GreaseSpot Cafe

The World Series Thread

mstar1

quote:
OK which of you nuts wants to watch the World Series? Get your hands up. Up-....Up.....raise your hand Chief, raise your hand, Chief just raise your hand---remember baseball Chief? its the World Frikkin Series for God Sake...

Randall P McMurphy

One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest

Ok so Im a fanatic and I have an emotional stake in this that some of you dont (like 86 years of frustration) but its the World Series for God Sake-is anyone with me? Fight against Nurse Ratchett and get those hands up!

This should be a good one, and one for the ages-something that you may want to tell your grandchildren or just witness....

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not textbook, not pretty, I'll take a 1-0 lead though...a lot of pitchers used which sort of worries me, especially since the Sox dropped one from the roster and it is along series ahead....Ifeel very lucky to win this game -it almost feels like aloss, after blowing the lead.....Millar left about 9 men on base and committed a stupid throwing error...Manny .. oy... I dont ever expect to give an offensive juggernaut like St Louis 4 extra outs and win...

and I hope there are no after effects to Cabrera (did he get hit in the face?)...Cornrows Arroyo was alright except for his throwing error......well all in all I'll take it but wont expect to win another one like this, I'll call it a gift.

I'll try the radio deal Simon -I am sort of in the middle of nowhere so radio is a tough go, I'd prefer any announcers that actually describe what actually is happening in the game and provide information instead of self prescribed experts like MacCrackhead who think that they can forego describing and instead critique (90% of the time wrong), provide stupid oneline 'insights' over and over , and miss vital aspects of the game..Fox coverage does its best to suck the life right out of the game [/end rant]

Sorry about that had to get that out of my system, I am pretty tired of all these meaningless flashbacks, stupid effects, air announcers and little focus on the game at hand......

O yea 1-0

I'll keep it

I guess that he is a one in a million guy icon_smile.gif:)-->, more likely that he is the leadoff guy that sets the stage for their offence, and so it screws em all up if he is gone.

He seems pretty fragile (easy for me to say I didnt take arocket shot off of my collarbone).

Did you notice Steven Tyler screwed up the Star Spangled Banner?

First of many Boston errors -gotta love these idiots

Tyler's looking old....What they meant about not replacing Womack is that the World Series rosters are set...If a player gets hurt in the series,like Womack,the Cards cannot call up a player from the minors to take his place,or make a fast trade with another team or sign a free agent to take his place...You can do all those things during the regular season,but not in the playoffs..

Thats a novel idea trading in between games of the World Series, surprised Steinbrenner hadnt thought of that in years past.

Three to go then I'll never have a reason to bitch again

quote:
The number is three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two (yet), excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy fastballs, breaking stuff and curveballs towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Brother Maynard

Monty Python and The Holy Grail

III

Three

from dan wetzel, yahoo sports

quote:
"I mean, you can't understand unless you are in that clubhouse," Schilling said. "I care more about these guys than anybody I've ever played with."

Even when they let him down in the field, Schilling, like everyone else, shrugged it off. After Bill Mueller committed his World Series record-tying third error of the game, no one would have blamed Schilling if he became the first pitcher to throw a brush-back pitch at his own third baseman.

Instead he told Mueller everything would be OK.

"I wanted to get out of that inning and make it all right for him as much as possible," Schilling said.

That's the simple difference between these Red Sox and all the Boston teams that failed to win the World Series over the years.

It is a strange group playing the game a strange way, but the togetherness on the squad is like nothing else. They can beat themselves and still win games going away.

Heading back to its home park for games starting Tuesday, St. Louis needs to find a solution for that.

It won't be easy.

i love these guys

sniff

Go Sox!

I'll say here what I've said before:

The Sox had better win: if they went through the trouble of humiliating my Yankees the way they did, only to LOSE the World Series, I'll be more ticked off than ANY Bosox fan.

Not taking anything away from St. Louis,but I hope the Series is a four game sweep...Normally,I'd be rooting for the Cards now because I'm a die-hard NL fan...But in some ways this year for Boston reminds me of 'The Miracle on Ice',when the U.S. Hockey team beat Russia..The U.S. still had to beat Finland or Sweden or one of those countries,to win the Gold Medal...But that final game was quite anti-climatic compared to beating the Russians...As good as St. Louis is,they may simply be chosen by fate to be Boston's final stepping stone to their 'Miracle on the Diamond' season...Besides,I don't know if the Boston fans could handle another suspenseful seven game drama..