GreaseSpot Cafe

The Pope is Gone (formerly last rites thread)

Raf

4/2/05

I just woke up from a nap and learned that the Pope has died.

This was a man who was a powerful force for good in the world, who connected with people and did his best to promote peace for all mankind. While I do not agree with all his doctrine, his huge and tender heart impressed me greatly. He did more good in the world than most.

Rest in peace, may God bless you.

WG

He was an amazing man and had an influence on the world and its leaders like no other. I am glad he is no longer suffering and wish I'd taken the time to know more about him - from what little I have learned about him, he seems to have been someone who loved life to the fullest and had a great heart for helping people on any level that he served God's people on.

After reading what chasufarley, watered garden and waterbuffalo have posted after the Pope's passing, I am encouraged that we exway people have progressed on our spiritual journey to the point that we can honor humanity, compassion and desire for justice without subjecting them to a dogmatic acid test.

Requiescat in pace, Pater.

quote:
I am encouraged that we exway people have progressed on our spiritual journey to the point that we can honor humanity, compassion and desire for justice without subjecting them to a dogmatic acid test.

Robin -- yes. We are finally learning to follow the second greatest commandment by loving our neighbors as ourselves, regardless of the "dogma". icon_smile.gif:)-->

yes, I used to think of the Pope as the devil incarnate. But listening to everything that he has accomplished and how much people loved him, it is a fascinating learning experience. I too wish I had followed more of his life.

He just sounded like an all around good man. I can't say I agree with the doctrine, but I can only judge for me. The numbers are astonishing though. 1.1 billion catholics world wide.

I am glad the waybrain is giving way to more open thinking.