GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

I think it was Allison fern that I hitched to lead with. The other one could do hand signs to the mute which of course, Bob Wyda used to make hand signals only a mute would know that would disgust Sheila.

Allison and I got there very quickly to Tinnie. We were waiting for everyone else to arrive and there was a fridge with free beer in it and was told you are first at it so we indulged not to leave anyone any more drink. Allison while hitchhiking would pull up her pant legs and people would just pick us up. She was something else.

We both had our $20 bucks to return that was provided for vagrancy highway rules. we ate quite well. She knew how to believe for stuff like I never saw in a firecracker.

I don't think Slavit made it all the way through his list, because he never asked me out to anything. I'd remember, seeing as I had a rather large crush on the fellow while we were in residence. It was the brain, and the tallness, and the quirkyness.

It wasn't just Gene; I was interested in a few of the brainy ones.

With my history, it's really no wonder at all that I'm married to a tall, dark, handsome Chemistry professor, who's a bit on the eccentric side!

"Eccentric" is a compliment, right?

Edited by notinKansasanymore

With my history, it's really no wonder at all that I'm married to a tall, dark, handsome Chemistry professor, who's a bit on the eccentric side!

"Eccentric" is a compliment, right?

Who of US would know better than Professor niKa, purveyor of the finest in College English?!

Certainly NOT me... therefore, "eccentric" MUST be a compliment!

:dance:

Whoa there, Fellowshipper! That's a bit more . . . Southern . . . approach than I had in mind. I mean no disrespect to Southerners; you know that I have not a single Yankee in my own heritage . . .

Ah, Tom Strange-in-a-nice-way-not-a-weird-way, point taken.

Have you guys ever heard that song about a broken road? The chorus has a line: "God bless the broken road that led me straight to you." That's how I feel about the convoluted journey of years and events that brought mr.Nika across my path. It couldn't have been written in a book; nobody would have believed it. But somehow, hearts find a way.

Edited by notinKansasanymore

well Lifted Up... that's OK... we just post when we feel like it... and we usually post to each other... as opposed to ourselves... did you know there's a thread in this section where a poster just keeps posting to himself over and over just so's they can keep their thread "up there"???

crazy ain't it?

well Lifted Up... that's OK... we just post when we feel like it... and we usually post to each other... as opposed to ourselves... did you know there's a thread in this section where a poster just keeps posting to himself over and over just so's they can keep their thread "up there"???

crazy ain't it?

"Crazy"!

I can hear Patsy Cline singing about it now... :confused:

Rocky, is it okay that we post to ourselves, so long as we don't answer ourselves?

But if we're all of the one body, does that mean that we've been answering ourselves for all of these pages?

I need the rivers of my understanding to flow together. Please ortho-tomountia my nous.

There are two more weeks of class. I'm grading piles and stacks of stuff. Office hours are overflowing. Doesn't sound much like it, but this is the fun time.

Simon, you are too quiet. Lurkers, the smoking lamp is lit.

Bless Patrol, if you're reading this, you're one lucky duck.

I'm going to stop and fold laundry now; I know that you really wanted to know that . . ..

We need a reunion. Somewhere that has sunshine, waves, decent Mexican food, and a dance floor. Or maybe, just . . . where ever they'll have us.

Every summer, we say that we need a reunion, but we never have one.

Dare you.

Rocky, is it okay that we post to ourselves, so long as we don't answer ourselves?

But if we're all of the one body, does that mean that we've been answering ourselves for all of these pages?

I need the rivers of my understanding to flow together. Please ortho-tomountia my nous.

I thought you already had somebody to ortho-to-mount you! :confused: (sorry, lame sense of humor I have sometimes ;) )

Is it okay to post to ourselves?

Well, in response all I can do is pose this -- how can you be two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all? :biglaugh:

Okay, that's not ALL I can do... I now proclaim that whatever you do, do it with all your might! And have fun doing it! :)

and as for a re-ONION, here in the Valley of the Sun, we meet ALL of your stated criteria... except the waves are artificial.... and it gets pretty doggone hot in the summer... but some of the Northern reaches of AZ are REAL nice in the summer.

someplace centrally located like tx or ok... we could go to that lake that we went to first year!

centrally located based on all those expected to attend sounds good to me... so we could minimize the "carbon footprints" we leave on the trail making our way to and from... ;)

ANYTHING SHE WANTS TO COOK!!! Rocky... anything... it's all very delicious...

...you just have to stay to the side, out of the way, or you'll get knocked over...

Yes sir! Will do! I was just wondering... no call for alarm. Here, have a snow cone, or something... :beer:

Reyoonian?...Who said anything about a reyoonian?...Should we bring our Bibles?...What about corpse notes?...LEAD Boots?...Will seconds be available?...Can we get sponsors,or "spiritual partners" to pay for our air fare?...If so,will we be required to text message them daily about how God is blessing us exceeding abundantly above all that we can ask or think at this reyoonion?...I vote that we have our reyoonion in Truth Or Consequences,New Mexico...