GreaseSpot Cafe

Three Quarters thru PFAL

WW:

quote:
You took pfal EARLY in your twi "career".

You learned Bible study and research tools after that.

Makes sense if you are running DocVics group I suppose. Get them committed first, then all else will follow.

It might help if DocVic put an index in the back of PFAL too, then you could search by subject. Still, I can understand his lack of enthusiasm about having one.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
Originally posted by WordWolf:

Here's how that worked, Refiner....

You took pfal EARLY in your twi "career".

You learned Bible study and research tools after that.

By that time, you already sat thru it 2-5 times, and are used to just memorizing

and spitting back its contents without critical analysis. Besides, vpw

supposedly knew better than you, so any questioning of him usually was suppressed

by yourself before you took it any further.

As you've seen, there WERE some exceptions here and there.....

Most of us figured it out after we left, tho.

The same happened with JWs. You were given "Bible study aids" to read and study with the person studying with you. Any questions you may have were usually answered with "you'll learn about that later". Eventually, you were convinced that the "Governing Body" (leaders of JWs) had your spiritual interests at heart and knew more than you, so any questions usually halted.

Steve and exy.

Ive got the Blue book on the way, And the (White book?) "New dynamic church".

Now if exy is sending me "Holy Spirit" ..well, Im well grounded.

Exy, I consider it MOST significant that you are sending me the one key book I didnt think to order myself.

VERY significant. icon_eek.gif

Fate?

If my memory serves me right 'The New Dynamic Church' was green and the 'Holy Spirit' book is white.

Gosh that is something after all these years and I still remember the dam colors... icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

House is. I think after Ive read 4 key books I'll have a fair enough grounding in the fundamentals to declare myself an expert.

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Actually i dont think I want to read Martindale.

Ive certainly noticed that few here talk about doctrine under Martindales rule.

I agree you'll have a fair understanding of "twi-1". But having lived with both sets of teachings I can assure you that you'll still only have a partial in VPW's work. Part of the reason several do not speak of LCM's work is because they had left twi prior to them being written. Stomach as much as you can icon_wink.gif;)-->, just keep in mind "twi-2" is not confined to the works of the first, and hasn't been for several years.

quote:
Refiner said: Im not planning on becoming a certifiable world class expert in TWI though. I just want enuff of an understanding so I can fathom what on earth Mike is talking about.

That will happen when they are serving ice water in hell!!

quote:
Step one (concerning Mike): Suspend Logic.

Don't even need to suspend it, just toss it out with the weekly trash, and then sidle up to the "Table of Challenge". icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

Refiner -- for an nbw, you're catching on mighty quickly!! icon_smile.gif:)-->

quote:
Originally posted by Refiner:

The big boys have their own games Exy. icon_cool.gif

Now I was looking for this "TABLE OF CHALLENGE" in the "Mastering" thread, but after 30 pages I gave up, in despair, hope of locating it.

Can someone give me a link??

It's just another one of smikeol's mind games. It doesn't really exist. He keeps promising that he will work on it, but (of course) it never appears.