vpw connection to nazi party?

mell

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
Originally posted by Galen:

Immediately after this last return stateside, I was surprized each time I heard someone saying that they were proud of being an Italian... the fact that anyone of them will sale their wife, mother, sister or daughter to you for a pack of Marlboros.

Man...that just...sits there...like a duck

It wasn't so much that Wierwille shouldn't have been proud of his heritage, but that in general we were all encouraged to not dwell on our own heritage.

Reject your parents and grandparents, but have to see that stupid Wierwille family tree all over at Gunnison.

quote:
Originally posted by Oakspear:
Man...that just...sits there...like a duck

Yes ???

Meaning that people frequently are very 'proud' of their heritage, even when in honesty very little could ever be found to brag about their culture.

But you knew that.

;-)

Hi-

Yes- The article was titled Going My Way

and I will re-read it , along with the other links that Sharon mentioned. It would be Sue Martin then that made that statement, and, at this point there is no real verification;just a comment that went with the slant of the article.

I wish to clarify that I didn't mean to insinuate that just because of German Ancestry that vpw or anyone else would be connected to the Nazi party. no, no, no. I am sorry if I offended anyone.

mell

Thanks for the correction Trefor. That was from imperfect memory.

Interesting that kampf and jihad are translated the same way, isn't it?

As I see it, Wierwille's jihad was Wierwille over the World. Everything else was window dressing. Hitler's Nazi party was also, by all appearances, nothing but a vehicle for his own pathological ego.

quote:
Just because he was a deceiving, cheating, lying, plagerising, egomaniac, delusional, pompous, idiotic, worthless bag of .... . . . that doesn't make him a nazi.

Now now, don't give him too many compliments, heh heh.

But the same thing could be said of Loy: he may have been a swastika kissing, high goose-stepping, unfaithful, overbearing, abusive, lily livered and hateful bag of dung, but at least he was not a slovenly housekeeper.

Jihad, or struggle, has a double meaning in Arabic and the Islamic religion.

The first and most common usage is in regard to the internal struggle against evil in a person's own life. The closest thing to relate it to in Christianity is Romans 7:15ff.

The Sixth Tenet in TRUE Islam has to do with this usage, the person's continued internal struggle to overcome evil.

The second meaning is most misused, is in regards to Holy War which is waged against those who are enemies of Islam.

This interpretation of the word jihad has been perverted by an extreme right wing cult (the Wahhabi of Saudi Arabia) that has hijacked the True Islamic religion and is trying to overthrow the more moderate sects, destroy their teachings, and whose goal is world conquest.

The Qu'ran (holy or otherwise lol) itself refers to jihad.

But in the context of those who do not follow Islam it encourages tolerance and respect. It has indeed been perverted but not by the Wahhabi royal family of Saudi Arabia (although they allow perversions in the way Islamic law is interpreted).

Those who call for jihad, such as Bin Ladn, would be equally happy to see them brought down as the USA.

Muslim intolerance for other Muslims is often greater than Muslim intolerance for Christians.

Very true. Bin Laden despises the Saudi royals and views them as pigs.

The true religion is a tolerant one. Unfortunately, the worst of the worst gets the best of the press, and the religion itself is in crisis as the Wahhabi systematically are taking it over.

Catcup:

This may be the case in Saudi Arabia, I don't really know. Of course they control access to the holiest sites, especially of Mecca.

Islam too has its "catholic" and "protestant" factions such as sunni and shia and whereas a large degree of ecumenism has now been achieved on the christian side, this if far from the case on theirs.

Clever manipulators have seen that a way to unite them is through hatred of non muslims and unfortunately sometimes their task has been made easier by thoughtless actions.

True Islam is anything but tolerant, as evidenced by Mohammed's evangelistic style of coversion by the sword.

Saudi Arabia is one of the most brutal forms of Islam in that they kill Arab Christians and hold weekly executions.

Saudi Arabia is the stronghold of the Wahhabi sect. The examples you give of executions are typical of Wahhabi.

The conversions you speak of are not unlike the conversions Christians forced on Moslems and Jews in a similar time period.

True Islam is more tolerant of Christians than right wing radical Christians are of Islam. If your information comes from right wing radical Christianity, it is skewed.

Now-- re-rail: How 'bout them Nazis?