GreaseSpot Cafe

My goals and mission...and inconsistancies!

signals

It's been brought to my attention that my postings and comments don't add up. Upon review I find this to be true, and I thank the poster for bringing it to my attention. I am not going to come up with excuses about this, or argue with those who think I'm lying. Fine, I'm lying, so be it. Either way, please let me know about inconsistancies. Not because I'll come up with some excuse, but because it will help me put my life back together in those dark years.

I've posted to My Story some inconsistancies or lies I found. My goal is to put my Way years back together. Sure I get mixed up at times, but it comes together.

Again, regardless of what you think about me or my stories, PLEASE let me know. I'm not going to justify the inconsistancies, but rather create a timeline. It's not about what you think of me as much as me finding closure and solving a puzzle of those years.

I'm hated by many, I know this to be true here too. But I'm not trying to deceive you as much as piecing that part of my life.

I know I claimed I was in TWI for 5 years or more. Upon reflection and certain time marks I've recently reflected and had my brain rattled my tenure in TWI was from April '77 to Spring/Summer of 1980.

Other inconsistancies will follow at the original posts. Please keep in mind that I am not justifying the inconsistancies but rather putting them together in my own life. If you consider me a liar or am up to something, I am not going to change your opinion. But please let me know inconsistancies, and be brutal if you must.

I can't repeat this enough: It's about ME putting my life back together moreso than excusing inconsistancies. I didn't come here to make friends or influence people. Been there done that!

My mission is to share my life experiences in hope they help someone in some way. If you agree with just one sentance of my many postings, then mission accomplished!

quote:
I've posted to My Story some inconsistancies or lies I found. My goal is to put my Way years back together. Sure I get mixed up at times, but it comes together.

Hey there signals -- I get mixed up about things that happened 20 odd years ago too. Easy to do, and it just proves a couple points:

1) It means you haven't been dwelling on all that happened to you in twi for all these years >>> re-hashing and re-living every event that took place, who was there, etc., etc., to the point where you could recite exact dates, locations, and that other *good stuff*.

2) It also (Bullinger) means that while you have the *unscratched itch* about twi and what happened to you and your life personally, you've moved on and haven't let twi totally ruin your life.

I was at pfal 77, advanced class 79, heartbeat festivals, sound out 84, L.E.A.D., many roa's, etc., etc., etc., and while some incidents stick out in my mind, I'll be durned if I can remember exactly what happened at each and every event.

Nor do I try to, but more often than not, someone here will say something that jogs my memory enough so I see that something I thought to have happened at one event, actually happened at a different one -- thus inconsistancy on my part.

I haven't thought about twi much at all over the years, nor do I these days -- but I do somewhat now, when reading here -- and try to put the pieces together, just like you -- inconsistancies and all. icon_smile.gif:)-->

quote:
My mission is to share my life experiences in hope they help someone in some way. If you agree with just one sentence of my many postings, then mission accomplished!

AMEN!

David

Yeah, dig it signals what dmiller said.

I claim a life span of TWInty years dating '75>95,

but the reality is

I heard of those WOW's in '73

and

'97 was the last of my dealings with TWI.

'75>95 were my most involved years.

and

within those years

there were times i was not physically present

but

by media material.

Been a loooooooooooooooooooooooong strange trip all those years

and l wave.gif:wave:--> wave.gif:wave:--> ky hear

here i am

icon_cool.gif

if all there is in life is not to question,

but to do-

then who holds the questions?

and who has the answers?

author unknown

quote:
heartbeat festivals

For eg signals

I'll be damned dmiller, heartbeat festivals eh!!! I was at one in Atlanta in '79 i thinks. All I know is I was at one. Even still have the colorfull folder somewhere. Blue boarder ~~~ oh well a fleeting memory now~~~

I was at a Word In Business.

Just purchased the Lifelines.

Was on an elevator.

Rev Dubofsky in the elevator making jokes.

Exited the elevator.

Mrs. W. there.

Had her sign my copy Lifelines.

Rev D. escourted her from there.

I know Mrs. W signed the book (i still have it), but was Rev. D there?

hmmm

quote:
I'm hated by many, I know this to be true here too

Signals, please put me on the not list. Other than me, I think you have many more friends here than you may think.

Besides, hams really listen to signals.

"My mission is to share my life experiences in hope they help someone in some way. If you agree with just one sentance of my many postings, then mission accomplished!"

"I remember one night Craig coming on stage just to warn people that they were aware of the pot smoking and that it wasn't welcomed there and blah blah blah...I felt I could use a joint just about now! Too bad I was high on the Word...yeah, the word tired! Hey, it's 1979 not 1977!"

Signal,

Oh such laughter.

reminds me of the time I first met Dr.

Now mind you there were many a happening before this coveted event which is many a story.

But to this one story concerning "POT"~~~

Dr had just exited some coach, all i know it was between '76 & '79.

Some whatever function. We met him with signs and hoopla.

I walked into the hotel where the book store was set up. Asked God to meet Dr. I'm looking over the book store displays, pick up a book and open and felt a hand placed on one my shoulders and a gentle squeeze.

I looked to that side and yepper it was DR.

His eyes watery and as red as sunset~~

a little drift of booze~~~

I had some book in my hand

"Nice display of books son" , well that was the gist but he did call me "son"~~~

I said, " Yes Sir."

my heart was a thumping

we talked about all of 2 3 minutes, that book still in my hand and his hand still on my shoulder

and he patted my shoulder and left with "Enjoy son."

My heart was thumping because I thought he knew about the two joints I had in my cig pack.

All i could think was gotta make this short~~~

I missed a golden opportunity to actually just sit down with that red eyed creature and lite one up with him.

I exited and smoked one and saved the other another time.

wow what a memory

Song

icon_cool.gif

ps signal~~~ now that i look back on that event and Dr's hand on my shoulder that whole time~~~ i think now he was actually feeling/reading the pulse of my heart beat~~~ hmmm

Thanks for all the responses, and the help. I did forget most events and people, but my connection was with certain of the teachings that I believed were accurate, so although I had no physical and emotional connection there was a spiritual. I haven't searched or looked up TWI in all that time. Even with a computer, TWI was farthest from my mind. Less than a month ago I started searching, and heard about Weirwill. From there it was like a Pandora's box!

I don't think I ever gave up the idea that I still needed to find God and the truth. And since talking to a Rev. friend of mine that I worked with the past couple of years, we always exchanged scriptures. Somehow he knew I was seeking God but was ill informed. You know how it is when others try to prove things through scriptures to us, we come up with they're twisting, changing, misquoting, deleting, etc. to come up with their interpretation. Can't they say the same about us? So I'm trying it and slowly but surely I'm seeing it the other way. Weirwill's death was the proof that I was wrong(this is just me)!

I'm serious about inconsistencies, I need to know them. I'm starting to use events markers, the way motorist use mile markers on a highway.

One such marker is that I was definitely out of TWI in August of 1980. The reason is for a tragedy that happen on September 25, 1980. John Bonham died and Led Zeppelin had announced a concert in my area in November(around August), that I had made plans to attend.

Thanks again!

All the best with your 'mission' signals.My postings are not a mission as such nor a wanting to gossip, but rather, hopefully a warning for people involved or thinking to get involved (especially in N. Z. and/or Australia)with TWI in these countries.As I said before, the country co-ord. is a BASKET CASE, A VIOLENT man and an ADULTERER and ENCOURAGES this style of behavior in his 'followers'.