GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI Gives to Charity???

Belle

Dmiller,

Back in the 1980s when I was working for a commercial mortgage broker, I too was asked by my employer if I would contribute to the United Way. My company was known to be a huge benefactor to that organization. It was a donation that would automatically be deducted by the payroll department out of each check. Every employee did this as a matter of course, a small donation out of every paycheck, and it was tax deductible.

Because of TWI's teaching that such gifts were a counterfeit, a waste of money, and because

LCM ranted that it WAS ROBBING GOD TO GIVE IT TO SOMEONE OTHER THAN THE WAY INTERNATIONAL,

I told my employer I refused to give to the United Way, because all of my donations already went to a "specific charity."

Now, if TWI's policy was that I was

"FREE TO GIVE WHAT EVER AND WHERE EVER I PLEASED,"

Where did I ever get such an idea?

Come on, Rico, be honest for ONCE in your f*king life! You sat in the same damn meetings I DID!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Rico, The Way International and Loy Craig Martindale taught on Corps Night (The same Corps Nights you and I both attended) that

GIVING MONEY TO ANY OTHER ORGANIZATION THAN THE WAY INTERNATIONAL WAS ROBBING GOD!

Now how does that square up with your claim that Way Followers

"HAVE ALWAYS BEEN FREE TO GIVE WHATEVER AND WHERE EVER THEY WANTED?"

Honestly, Rico, answer that question.

Harvey sent word here once to GreaseSpotCafe.

WHATSA MATTA YOU RICO? AREN'T YOU FREE TO SPEAK TO WHOMEVER AND WHEREVER YOU WANT?

quote:
Originally posted by Catcup:

Yes, Rico, The Way International and Loy Craig Martindale taught on Corps Night (The same Corps Nights you and I both attended) that

GIVING MONEY TO ANY OTHER ORGANIZATION THAN THE WAY INTERNATIONAL WAS ROBBING GOD!

Yes to give to any other place was robbing God Ricco. I heard it too more than once. twi is not only thinks they are the best steward for your money but for your brain and your life. To give your money to other places was of the devil because the "other places" were run by the devil.

I remember the teachings in the corps. Telling us not to watch the news that the leadership would tell us what we needed to know in the outside world. They owned us Rico, head to toe and they stopped half way down at your wallet.

The innies that I'm in contact with haven't heard the announcement....unless it was made at a meeting that they missed, it wasn't announced ministry-wide.

Tsk, tsk, tsk.....Rico, you should know that TWIts are getting smarter and the only ones who blindly follow the TWIt b.s. any more are those with no money or those counting on living off the bank account of TWIt itself.

You're a smart man, Rico. Do something worthwhile with your life before you're too old. It's not too late to change. You can't possibly be happy eating **** every day and lying for those who pay your bills. Can you?? Maybe I've over-estimated you, but I've always thought you were one of the few there with a real heart and brain. Quit paying attention to the monster behind the curtain.

Yeah! What Catcup said!!

I sat in those corps meetings.......and martindale was livid on any believer giving to "second rate causes" and "welfare charities." YES......YOU WERE ROBBING GOD TO GIVE TO ANYONE OTHER THAN THE ONE TRUE HOUSEHOLD OF THE WAY SPEWTH.

And, why does twi have to be "the middle man" in giving to this tsunami relief??? For the appearance of compassion and concern?? Sheeesh.

Or.....why not just make a STS announcement stating that "if you'd like to send to the tsunami relief effort, please do so at your own discretion and forego sending in your abs for a week or two.!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

It is SO OBVIOUS that twi tries to manipulate the people with such pseudo-benevolence.

AS EACH YEAR PASSES......I'm so thankful I walked away from the cornfield cult!

skyrider

quote:
They probably sent in 25.00.

Lorna -- if twi gave one nickel to anyone -- they would milk it for $100.00 worth of PR for themselves -- and that's the fact, Jack.

Just think of the 39 grand (or so) that they spent on that Terry Bradshaw commercial (was that a year ago already!?!?), and all they hoped to gain from that fiasco. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

David

quote:
Dmiller,

Back in the 1980s when I was working for a commercial mortgage broker, I too was asked by my employer if I would contribute to the United Way. My company was known to be a huge benefactor to that organization. It was a donation that would automatically be deducted by the payroll department out of each check. Every employee did this as a matter of course, a small donation out of every paycheck, and it was tax deductible.

Because of TWI's teaching that such gifts were a counterfeit, a waste of money, and because

LCM ranted that it WAS ROBBING GOD TO GIVE IT TO SOMEONE OTHER THAN THE WAY INTERNATIONAL,

Catcup -- exactly. It was the United Way that I also (Bullinger) was asked to give to, as was my (then) wife. I refused to give to United Way (on the grounds that you mentioned), yet my ex had more cojones than I did when standing up to leadership here -- telling them to their face that it was her money, and she would give to whomever she damn well pleased!!

icon_cool.gificon_eek.gificon_cool.gif

I adopted that mind-set later on, and always wish I had done so earlier like she did. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

David

quote:
If they actually did give anything it might have been a dollar just to say they did for whatever PR they wanted that no one has heard about... icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

Vickles -- I agree. I also agree with whoever said it first here, that by their (twi as a corporation) giving to the tsunami *relief fund*, that headquarters is saying they are doing all they can/could -- so keep on giving to twi, and WE (twi) will continue to be proper stewards of your bucks.

Yea -- right. mad.gif

David

Someone mentioned that they would use it as a tax deduction, but they are tax exempt and as such, don't pay taxes, right? I'm cornfused. icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

And why give to that fund and not others? Are there any Way Disciples in that area? Are there even any fellowships in that area? Why not give to the charities that help with domestic crisis? You know, hurricanes, mud slides, wildfires....things that actually affect their own??

More specifically, why not help their own? Why not spend that money paying for Mrs. W's care? Why not pay for Bernita Jess's medical bills? Why not provide a REAL and honest retirement plan for their own employees? Why not supplement the income of the wc on the field who stupidly work their patooties off for them for free???

The most ironic part of the whole thing is that TWI's attitude about second-rate charities is right, in the case of the Tsunami Relief Funds.

There was SOOO much money given, and no way to get money and supplies to those that it was intended for.

A huge percentage of the money went to make a lot of politicians in that area really rich.

The Tsunami Relief Funds were much more abused than the Christian Children's Fund (you know the one, with a teary Sally Struthers crying "please help the chidren!"). Only 10% of the money that goes to the CCF actually gets to needy children. The rest goes to "administrative costs".

quote:
A huge percentage of the money went to make a lot of politicians in that area really rich.

I agree.. but when I dropped a little cash in the drawer, I was comforted that at least a LITTLE of it was going to do some good for somebody.

Can't say that about what I gave to Da Vey. Oh, forgot. Once ole doc used a little of it to repopulate the Ohio countryside with rabbits after a real rough winter killed them off.

It did help to build a rather large building that I am no longer welcome in, and likely never will be again. Can't see what good that did.. they still need an army of slaves to keep the sucker up and running.

Even if two cents out of every dollar goes directly to disaster relief, its sure an improvement over what TWI did with my money.

From what I see, local organizations have a better track record. There is an abused child support organization in our city, where very little funds go to administrative costs.

Just one more thought..

TWI gives to charity, but sadly neglects its own- yep, I am thinking about Mrs. Wierwille.

Lets see- they are willing to contribute funds, in any amount to help "the ungodly" (by their definition) and practically turn their backs on their most faithful supporter.

I can hear Loy screaming at the top of his lungs.

I wonder how all of the mini-mogs are taking this in..

Their own logic and reasoning condemns them.

My opinion- they probably think they are better off NOT announcing it. Definitely would cause more problems and unrest than that which they would be attempting to remedy.

They'd have to back-pedal on half of the policies they have held on to for the last thirty or so years.

quote:
WHATSA MATTA YOU RICO? AREN'T YOU FREE TO SPEAK TO WHOMEVER AND WHEREVER YOU WANT?

Catcup, the silence is almost deafening here.

They made one "mistake" with ole Harve, not likely to do it again..

It must be hell to be the chief speaker in an organization that can't afford to make a public statement. They are so convoluted that anything they would have to say is wrong, heh heh.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Hammeroni:

TWI gives to charity, but sadly neglects its own- yep, I am thinking about Mrs. Wierwille.

Lets see- they are willing to contribute funds, in any amount to help "the ungodly" (by their definition) and practically turn their backs on their most faithful supporter.

Their own logic and reasoning condemns them.

I agree wholeheartedly, Mr. H! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Why give to that fund and not others? Are there any Way Disciples in that area? Are there even any fellowships in that area? Why not give to the charities that help with domestic crisis? You know, hurricanes, mud slides, wildfires....things that actually affect their own??

More specifically, why not help their own? Why not spend that money paying for Mrs. W's care? Why not pay for Bernita Jess's medical bills? Why not provide a REAL and honest retirement plan for their own employees? Why not supplement the income of the wc on the field who stupidly work their patooties off for them for free???

Ham-

I agree... why is Rico so hesitant to answer questions here, when Harvey Platig did it?

Why? Isn't he proud that his mean-i-stry gave to such a worthy cause?

Or is he embarassed to have to explain all the decades of previous doctrine this supposed action contradicts?

Or is it he really CANNOT speak to whomever he wants, whenever he wants, wherever he wants?

Rico--

Are you FREE

Or are you BOUND lock stock and barrel by an organization that has you so fearful of speaking out lest you lose your job?

I must have stirred up a hornets nest inside TWI on this issue that someone from within TWI brought up on GSC. Now I have an innie calling me regarding my recent participation on this site wanting to ask me questions about the Corrodi thread...

Yeah, I knew it.

She DOES own your balls.

And everyone else's inside that cult.

Yep.

Why not wake up, get up out of your rabbit hole, and confront us internet "knuckleheads" with the logic of YOUR (emphasis- not God's) WORD?

Assume that I'm a gainsayer, and assuming you have the truth, CONVINCE me.

Think "prevailing"! Surely you can prevail in a little open debate- note I did not say an open letter, like good ole harve-on-the-end-of-a short-chain delivered for his mistress..

And it better be logical.

I can only think of two logical reasons I can think of why you wouldn't:

1. You know you are wrong.

2. You're a coward.

Still want to work for ole Rosie? I'd rather have a job shoveling manure somewhere..

Hamms, c'mon, you know better than that.

Think back to your way daze. Anytime anyone challenged YOU to a debate, you rationalized that it was not worth your time because the other person wasn't about to change his or her mind, and there was no profit in it unless the debatee would end up believing The WordTM.

He ain't coming.

Steve!- actually, I was nuts enough to try to take somebody on even when I was full of ..... Like a bull and a red flag I guess..

But I agree - he's not coming, ever.

No balls, no valiant for "the truth", nothing there- LITTLE truth.

Gads. He'd lose a debate trying to justify why TWI can give money to a charity NOW. They are so convuluted on just one little issue that you could screw them in the ground, heh heh.

Yep, so much for the "Prevailing Household" in this "Decade of The Prevailing Word" or some such nonsense.

The ONLY place the honchos at TWI can "prevail" is over the minds of the people whom they hold captive via FEAR.

They know that the moment they or their followers allow their minds outside the nine dots of nonsense they have been deceived into believing is the truth, they are absolutely defeated.

The BOD prevail over the Corps, the Corps prevail over the peons, and the peons are used and abused.

quote:
Rico Magnelli, public relations coordinator for The Way International, said that the Way’s policy is to keep people fully informed.

"Anyone that has ever been involved in our ministry honestly knows that we explain decisions involving our ministry from A to Z, from soup to nuts, to our followers. This has been the pattern since 1942 from the founding board of trustees clear through to the current trustees and leadership body. We want people to be fully informed because we understand people, no matter who they are, have to make up their own minds," Magnelli stated.

Source of Quote

Just another string of lies coming from TWI and Rico....They don't want people informed! That's why they don't want them on GSpot and that's why they won't make their financial books public and that's why they won't tell their followers about the $39,000 they spent to be "Pick of the Week" and that's why they won't respond here. They lie about people being able to make up their own minds and make their own choices. They lie by omission and what's even more sickening is that they still sleep at night knowing the judgements they are going to have to face one day.

They lie and withhold information from people and then when we complain, ask questions or leave, we are called possessed. I'd say we're possessed.....possessed with the brains to withhold our money and get out of that purely evil organization!