GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

"no worries and no dramas" sounds like heaven. Are there palm trees?

We had an ice storm. The garden is hiding under a raised tarp. I am hiding next to my heater. Mr. niKa was very smug with his 4WD, going to work this morning; there was a solid inch of ice on the road, so clear that he could see the asphalt underneath it.

Now there's snow on top of it all.

Spring is coming.

Hot chocolate, anyone?

:dance:

Spring is coming. Spring is coming. Spring is coming.

there was a solid inch of ice on the road, so clear that he could see the asphalt underneath it.

Now there's snow on top of it all.

In Dallas, only the northern bred could drive on ice. Is OK like that too? :o

After record warm January, we finally got some sub zero temps ... Collecting a little more firewood here ... but the worries are relatively few :dance:

Well life on the farm is kinda laid back

Ain�t much an old country boy like me can't hack ...

LOL ... actually I'm more of a hack at being a country boy ... but I'm a learnin' :spy:

Niki yes we have palm trees in fact I am thinking about putting one in my front yard. The rain forest of fern trees is only 1/2 an hour drive with the port of Phillip bay the same distant and the ocean 3/4 of an hour from here in the suburbs. Yes it is heavon and my wife is my Eve.Geez I luv Aussie land Mr. Niki has been here once. I likee.

Yes, he did a tour with the two teenagers, in between some seminars that he was giving. They went all over, and they even spent three days hiking the Thorstenburg Trail on Hinchenbrook Island, with his oldest buddy, the culprit who got him into climbing. They white-water rafted. He scuba'd. We'd saved up; they bought a didgeridoo, some artwork, and some opals for the diligent wife who stayed home with the little ones, who were too young at the time to hike for three days.

We'll go back, and I'll go then.

Spring is coming.

TommyNoStrangerToLove:

This weather didn't come from me! I'm a warm-weather kid. Sunshine in my heart, y'know? ;)

We can't even sweep the ice and snow from off the tarp that's covering the garden; it's frozen solid. Perhaps we'll take it off in a couple of days, when the balmy breeze will raise the temperature all the way up to 39.

What happened to my friend, Global Warming? :blink:

Edited by notinKansasanymore

What happened to my friend, Global Warming?

I don't know sweetniKa... there was a guy around here named Dale I think... yeah, Dale Neenyo... lessee... it was 85 on Thursday afternoon... I'm guessing we'll be warm again by next Thursday... just take a little space heater out to your plants! :)

Edited by Tom Strange

This is starting to sound like corps night, with the weather reports from all RUT locales...

It was near 80 over the weekend - I was sweatin' working around the house. But when I landed in NC a couple hours ago, it was 35. What a nice, cool relief!!!! Felt good in my golf shirt, but everyone thought I was the oddball. Too bad, so sad ...

Where's Simon Bin Sinnin'???

Tom Tuttle of course it is Corps night. This is always family night here. Brothers don't shake hands we brothers gotta hug.

Hi Johnny Lingo, all's well in Aussie land. I can not believe the summers here as they are quite different from the summers you and I did roof work on in Okie boogie land. I never in my youth realized how hot it was until I got older of the relentless heat I was exposed. I reckon Alaska sure has it's unique coldness.

Niki I haven't had a good bowl of Borsch since the Corps with the Sour Cream and all. I miss my childhood.

Reverend2T's that sounds like a good subject for your teaching/sharing at our next feelowsheep... I (as always) will bring the refreshments...

Sleeper, have you completed your study about which way the water swirls as it exits the toylet?

Peas to all... who's in charge of set up tonight? Will we need an overhead projector or a Betamax?

And umm, by the way, Hi Tom, and NiKa, Rondo and Tom Tuttle. Nice to see you and hear from you. And thank you for making me an honorary ninth Corps bruthah Mr. Tuttle! But most of all I have my Hevenny Father to thank...

And Tom Tuttle, there is a special installment for you concering Rev TJ over at the About The Way Forum. A new Thread entitled "Speaking In Tongues And Interpretation Wars". For you Tom...

Edited by Jonny Lingo

Celebrating Mozart's birthday today. Let's all rock out to a concerto! Yah, DUDE!

Happy Saturday. The sun is shining, the garden survived, there's way too much grading to do, and life is pretty much normal.

Bought some dressy shoes with 4-inch heels yesterday. They make me about 6'1".

Old ladies out of their sensible shoes. Go figure.

No, go Dancing.

i would be blessed to be in charge of flip charts i love the big XXXXXXXX's and little xxxxxxxxxx's please i know EXACTLY when to flip with a mathematical exactness and scientific preceeesion

lovingly,

as he is,

excathankful

You are one funny girl lol ... it was so exciting when we had a video class ... wa hooooo Man, punish us with audio and worn out flip charts if we don't get 12 for the class. What was it for a film class? 20? We had one at good ole U of I once ... weeeee hawwwww, were we ever hot sheeet :dance: Sure glad I didn't spend my time getting a real education and a real career ... "I'm a doulos baby ... why don't you kill me" ... I think that's a song ...

Well, time to clean the tall windows on the south side of Wierwille... hope this cheap lightweight ladder doesn't fold under me, cuz I got no safety line but Jesus ...

the grapes of wrath need a pruning ... post twi, I don't trust leaders or ladders ... I did have a cheap way ladder fold on me at gunnysack, but i only fell 10 feet ...

great weekend ... finally rented a house ... closed a farm ... good news from an outfitter for deerhunting ... and 60's tomorrow .... :dance: corps party at my place next year ... in the non way woods .... a lead like experience ... I'll make a list of camping stuff you need to bring ... you can all hitch up :eusa_clap: , but if you are late you have to hitch home ... :wave: