GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Honey,I told you not to send mail to my office....

Yeah,where the hell is fellowshipper?...He must think it unprofitable to drop in and let us know he's alive....C'mon shipper,be kind to the people you meet on the way up,'cuz you're gonna meet the same people on the way down....

How's the two Tommies?...TuTuTu strange....

Ohbehad,I'll reply to you the same way I answered a guy who yelled out his car window at me "Most people that you think are deaf are really just faking it!!"...I told him I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that.....

Nika,my youngest boy started his freshman year in high school this past monday....It brought a tear to my eye and a lump to my throat watching my son that's a senior driving him off to high school...My,they grow up so fast...

And my one and only daughter, now every bit of 13 (and those who have daughters who are or have been teens should know what I mean by that... and some of you WERE those kiddos once) started 8th grade on Monday.

None too soon.

Ohbehoove,what did you call me? Simon-sniffs-locust-bottoms?.....

Ummmmm,excat....You left the second "d" out of "Wednesday"....It's blowing it on little details like that could ruin our whole ministry....I'm only pointing that out because I love you with the love of God in the renewed mind in manifestation in the household....Iron sharpeneth iron...

Simonzegrammarbreath,

The proper way to use an elipsis is to use only three dots (dot space dot space dot space), and never more than three. We should allow our words, themselves, to be the emphasis, rather than relying on cheap mechanical tricks to make up for the emphasis which we have not infused into our language.

In the rare case when one ends a sentence with an elipsis, one should use the normal three dots, and then place the period immediately after the elipsis, without a space preceeding the end punctuation, for example: ". . .." or ". . .!" or ". . .?"

I only point this out because I so admire your obvious love for detail.

You're the best, man.

"Be just, and fear not."

Edited by Guest

Nika,.............................................kindly point out the difference to me between a dot and a period...........................................................And don't call me cheap..................................................And I do NOT have epilepsy............................................

"Just be,and fear not...."

Simon,

Take heart… and all us other dot-a-holics… Just never use that word around me… ellipsis… why that word makes me grow 10 feet tall, spiritually! I can’t even draw a circle let alone an ellipse…

Simon, did you happen to notice that Nika misspelt “ellipsis” by spelling it “elipsis”??? Ironic, no…?

(BTW… I intentionally misspelled misspelt so that Nika can take a crack at me!) So my ministry is now on the rocks… but YOURS has been reinstated. You can start accepting abundant sharing again from all you local believers.

WHAT GREAT NEWS I BRING TO YOU… your ministry is still in tact!!

Because of the spelling error in Nika’s post, you are justified in discounting everything that Nika said...(probably for the rest of your life… but I will have to check the dictionary on that one)… you are free to re-marry... not under bondage in any way... divorced from the admonition... your use of excessive dotting is within your liberty in Christ... do not be entangled again with the yoke of spaces between your dots... (they take too much time to type, anyway)... every knows what you mean when you use them... and if not, they get to guess!!!… (once you leave the Way you realize that guessing is encouraged in the real world… it is the secret ingredient used in the process of all strategic planning… for heaven’s sake!)

Need more justification…? The essence of judging good communication is the criterion that people KNOW what you mean... … and those little dots that we all use so much are PERFECT examples of CLEAR communication… they communicate that the writer is weary of trying to forge a sound argument and relies heavily, both on implication… and inference… if you know what I mean… right?...

So pass the horn of plenty with confidence and reap a good harvest from your ministry!

For the record…

(from Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary)

Singular: ellipsis “…” noun [C] Plural: ellipses “…” “…”

Three dots in a printed text which show where one or more words have been intentionally omitted

i love the dots i picked up from simonmetupos....... i am free......

but i find i am betwixt. . . . should i endeavor to be vigilant so as not to be a stumbling block to ilikanika ?

this is like old home week. . . . but where oh where has tuttleboy gone ? and hellodipper and marcia ferris ????

Here am I, send me!!

I received from the Lord's hand a double vacation. Whilst I was away, I learned HOW, with a capital 'H' and all the rest, to connect the DOTS, as a dot matrix printer would do.

Brethren, I count it all joy to hear that, even in my absence, ye all have learned to carry the torch and mantle as ye have learned of me. We have not followed cunningly devised fables, as some might suppose, but are keenly aware that if you add, change or omit even one dot or tuttle from the Word, you no longer have the Word.

Leer not, and be Michael Just ...