GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Yep... DANGIT!

Man, I went from not hearing anything about Mick for so many years to rejoicing that he had a book published and selling well on Amazon, to finding out that no that wasn't him it was his brother? to now this. I'm so sorry that we lost another good one.

I hope one day we can have a 9th corps reunion in heaven.

We'll let Dick DiN*nno and Patty Faye and Lenny and whoever else wants to share for as long as they want.

Man, I went from not hearing anything about Mick for so many years to rejoicing that he had a book published and selling well on Amazon, to finding out that no that wasn't him it was his brother? to now this. I'm so sorry that we lost another good one.

I hope one day we can have a 9th corps reunion in heaven.

We'll let Dick DiN*nno and Patty Faye and Lenny and whoever else wants to share for as long as they want.

And maybe one before that too.... :)

I believe the Way C of Emporia was purchased by the teachers of america association. I wonder if our names are still on the those wooden walls in the dome above Anderson Library or if they white washed the walls.

They(the names) were as of about 10 years ago shipper,I went up and looked around the campus when we were on a road trip... I saw most all of the 9th corpse signatures up there,almost in an alphabetic type order,except my own,and I can't remember for the life of me ever going up there to sign our names---There were still signatures up there from students as far back as like the 1920's so I hope they don't ever whitewash them...

We have had an amazing storm passing through for the past several hours.

It's only raining normally now, but I was out on the porch with a cup of coffee at 4:30 am, and there were extended blasts when the street was white with blowing, hard-driving, sideways rain. Mr. niKa saw the radar; he said that it was a huge circular storm, with a well-defined eye, and a curliecue tail. Norman was, at the moment, just under the curliecue. I'm not saying that we had a hurricane in Oklahoma, but I do think that this is the closest I've ever seen to one. It was amazing.

Do you think that the President believes in Global Warming yet? I saw the racoon (she's nursing pups, and lives under the house next door) hurrying home at about 5:am; she looked like she believed in it, and she did not look pleased. There was a wet-looking skunk hurrying down the street about an hour later, during one of the lulls; looked like he believed in it, too.

We have had an amazing storm passing through for the past several hours.

It's only raining normally now, but I was out on the porch with a cup of coffee at 4:30 am, and there were extended blasts when the street was white with blowing, hard-driving, sideways rain. Mr. niKa saw the radar; he said that it was a huge circular storm, with a well-defined eye, and a curliecue tail. Norman was, at the moment, just under the curliecue. I'm not saying that we had a hurricane in Oklahoma, but I do think that this is the closest I've ever seen to one. It was amazing.

Do you think that the President believes in Global Warming yet? I saw the racoon (she's nursing pups, and lives under the house next door) hurrying home at about 5:am; she looked like she believed in it, and she did not look pleased. There was a wet-looking skunk hurrying down the street about an hour later, during one of the lulls; looked like he believed in it, too.

Had a storm like that pass over my house... in July 2006. :confused: It blew things around on my patio.

Reminds me of the time, when I was just a lad (about 19), had been in the Azores for about 6 months and we got a rain (probably was a hurricane) storm that dropped 8 inches in 2 hours. That was the heaviest I recall, but it often rained sideways there... and many days it was VERY windy, even when the sun was shining.

btw, no skunks or raccoons at my house, though I regularly see rabbits and quail... :)

Edited by Rocky

sweetniKa, that was the remnants of Erin passing through your area... really, I saw it on the news this morning!

we've gotten a few storms from the outer bands of it over the last couple of days... and there was a spectacular light show from it the other night.

I'm on my way (in a couple of hours) back to the keys... I think it's going to be raining there for a couple of days or so cuz of Dean...

see you in a couple of months or so!

wrdsandwks, I haven't seen that photo of us in some time. Wow, all of our WOW brothers and cisterns. Thanks for posting that pic.

You're very welcome. Yeah, I dug it up from the ancient history files.

So who was in your WOW family? I remember Gary L. Who else?

With me was Lisa S. Debbie S. and Kay S.

Kay S was in our Corps why or where was she in Virginia at that time I do not recall. But I became friends with her afterwards. THat is Joe Harmon on my left. Richard from Illinois was in that pic. The rest I can't see well in the picture. I once went and visited Richard and he worked at a brewery and said he could have samples at his break and I thought what a job when I was like 25 years of age. Never heard from him since that time, how sad.

Thank you, Lifted. We appreciate the bump.

Hi, everyone - school has begun again, and I am so busy that I don't know my coming from my going. Life is very exciting, the new students seem nice, and another year is underway. Barely time even to dance in the kitchen, though I will try to manage a shimmy every now and then.

love, niKa

Thank you, Lifted. We appreciate the bump.

Hi, everyone - school has begun again, and I am so busy that I don't know my coming from my going. Life is very exciting, the new students seem nice, and another year is underway. Barely time even to dance in the kitchen, though I will try to manage a shimmy every now and then.

love, niKa

Hope we get to do some dancing at the BBQ! :wave:

My people, eat your heart out. We are starting our Spring here. I am going down to the nursery to get some new tomatoe plants. You are going into fall. How sad!!!

We are not eating our hearts out. We are eating the fruits of our spring labors...oodles of ripening home grown tomatoes. You gotta wait!!!!!!