GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Mr.niKa's folks and brothers and alma mater are all in Tucson. And some of his fav climbs, and our fav cave, and some really decent Mexican food, and (oh, yeah!) one of our four kids.

And once we even got to meet with Rocky and Simon and (a truly wonderful woman whose name I cannot say online and whose number I used to have in my cellphone until I stupidly accidentally erased all 237 of my phone book numbers and whose Greasespot handle I cannot remember or find in my old messages and whom I REALLY HOPE PM's me if she reads this so that I can get her number again and call and see how she's been doing.)

Tucson is da bomb.

:dance:

Mr.niKa's folks and brothers and alma mater are all in Tucson. And some of his fav climbs, and our fav cave, and some really decent Mexican food, and (oh, yeah!) one of our four kids.

And once we even got to meet with Rocky and Simon and (a truly wonderful woman whose name I cannot say online and whose number I used to have in my cellphone until I stupidly accidentally erased all 237 of my phone book numbers and whose Greasespot handle I cannot remember or find in my old messages and whom I REALLY HOPE PM's me if she reads this so that I can get her number again and call and see how she's been doing.)

Tucson is da bomb.

Well, I remember her name and sent you a PM.

greensmilies-030.gif

• Upvote 1

Thanks, Rock. I knew her name, but couldn't remember her Greasespot handle. SOO, Mr.niKa and I got to meet for beer and a burger with Simon, Rocky, and KarmicDebt. It was really, really fun.

Lifted Up: it's the beginning of the semester for me; this weekend, I'm taking up the first big essays to grade, so if you folks see me around here for the next few days, it'll be as an avoidance tactic from the stacks of grading. And of course because I love you.

Lifted Up: it's the beginning of the semester for me; this weekend, I'm taking up the first big essays to grade, so if you folks see me around here for the next few days, it'll be as an avoidance tactic from the stacks of grading. And of course because I love you.

I know that last remark was not addressed to me, but to the bunch, but does an alien to this thread get included?

BTW I once had an uncle in Tucson whom I was close to in my Shelby, OH youth. (That's Shelby the town in Richland County). I have been out of touch for years and assume he is not around anymore (He was 80 and healthy in 1994).

Niki, When you accidently erased all 247 notes on your phone, was alchohol involved.

HA! You know me better than that, young man! Do you want me to come all the way down there to give you a piece of my mind???

It was SHEER TECHNOLOGICAL IGNORANCE!! I am an ENGLISH MAJOR, for crying out loud!

I may live in a drinkin' town with a football problem (Norman, Oklahoma, home of the Sooners), but I'm pretty well disciplined where imbibing is concerned. One a day is good for the brain and helps stave off stroke, but I pretty much always stay well inside our old two-drink limit. I'm kind of boring that way.

Edited by notinKansasanymore

• 3 weeks later...

Sigh. It was a bummer to lose by ten points. We got outplayed for the whole second half. It seems to have begun when our leading defense player got injured; things went downhill from there. This kid, they now say, may be out for the season.

Well, it's a good thing that we've already sold our season tickets! They'd be harder to sell this week than they were last month. We probably won't get them again next year; listening to the games on the radio with mr.niKa is fun, and at those ticket prices, it's also rewarding!

• 2 weeks later...
see ya in a couple or three weeks!

Was this thread supposed to stay dormant by law for that long?

Actually, my team might be able to take care of those Longhorns for ya.

Is everyone taking the same vacation? Actually, the reason I came here in the first place was to wonder what happened to Simon, and had to choose between here and the baseball thread to ask (It hasn't been long enough to warrent a "Where the hell is Simon" thread.

Was this thread supposed to stay dormant by law for that long?

Actually, my team might be able to take care of those Longhorns for ya.

Is everyone taking the same vacation? Actually, the reason I came here in the first place was to wonder what happened to Simon, and had to choose between here and the baseball thread to ask (It hasn't been long enough to warrent a "Where the hell is Simon" thread.

I spoke with him the other day... he's alive and well and enjoying the weather now that we're finally no longer getting high temps exceeding 100 degrees (F).

I think the time reference Mr. Strange made was about the Texas BBQ...

Thanks, Lifted! When does your team play the Longhorns?

This is only a driveby posting; it's been too too dang busy today.

I will go now, and be nervous about the presidential election while falling asleep.

Or maybe about the papers I need to have graded and didn't get to grade today.

But I won't worry about the Texas BBQ; that's just going to be FUN.

I will dance on the way across the house, so as to be defiant of the too-busy-ness of the day.

One must remain properly defiant.

:dance::dance:

Thanks, Lifted! When does your team play the Longhorns?

Dunno, I said might. And that would have to be if both made it to the BCS title game.

As long as I'm on a sports topic, you are invited to try to answer my field goal question in the sports forum. It shouldn't be hard!