GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Tune

Raf

I just asked my grandson Cletus(that's his name) and he said" Crimanitlies, Grandpaw!, Of course George should get the next one!" Now where do you 'spose that young 'un ever heard a word like crimanitlies?

Disclaimer-------No one from the Spencer Davis Group was mistreated or injured during the posting of this here post.

Okay GSG... you're up (by order of Judge Cletus (that's his name))

The song was indeed "Gimme Some Lovin'" ... by the Spencer Davis Group, Stevie Winwood on vocals and a hammond C-3 (I believe)... he was also the keyboardist for Traffic and the lead vocal on the aforementioned "Dear Mr Fantasy"...

Ah,yes. Romper Room. Miss Barbara would look through the magic mirror and say" I see Tommy, I see Georgy,-----------"

Actually, I'll accept any cover but the original would be cool.

Here in the afterglow of day,

We keep our redezvous beneath the blue.

Here in the sweet and same old way,

I fall in love again as I did then.

(the intertwining: that's when the clues are related by band members doing different things like Eric Clapton from Yardbirds to Cream to Derek and the Dominoes to Solo... or like having a song by Dave Mason and then a song by Steve Winwood, both from Traffic... or back a few clues ago we followed some Humble Pie, etc)

That would be Proud Mary... by CCR or Tina Turner or maybe Bobby Darin... everybody tried to do that one... but none better than John Forgarty

We can change the world -

Rearrange the world

It's dying - to get better

Politicians sit yourself down,

There's nothing for you here

Won't you please...........

actually you are both right..."Chicago" was first done as a Solo by GN after the 71 (first) break-up of CSN & sometimes Y on his First Solo "Songs for Beginners" (late 71) but was released first on CSN & sometimes Y's "4-way Steet" Live Album in earliy '71.. interTWining the Hollies with its Guitarist Graham Nash in CSNY