GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Rhino, are you starting a winery? If you pick a wine label, will it be traditional or new age?

I can envisage the labels. Reprobate Merlot, for when you want to dine well, but be bad!

Troublemaker Vinyard, Wild Child Wines - I could see Rhino, tooling around the vines in a Simon truck.

:dance:

No winery planned, too many headaches, and while I have made wine, I haven't put much effort into making GOOD wine. I like those label ideas though. :) I would consider a microwinery one day, but more likely I'd just sell the juice.

Cabbage in heaven ... ha .. reminds of that song .. will there be Mogan David in heaven ...

I may sell my 10 acre spot with grapes and a good deer watching/hunting spot ... then move over to the old homeplace. I'll plant more grapes though ... weeeeeeeeee

:offtopic:

Well, it's time for a friendly shout-out to the TWI security personnel whose assignment it is to monitor the 9th Corps thread.

How'd you get such a plum assignment?

Have a cuppa joe and a piece of pie. If I were still in the way, I'd want YOUR job.

I know that you're only still there because you feel it's the best decision for your life.

Please reconsider staying with the way; it's kinda fun out here: the air is fresh, and you can clear your head in a very healthy way.

love, niKa

a hug, too.

Where was Clarita mentioned?? Did I miss it?? Rob & Claritta, bitten Neumer-ous times...

Sorry about the young lad's hand, sexie. But it will repair back to better and stronger.

Here we are surrounded by so great a cloud of winebibbers...

They don't need to tell jokes anymore, they and the joke are one, even as we are one.

Edited by tomtuttle1

Tom Strange we are only 15 hours ahead of your time Dallas time. I don't know about the Rangers or other teams. I do like Aussie Rules Football here as they wear no shoulder pads as our teams do back home and they can punt or throw forward as they play. The phrase here is Aussie rules footy.

I forgot to say Ozzie,Ozzie,Ozzie oi,oi,oi. Just to be politically correct.

I'm staying up most of the night to grade. Spent the day at the Zoo with two first grade classes.

But I have Raisinettes. :dance:

Hey, by the way . . . is it just me, or was there no Spring to speak of this year? Where you live, did it kinda go straight from winter to summer?

We had a few days of 70's, and have been hot ever since. I'm not complaining; I love hot weather. But I predict many (MANY) days in a row of over 100-degree heat during July and August.

It's okay; I can have Global Warming; I'm a Democrat. Does this mean that Republicans still need to wear sweaters? :blink:

:wave:

Edited by notinKansasanymore

Gotup to 68 here and then overcast and now rain and chilly I just love the Victorian falls here in Ozzie land on good Friday. It is federal law that Good Friday on Friday and Mondays Easter that all is off. There wasn't even a grocery store open today. It was like a ghost town in this Suburbs of Melbourne.

The package stores were open for those on a liquid diet of booze or whatever. Priorities, priorities , priorities.

We sat outside and talked while the garden sprinklers ran for 45 minutes. Then, of course, we decided to hoe. (Why we didn't do this when the rows were dry is beyond us.)

Point is, after 45 minutes of watering, the ground was only wet down about half an inch. It's dry down there.

Gonna be an interesting summer season.

:blink:

Happy Easter Weekend, everybody. Love to you all. :wave:

To the Security Personnel responsible for monitoring the 9th Corps Thread, and to Still-In Lurkers:

Happy Easter Weekend, believers! Love to you all. :wave:

You could be out by this time next year, free, and still be bellieving. There are many, many better places to believe than where you are. But I hope that you have a fabulous Easter Weekend, and really enjoy being "wherever you are."

Wow; that was a rambling post.

Sunrise Easter Service, in the park. First time I've been able to get my stepdaughter to go with me to church.

Now, this is a nice Methodist church; they usually have something insightful and intelligent to say, that blesses me spiritually, and makes me think.

This morning, instead of a sermon, they did some kind of metaphysical private-interpretation dramatic reading :sleep1: that seemed like it came from the south end of a horse. :blink:

Sheeeesh. Where did the good old days go, when everybody believed the exact same thing, and nobody complained, and we LIKED IT?

(just kidding. Church was a load of (that bad stuff) this morning, but I'd rather listen to the south end of a horse than go back to the way.)

That's my report from The Real World, where things don't always go as we'd like, and we don't pretend about it.

:spy:

Sheeeesh. Where did the good old days go, when everybody believed the exact same thing, and nobody complained, and we LIKED IT?
Was that from a SNL skit ... AND WE LIKED IT! LOL I'm thinking it was Chris Farley ... maybe part of his "living in a trailer down by the river" skit.

I have a special request that you in tornado alley please keep your tornadoes in YOUR alley. I saw something about all the tornadoes this year and the alley is more like Missouri and Illinois :o instead of Oklahoma. Now I KNOW these are your tornadoes so would you please keep them on a leash?

Edited by rhino