GreaseSpot Cafe

NHL Hockey

Hills Bro

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Exxie,

I don't have kids but I can imagine this could be traumatic for kids that love the sport of hockey.

I grew up in a town outside of San Francisco and Berkeley.......we had one ice rink, with hours for hockey and "figures." My folks were instructed by our orthopedic to send me to figure skating lessons...by then I had like 4 broken ankles, and a few other incidental, sprains, strains, fractures and mystery pains. I spent hours watching kids like your boy playing hockey. Even where there is no ice, no freezing temps, there are kids that want to play hocky.

May your your boy find his dream....on some...on WHATEVER level he needs to...I am there with him......like the wierd aunt he has never met.....but would spill her guts to make him happy.

ror

Yes, nice hootage indeed.

But getting back to the game for a moment.

Ya think maybe the players have all taken one too many pucks to the head? This has got to be the dumbest career move in recent memory.

Maybe when they get their new jobs, clerking at the 7-11, they'll have enough time to think over what's really negotiable in their contract.

What a bunch of blockheads, players and owners both...

Yea, I figure I saved a few bucks. No hockey means me no spend money on hockey tickets. As poor as I have been lately that is a good thing. Instead I bought a few books on E-bay that I can learn biblical Greek from. Aren't I a good boy? Or as an old girl friend used to tell me. I was a good boy.

When I was asleep.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I never ever ever can get my husband a GOOD gift, I mean one he brags about,on the golf course. Men have it so much easier, a piece of jewlery, a new outfit we're happy. How many bathrobes and ties can one guy own?

So come last yeat I decied this is it the year of THE GIFT, I'm getting them don't care how much they cost he deserves it, center line tickets, for the New Jersy Devils, heck I'm such a good wife I'm getting him two to every game, so he can take a buddy, not only that I'm splurching on reserve parking. I even ordered NHL on cable so he could watch away games

The tickets come late summer and I get out the hanukah wrapping paper and make up some latkes and with the boys present this amazingly wonderful gift to my husband...

He is thrilled, but confused asks me if I ever watch the news, "Of course not honey"I reply coyly(still thinking I've done something really good)"Why I ask?" He then informs me of the impending strike that the experts are predicting may shut down hockey for good. He picks up the envelope shakes his head and throws it in the desk.

I do not give up..I call the Devils, I yell at them, insist that they get on that ice! I have tickets! It actually got to the point, that the gentlman in charge of season tickets wouldn't take my calls.

The season was cancelled, they replaced the NHL chanel with golf, and I had a brown envelope worth nothing.

No good gift for Jeff, but he does talk about it on the golf course, as he laughs and laughs with his friends, cause I was such a silly bunny, to buy these tickets.

Well, I'm sure your wondering why I bring this up now, yesterday I recieved a credit for the hockey tickets, the parking and 2% intrest on the money I had paid. As I walked into the kitchen the phone rang my wonderful hubby picked it up, and it was a golf buddy, organizing his tee time, but the "boys" couldn't resist one more crack at Sharon's perfect gift.

I put the check in my purse and on Monday, myself and 3 girlfriends will head off to Short Hills, for massages and facials, I think I'll head to Bloomie's and get new shoes(I did earn 2% intrest), and as I pass the tie rack I'll pick up Jeff's, Father's Day gift. 3_5_1v.gif

You know a girl can never be to prepared.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...