Hope you'll stay,

Hope you'll not forever go away,

Hope for you, too, the Greasespot Cafe,

Will always be a nice place to play.

party2.gif

Sincerely and hopefully,

rosebar.gif

Def:

I don't argue with your assertion that human life is being devalued, I take exception to your description of atheists in the armed services as an infection. Depsite our disagreements on most issues, I think you can understand why I might find that offensive.

I'm not arguing that atheism is the moral high ground either.

Theism does not guarantee life-affirming morals, nor does atheism by itself result in life-denying ethics.

Atheists are not all in agreement with each other, just as all theists are not, even all Christians are not. Posting what one atheist-humanist thinks does not mean all of them think or feel that way.

By the way...I'm not an atheist.

quote:
No arm (wrist, actually) broken the way mine was, could heal overnight.

I believe there's a God but there's no way he would heal an arm overnight.

I guess your "definition" of God, and mine differ then. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Mine put together the universe in 6 days, and then took a day off. icon_cool.gif

Below is a link to an article that I wrote. It definitely relates to the title of this thread. Enjoy!

http://www.waychrist.com/Lordship_JC.htm

Also for your information Refiner read this article and said he really liked it. Thought it was excellent. People need to understand that there are people, such as Refiner, who don't disagree with the spirit of Jesus Christ. Rather they disagree with the fundamentalist views of many of todays Christian leaders. Frankly, I agree with this assessment. In fact, I too do not agree with many of the so called fundamentalist views of scripture. Some are even based on down right ignorance of what the bible actually teaches. My main point of contention with them is that they seem to have lost the spirit of the teachings and replaced this with a brand of legalism. Furthermore, like in TWI, they seem to think they have a superior knowledge of the scriptures compared to others. Such ignorance should be rather obvious as the bible teaches repeatedly that only the meek will know and understand the spiritual things of God.

Oak

Ok my bad.

All I am saying is that belief systems that become so antagonistic to others scare me.

Whether its TWI, Secular humanism, RCs, Southern Baptists, talk radio, network news, or what. They all give me the creeps.

I support our troops too. But what happened at Abu Ghraib is a taste of what is to come in our own nation. Our men and women are only human after all and if their commanders turn a blind eye or encourage behaviors, the worst will happen.

As the one who ministered healing to Dot Matrix with miraculous results... all I can say with regard to her story is (as far as my involvment goes) that it was exactly as she stated in her opening post. God revealed to me her affliction via the gifts of the Spirit and in the name of Jesus Christ she was healed.

Whether anyone agrees or believes or not really is irrelevant. Dot Knows. I know. And Jesus Christ the true Lord and Savior knows.

quote:
Special love to many of you I have given my e-mail. And a special thanks to Kit Sober who has been a torch of light to so many people who looked for light in the dark abyss in which they found themselves. She has been a pillar of love and faith.

May God bless all of you. I pray that God heal you and you feel his love again.

Dot...

(can't think of good words right now)

Mark