GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Rhino,

"Father I just wanna thank You for all of the Way Corps, starting with the letter A"....

Oh, you said "silent", sorry.

Rocky,

If that's your picture, I remember you. Thanks for the pointer.

Has any of us ever digitized one of those big 9th Corps photos? I've got a photo paper copy of the whole Corps at Corps Week 1980, but I've always wished I had one of just my Corps. I musta lost mine at HoHo Relo.

Rocky,

How long you been in Snotsdale? I lived in Chandler/Ahwachewkeeee from 87-98. Went to a fellowship at a blonde girl's place up in central Phx. One of the Geer/Standage group.

Fellowsnipper,

I'm pretty sure I ran into you while I lived down there (3 feet above hell). Is that possible?

Rhino,

I can't believe ALL of the wise cracks that can ever be cracked have already been cracked.

Excathedra,

Where's your voice?

Rocky,

How long you been in Snotsdale? I lived in Chandler/Ahwachewkeeee from 87-98. Went to a fellowship at a blonde girl's place up in central Phx. One of the Geer/Standage group.

Fellowsnipper,

I'm pretty sure I ran into you while I lived down there (3 feet above hell). Is that possible?

Rhino,

I can't believe ALL of the wise cracks that can ever be cracked have already been cracked.

Excathedra,

Where's your voice?

John Henry... Well, I was here in the Phoenix area from '68 until I enlisted in the USAF... then back since '82... I owned a house in Chandler from 96-05, sold at the top of the housing boom and moved to a retirement community in South Scottsdale... so, just over 2 years now.

Now, are YOU going to give us any clues as to your identity? :confused:

Years ago, I knew of a 9th corpse sister who lived for a while in Chandler... and one time, I ran into a 9th corpse bro at my daughter's school, at the beginning of the summer day camp stuff... other than that, I have no idea who you could be... and yes, that is my pic I use for an avatar.

Yo, Dudes. My Mom's just been admitted to ICU today. They don't know whether she's septic (A.K.A dying) or not. Sweet Mom is riddled with dementia, and it's pretty hard to know what to pray for. Loosing Dad so suddenly, not so many moons back, was very hard for her. So, I can't ask you to pray for her life to be extended, because the life she's been living for the past three or four months is not really "her" life; it's a shell of her. If she knew who she was, or where she was, I don't think she'd want to be there. Please pray for whatever is best for her to be the outcome. I really don't know whether she has any aware, happy moments left, but if she does, I want her to have them. If not, it may be time.

At least, I think that's what she'd think. This is a bit difficult. It's hard to be sad at a possible impending release from this kind of imprisonment. I wish that things could be the way that they used to be, but those days have been lived, and they were good.

I'm not dancing today. Not in the kitchen, not in the street; not with the cat. Not even to Aretha.

Somebody tell a joke, or something?

Thanks for listening; I love you guys. A week will make all of the difference.

Yo, Dudes. My Mom's just been admitted to ICU today. They don't know whether she's septic (A.K.A dying) or not. Sweet Mom is riddled with dementia, and it's pretty hard to know what to pray for. Loosing Dad so suddenly, not so many moons back, was very hard for her. So, I can't ask you to pray for her life to be extended, because the life she's been living for the past three or four months is not really "her" life; it's a shell of her. If she knew who she was, or where she was, I don't think she'd want to be there. Please pray for whatever is best for her to be the outcome. I really don't know whether she has any aware, happy moments left, but if she does, I want her to have them. If not, it may be time.

At least, I think that's what she'd think. This is a bit difficult. It's hard to be sad at a possible impending release from this kind of imprisonment. I wish that things could be the way that they used to be, but those days have been lived, and they were good.

I'm not dancing today. Not in the kitchen, not in the street; not with the cat. Not even to Aretha.

Somebody tell a joke, or something?

Thanks for listening; I love you guys. A week will make all of the difference.

A priest, a rabbi, and a Baptist preacher walk into a bar....

................ sorry, that's all I got so far (as far as comedy)...

on the other hand..., as our dear friend, the stRanger, likes to say, I'll put in a word with the mothership.

You know that WE love you.

Kansas - My heart goes out to you and your family. I went through similar things with my dad, and it was a sad, difficult and painful time. ((((((((you)))))))) COMFORT&LOVE------>YOU

---------------

Rocky,

Think "auto shop", Emporia and staff for a short time before & after corpse at HQ. Friend of GS, Puffy's inventor/master.

BTW, the girl's name whose fellowship I went to down there was Tracy something. I worked as a mainframe programmer at American Fence in Phx and Axxess Technologies (now Hillman) on Kyrene south of Warner.

Kansas - My heart goes out to you and your family. I went through similar things with my dad, and it was a sad, difficult and painful time. ((((((((you)))))))) COMFORT&LOVE------>YOU

---------------

Rocky,

Think "auto shop", Emporia and staff for a short time before & after corpse at HQ. Friend of GS, Puffy's inventor/master.

BTW, the girl's name whose fellowship I went to down there was Tracy something. I worked as a mainframe programmer at American Fence in Phx and Axxess Technologies (now Hillman) on Kyrene south of Warner.

Were you married while in AZ? If so, to someone who worked for a newspaper for kids? Your clues might have jogged my memory...

Rocky,

Yup. She saw greener grass & divorced me in 95. Sakes alive, you've got a memory for details.

Indeed... well, I also got divorced in 95... and remember toooooooooo many details of THAT. :blink:

Well, good to see you John Henry... be sure to sign up at John Richeson's way corps site...

MomUpdate: She's better! They think it's a more minor infection (well, minor compared to blood sepsis). She may have some good days left. And for a bonus, she had a good day today, and knew us. This is waaaaay better than out cold, unresponsive, and ambulance to the ER, which is what happened yesterday.

Thanks for your prayers and sweet thoughts.

MomUpdate: She's better! They think it's a more minor infection (well, minor compared to blood sepsis). She may have some good days left. And for a bonus, she had a good day today, and knew us. This is waaaaay better than out cold, unresponsive, and ambulance to the ER, which is what happened yesterday.

Thanks for your prayers and sweet thoughts.

:eusa_clap::love3::eusa_clap:

One of my mother's sisters (mom's 74, her sister's on the other side of 80) has Alzheimers... it breaks mom's heart whenever she thinks about her sister... niKa, your descriptions have been vivid. It's likely a good thing to be able to prepare yourself.

Edited by Rocky

I agree. It seems a little callous (sp?), but we need to be emotionally prepared so that this kind of thing doesn't knock us off our feet. I think I remember something about God is able to hold you up. And He is the God of Comfort, after all.

Kansas, just remember that our hearts are with you in this.

OK, I'm going to take the giant leap into JR's site. Has anybody ever heard from people who've jogged into Joggers Motel?

Mr. Strange, Belle, I got a PM from rhino now, so I know who he is, and I guess I've got sz fingered out. But I don't know who you are yet. I'll get a picture on my profile on the other site so's you can ID me and tell me who you are over there. I can't wait.

Ya know, I confess I'm not one of those people who prayed for all their Corps family individually every day. Not sure I prayed much for anybody after I got out. I know, I'm a selfish SOB. But I sure have had a LOT of good thoughts about you all, since then. I miss all (well almost all) my Corps brethren & sistren. A LOT.

I hope that someday we can do something together again. I mean like a GIANT party!

I hope that someday we can do something together again. I mean like a GIANT party!

well... we do have a little gathering in Houston the first weekend in November... check the Texas BBQ thread... if you're close enough.

P.S. take what rhino says with a grain of salt... this time of year he's pretty heavy into the nectar of the grapes (if you know what I mean)

Mr. Henry, I am a mere lurker in these corps threads. :B)

I was spared the corps training, however, my ex was in the 24th corps for a time. I was involved with TWI from 1993 - 2004. Many of y'all were already grown and gone by the time I even came around.

I just enjoy the reminiscing, banter and fun folks who frequent these corps booths here at the cafe. I'm sure y'all are having a blast at John's site with those who do not frequent the cafe. :)

My real picture is in the gallery if you'd like a face to go with the name anyway.

Edited by Belle