western shore. So now you'd better stop,  and rebuild all your ruins. For peace and trust can win the day despite of all your losing."

11 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Perhaps, but I don't recognize it.  Maybe I'd recognize the melody.

George

I'm certain you'd recognize the melody pretty fast.   I've recognized it from a one-second clip, and it's not by my all-time favorite band or anything like that.

"The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands. To fight the horde, sing and cry, 'Valhalla, I am coming!' "

"We come from the land of the ice and snow. From the midnight sun where the hot springs flow. How soft your fields so green, can whisper tales of gore, of how we calmed the tides of war. We are your overlords. On we sweep with threshing oar. Our only goal will be the western shore. So now you'd better stop,  and rebuild all your ruins. For peace and trust can win the day despite of all your losing."

This is a well-known song. Seriously.  When I began typing in the band's name in the search, autocomplete offered me this song as an option before I finished typing in the band's name.

Edited by WordWolf

With the first line, I wasn't sure if this was Sister Hazel.  With the second, I could hear the harmonica. 

Few music acts include a harmonica- Bob Dylan,  INXS, the Blues Brothers, Blues Traveler, and anyone featuring John Popper (of Blues Traveler.) 

But anyway, this was "RUN AROUND," by  BLUES TRAVELER.