GreaseSpot Cafe

A proPFAL Thread - General Comments

Mike

I dont know if Dmiller is following this thread, so I'll chime in.

Nobody cares how many threads you post in.

They care how many threads you hijack and turn into commercials for your doctrine.

Do I think it was wrong and evil for David to have sinned in each of the steps of

the aforementioned incident? (Adultery, murder...)

Absolutely.

NO ONE has claimed to read anyone's mind here. You're the one who keeps invoking

that strawman, and spinning that straw from your own fiction. They've pointed to

behavior, and actions TAKEN and NOT TAKEN. Conclusions can be drawn from them.

Nobody's claimed to read minds. Saying you "reject all such claims" makes you

sound sooo pious-but nobody's made such claims. You might as well take a

principled stand against claims the Apollo Moon Landings were faked-nobody here

claimed they WERE.

Is David's "transgression" (sins connected with the Bathsheba-Uriah incident)

the same as a career involving molestation, rape and drugging different women

of the congregation over a period of years?

Someone already answered this one.

They answered it here.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WordWolf,

I've seen a number here post that they are sure Dr did not repent, and that was out of fellowship when he taught the Word.

I've also often heard this verbally since 1988.

It's these reports that I had in mind when I posted above: "Many here claim to have inside knowledge of whether a man, in his heart, has restored broken fellowship with the Father."

We don't know anything authoritative about Dr's heart with God. We have some few accounts of his actions, but those reporters ALSO know not the heart of the man, only a few actions.

We DO have authoritative knowledge that Solomon had a sinful "career." God had foreknowledge of this, yet still gave him great wisdom.

We can surmise that David likely had many more unreported sins to jade him up to the level of his reported sins. Human beings just don't go from being tight with God to evil overnight. It's a slow seduction process.

A few do care how many threads I post on.

I also care because the more I post on the more I have to keep track of.

quote:
dmiller,

In order to minimize the number of threads I "derail" and the number I have to keep track of, I'd like to briefly respond to your thread on "Potifar's Wife" in the About the Way forum.

In your thinking about this subject do you have similar ill thoughts toward David and his failure to deal with this temptation? David situation seems to be worse in that not only was he the instigator, but he followed it up with murder.

My thinking about this subject was simply the lack of Potiphar's wife's name, and the implication that the sin was more important than the person who might have been the perpetrator of such.

I never meant to single out one account, and claim that it was representative of all accounts in the bible. This one struck a chord with me -- and I just tossed it out here for general comment.

The subject is obviously much larger than what I posted, and right now -- I am not willing to do a *Word study* on all the mis-haps, etc., that took place, in similar circumstances.

My thoughts are not (were not) ill towards anyone. I was just curious what others thought.

[WordWolf replies in boldface. ]

quote:
Originally posted by Mike:

WordWolf,

I've seen a number here post that they are sure Dr did not repent, and that was out of fellowship when he taught the Word.

[sounds like an extraordinary claim. Did they have extraordinary evidence to back it up? If so, then the ambition of their claim is borne out by reality. You claim your doctrine is correct, even though it's wildly divergent. Therefore, it stands or falls on the basis of the EVIDENCE, not the strangeness of the claim. You did not cite their evidence, so we can't tell if their claims had merit.]

I've also often heard this verbally since 1988.

It's these reports that I had in mind when I posted above: "Many here claim to have inside knowledge of whether a man, in his heart, has restored broken fellowship with the Father."

We don't know anything authoritative about Dr's heart with God. We have some few accounts of his actions, but those reporters ALSO know not the heart of the man, only a few actions.

[Depending on the strength of the evidence, we may know a great deal more than that. You underestimate what can be known of a person without engaging in wild speculation.]

We DO have authoritative knowledge that Solomon had a sinful "career." God had foreknowledge of this, yet still gave him great wisdom.

[This is worth discussing, and defining what qualifies as a "sinful career". Of course, a serial killer is a worse sinner than a compulsive adulterer...]

We can surmise that David likely had many more unreported sins to jade him up to the level of his reported sins.

[Wierwille would have called this "private interpretation". Most people would call it "wild speculation." ]

Human beings just don't go from being tight with God to evil overnight. It's a slow seduction process.

[so, you can tell from here that David didnt just resist lustful thoughts until now, and this was the first transgressive act? You can tell all that all by yourself?]

A few do care how many threads I post on.

I also care because the more I post on the more I have to keep track of.

[You choose to participate in discussions of your choice. If you choose too many, that is your choice. You can always choose to post on fewer. It's not fair of you to expect us to come to you for your views on the various threads. You don't get "elite status". ]

def59,

Yes, I did get out. I'm single and never had children, so I can both post a lot and still get out a lot. On Friday I read a brain science essay of mine at an "open mic" poetry meeting with a lot of young Bohemian types. It's like a time travel adventure for me to be with them, going back to a world I left in 1970. On Saturday night I was with some of the same crowd and others in a hippie crash pad living room for three hours. There were seven musicians playing very loud Rock music and four audience members (I was one) enjoying the blast. I was very surprised the next morning that I could still hear.

Because of my self-unemployed status I can make it a "weekend" anytime of the week, pretty well.

How about you? Do you have immediate family?

I've noticed that oldiesman also takes off for the weekends. Do you do most of your posting from work or something?