GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Fellowshipper:

We'd love to see you! It's finals week, so things will be crazy; we have to make sure that we'll be around when you stop by. E-mail me!

Cheers, niKa

Hey fellowshipper... how do (did) you like the heat here in the Valley of the Sun?

niKa... hope you've gotten all your papers graded! :dance:

Hey 9th Corps people. I am here in Tampa with an Englishman from Nashville named DB. We are enjoying a cold Guiness and looking at your funny posts. We are attending our annual neighborhood Kentucky Derby Party on Saturday. DB said to say hi to all of you guys and girls and others. Good memories of all of you and sends his love.

This would'nt be the same DB whose hat I lost on LEAD during the fall of 1979, would it? I referenced this event on the Bruce Powalski friend tracker thread.

BTW,I was waiting to see how long this thread woul mire in 7th place. Over a week without a post.

I'd love to myseestorniKa... but I'm old and can't keep up with you!

Well, I've dropped 83 pounds since SimonZ and me visited in Tucson with Mr and Mrs. niKa and Karmicdebt (in Dec 2004)... so, I sorta feel like dancing anyway! :anim-smile:

:dance::dance::dance:

Wow Rocky, That's great! Congratulations on the weight loss. You must really feel like dancing.

Happy Summer to all!

NotinKansas, Congratulations on the completion of your school year. Enjoy your summer!

Fellowshipper, Hope you're having a great visit stateside.

Summer is close, but it's perfect weather in Illinois today ... 70 degrees and 50% humidity ... of course you California folks get that all the time ...

83 pounds ... WOW Rocky ... congrats ... :eusa_clap: I'm sure your heart and knees are thankful as well. My sis's significant other lost 100 or so, and is getting new knees next week.

I hope you retain all your jolliness though ... :biglaugh:

And happy spring to all you other good folks too.

Summer is close, but it's perfect weather in Illinois today ... 70 degrees and 50% humidity ... of course you California folks get that all the time ...

83 pounds ... WOW Rocky ... congrats ... :eusa_clap: I'm sure your heart and knees are thankful as well. My sis's significant other lost 100 or so, and is getting new knees next week.

I hope you retain all your jolliness though ... :biglaugh:

And happy spring to all you other good folks too.

One of my hopes is that I will never have to undergo knee replacement surgery.... and YES, my knees, ankles and hips are most thankful... and I'm not done either.

It's about time you got that great weather, eh Rhino! Of course, we're into the 100s already... but low 100s with low humidity, no duststorms and little wind is still quite tolerable... then comes July, August and Sept... still thankful however.

And I do okay with my sense of humor... and perhaps a tad less grouchiness these days! :biglaugh:

let's dance.... nika's kitchen or outside ????

hey rocky congrats !!!!!

and to our beatle and igotgout hi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or is that high !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tnks Excie... let's dance both inside and outside! :jump:

and Mr. stRange... I was at that French dept. store today (target, pronounced, tar-zhay)... and thought of you when I saw on sale, home sno-cone machines and the syrups to make them tasty! :anim-smile:

83 pounds? That's FABULOUS!!!!!!

Rocky. As much as you and I have had our "differences" at times, I just gotta say that I am so very proud of you! I once lost 47 pounds doing the "Atkins thing", and the joy I had going from being a "fat blivet" to a trimmed down 195 pounder was just amazing! People were kinder, young ladies smiled at me, and I was "feeling my oats" all over again. Congratulations man, really. I know the discipline that it takes, and, it ain't easy! God bless you Rocky, and I mean that..... :)

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to send a big hug to DB, the fabulous Englishman from Nashville, visiting Florida with our 7th Corps brother, Igotout.

DB was the original Austin Powers of the 9th Corps! I've still got a great picture that Lisa Io--o and I took with him from Sound Out '84. Speaking of the lovely Italian lass, you will all be thrilled to know that she and her husband are due with a baby very soon!!!! And she still is as wonderful as you remember her!

Love,

16 keys

I wanted to send a big hug to DB, the fabulous Englishman from Nashville, visiting Florida with our 7th Corps brother, Igotout.

DB was the original Austin Powers of the 9th Corps! I've still got a great picture that Lisa Io--o and I took with him from Sound Out '84. Speaking of the lovely Italian lass, you will all be thrilled to know that she and her husband are due with a baby very soon!!!! And she still is as wonderful as you remember her!

Love,

16 keys

Hi 16keys,

Welcome to greasespot and this, our 9th corps thread.

Will that be Lisa's first child? Thanks. :)

I wish for you, Lisa and all of our brethren and sisteren from the 9th many, many more happy years. :eusa_clap:

Rocky

I lost 100 pounds once. I was trying to carry four 25 pound sacks of Kentucky Fried Chicken flour up the stairs to the storeroom of the Gino's where I worked during my WOW year in Philly 1978-79. Didn't quite make it.

And I hope DB doesnt ask for his hat back. He and Simon were both at HQ when I had my LEAD experience and lost it.

Speaking of the lovely Italian lass, you will all be thrilled to know that she and her husband are due with a baby very soon!!!! And she still is as wonderful as you remember her!

Love,

16 keys

Wow! that is great news! I am thrilled for her and her husband. Does she still have that beautiful long hair? Please give her our congratulations!

Love,

16 keys

Yeah,back in those days I really wanted to be an Iozzone layer....Lisa's just now pregnant?....Gosh,what patient people her and her hubs are....

Parenting at "advanced maternal age" is not for sissies! It's a good thing that Lisa is so spunky; she'll do just fine. Personally, when my firstborn reaches the age at which I had him, I'll be 80. When my daughter does the same, I'll be 84. It's a good thing that I'm supposed to live to be 98 (knock on wood), if the lifespan calculators are any indication.

If you're interested in such malarky, try the calculator at Eons.com; it's a series of very thought-provoking questions.

Lisa, if you're reading this someday, good luck! You are going to be SUCH a GREAT mom.

love, niKa

Parenting at "advanced maternal age" is not for sissies!

Lisa, if you're reading this someday, good luck! You are going to be SUCH a GREAT mom.

love, niKa

Uh... niKa... it goes likewise for "advanced PATERNAL age"... though the physical challenges aren''t the same, older dads can't be sissies either. :)

btw, 7 days ago, I had my first cataract surgery (right eye). I was amazed at how much brighter EVERYTHING was... and I didn't really have much trouble seeing during the day. But, with serious nighttime glare when driving, and family history (both of my parents had cataract surgery when they were in the early 50s), I was pretty certain I'd need it soon. I'm driving (not at the moment, btw) without glasses or contacts and with the implanted lens, I'm seeing 20/20 in the right eye. I'll just need reading glasses. So, this morning, I got scheduled for the left eye job on next Thursday, June 7. I'm thrilled with how it's turning out.

Oh, yeah... and my best wishes for Lisa and her husband... babies are very cool.

Uh... niKa... it goes likewise for "advanced PATERNAL age"... though the physical challenges aren''t the same, older dads can't be sissies either. :)

btw, 7 days ago, I had my first cataract surgery (right eye). I was amazed at how much brighter EVERYTHING was... and I didn't really have much trouble seeing during the day. But, with serious nighttime glare when driving, and family history (both of my parents had cataract surgery when they were in the early 50s), I was pretty certain I'd need it soon. I'm driving (not at the moment, btw) without glasses or contacts and with the implanted lens, I'm seeing 20/20 in the right eye. I'll just need reading glasses. So, this morning, I got scheduled for the left eye job on next Thursday, June 7. I'm thrilled with how it's turning out.

Oh, yeah... and my best wishes for Lisa and her husband... babies are very cool.

My darling 9th Corps Brothers and Sisters,

Apparently I wasn't as clear as I could have been about my reference to DB in my last post. I referred to him as the 9th Corps Austin Powers, not only because he is an "International Man of the Mystery" , but also because at that top secret meeting at "Sound Out '84" he used his powers for good and had our dear friend Lisa cryogenically frozen. While the rest of us have been beset with the effects of the ravages of time, she has remained the beautiful and exotic "Fembot" that she always was. In other words, she still looks 22!!

Alas, we will have to wait until the return for our new bodies, she still has hers! And yes my darlings, she will be a fantastic mother!!

Love,

16 keys

I'm thinkin' 60 is a good age to become a Dad ... gives me 8 years to grow up ...

40 and 42, good for you Niki ... with drugs and new body parts (like Rocky has) ... you should be there for the great grand kids ... :)

Lisa ... WOW ... what an inspiration ... my nephew will be a dad to Isabella any day now ... saaaalute ...

20/20 already Rocky ... neato ... good for you, and good luck on the left side, will be great to correct that lefty vision ;) ...

Iozzone layer ... ha ha ha :) I'm only sad I spent time on running instead of chatting with Lisa :)

16 keys ... is this a piano player? ok, I know the walking by the spearamint thing, but I did a word study and found keys usually relates to a piano ... and if he hung with db, he is a keyboard dude or dudette ... who would that bee ? But I could be wrong ...

I'm having a 9th corps reunion at the farm in 2010 ... I expect everyone here to show up a week early to clean the grounds and do set up ...