GreaseSpot Cafe

Michigan Still in Shock!

Just Found Out

Hey, Anyone remember me? Bertrand...Robert Belmont Bertrand. My dad really did it to me this time! 12 years of it an most of my entire belief system came from twi/vpw. I even passed on full scholarship (WMU) to enroll at Emporia to (become an evengelist for twi) play soccer at the college level. An angel Herb Ramage saved me and now at 38 I am Mr. Mom and freaked out about everything that I have grown up to know as the truth. I quess i should go to cofession...

RB

Oh yah, I was 9 when my dad and I cleaned the carpet at Rome City in the chappel. Mrs. Weirwille just couldn't believe a 9 year old could have such an adult attitude!

Thus my lifetime punishment...growing old too soon!

Thank You,

vpw, martindale, dubowsky, lynn, townsend, cox, brown, reheard, way corp, wow's ( many of them were pretty cool and looking for something)

not allowing our family into "Family Corp 3", Herb Ramage and the Angel!

Talk to me!

Rb

Rob

Good to hear your out. We knew each other in Kalamazoo in the 70s and 80s. I was in your mom and dad's twig at Bee Clean. Remember that pic of you in the Way mag behind JPW and VPW at the ROA? I was on the other side of the platform.

JRP.

wave.gif:wave:-->

I do so remember that twig at Bee Clean. My mom and dad are divorced now, go figure. I think he must have bought into the adultry thing. I still can't believe some of the stuff I am finding out! I was so proud to be in the magazine at the time...When did you figure out the "Big Scam"?

RB

Hi There-I may know you as well...was a wow-Lived w/ R*b & Den*se L*ouden-then Sid & C*ss Helmus-Did you date a girl named Cindy? Can't recall last name now-I'm 40 and the memory goes...I remember your folks well lovely people sorry to hear of the divorce. Shock is the correct first response, I'm guessing! When I first found greasespot I stayed awake all night and confirmed all my "guesses"- Welcome to Greasespot...although I'm not the Offical Greeter...

Ms. Florist:

Thanks for the welcome! I am doing great, just a little dismaid about all of this. I still thank God for my soccer coach that talked me into scholarship soccer and College versus my enrollment into Way College at Emporia. i very well could have been one of "those leaders".

BTW, I have married my high school sweetheart from K-Christian High. 23 years together now. I think the guy you are remembering is Da* Po**.

( I still don't understand the *** thing) He and Cindy (Cid and Cass' Nanny) were engaged but never married. he is still one of my best friends although with these developments he may have to choose between my pop's and I. Haven't talked to B*b in over 3 years/two children later icon_confused.gif:confused:--> I tuly believe he believes the adultry thing taught and practiced by so many of those supposed leaders!

I am OK though so thanks for chatting. My mom is doing great and Bee Clean is alive and well!

God Bless..

RB

Ah Ha! I apologize-yes I do recall you more clearly now-Oops Oops ! I do remember that you and Dan where buddies-I musta gotten confused because didn't he also do home cleaning restoration etc? I remember being in awe over a wood floor that he helped someone refinish-Seriously I'm goofy I have no idea why that has stayed in the brain and nothing else important like oh names made the trip! Glad to hear you are well- and Just in case Pass along a Hello to your Mom & Dan for me!(Andrea-annoyingly perky young wow in 85-stayed in MI til 88)

PS I read about the *** thing-Just in case someone not friendly or in search of a lawsuit or something googles a name the "***" keeps it from being linked. Given the rants on the site at times, perhaps it's best...and By the way, My spouse is Mr. Mom too!

Can any of you help answer some questions for me?

Rob and Denise.....in? out? still married? Know how to reach them?

Sid and Cass.....in? out? still married? Know how to reach them?

btw....Mark Sanguinetti was a kick foot soccer player back in the day! wink2.gif;)--> If we ever have an all gspot reunion...love to see you all out there!!!

ror

For what it's worth..Helmus plumbing did the contracting on my last house (through the builder)so I think they are still local Kazoo. Rob & Denise, I was in college 84-89 so I missed a lot of this and just wen on with my life believing all of it still. In fact sometimes a little old and "preachy" to my pals. Now I find out...they were all right it was!

God bless,

RBB

M-I left Kazoo in 84 to play at Olivet, played with TNT treveling around Midwest then just local over thirties and indoor. Too many broken bones so now I Ref. HS and College Men's and Womens. Keeps the MO going without getting hurt. I just don't "Hit the Back" as often!

You?

RBB

I never got caught up in Skate Boarding...mostly because the boards were quite a bit smaller and I fell horribly coming down a huge hill. My back was pizza and my mom was picking stones out for a week. I was only 10 ish so it was a big deal. I did throw a frisbee and drink Mountain Dew in the Park though!

RBB

Rob and Denise went WOW to Bloominton/Normal Illinois in 94/95. I was in the Peoria Twig, which was later disolved. Rob and Denise had stayed to run the Bloomington Twig and we joined with them. Not much longer after that, Chr**tp*er and Je**ica W*lson was married and re-assigned to Bloomington, but Rob and Denise stayed there. I moved to Chicago in 97 and I know they were still there in 98. I did a people search and it had them still in Il. in 2001. After that, I dunno.

• 5 months later...

Technically, Rob and Denise didn't go WOW to IL. They were kicked out of Michigan, along with all the other BCs, by Allan Licht in 94 and demoted to TC. Allan didn't think the BCs in Michigan were supporting him so he replaced them all.

94 was the year the WOW program was $hit-canned by Craig at the last moment. I was in that group and also knew Rob and Denise. They were not doing the WOW thing, just being forced to sell their house and move into a rental in the fine city of Bloomington -- surrounded by completely flat farm land that stretches forever. At least he was able to hold on to his job and work remotely.

Last saw them at some TWIt event, probably 2000, and they were still "in."

Greasy - it would seem there is a good possibility we know each other. I was active in TWI in Michigan during the time frame you mentioned. I had NO idea the Lichts sent away all the Michigan leadership though - I just thougt it was ours local leaders who were shipped off to Siberia.