GreaseSpot Cafe

Leadership Changes at TWI

Belle

Johnny, you just may be right, there! Harvey has been reading GSpot on a regular basis and if there was any shred of humanity and respect for God left in his little black heart, he very well could have come to his senses and asked to have less responsibility while he plots his next move.

He certainly wouldn't be the first person to do that. The wc who came to my area a few years ago did just that....asked to be taken OFF TWI's payroll. They wanted to get "worldly" jobs and to start living like "normal" people with 401Ks, a permanent home, a nice car, a life....

It only took a couple of years for them to continue moving toward the door to freedom. It was a very rough couple of years and they learned some really tough lessons in the process, but they made it through the rude awakening and are better off for it. They still believe all the things my ex said about me and think I'm courting major five star general devil spirits, but you can't expect them to drop all their TWIt brain right away, can you? wink2.gif;)-->

Harvey could be thinking about his future and contemplating how he could have become so cold, heartless and legalistic. He could be finally more scared about having to answer to God for his actions than having to answer to rosie and donna. It could happen! (said in my best Judy Tenuta voice)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a WOW in Harvey's area when he got in the Word. I'd go over and play guitar with him and jam. We were friends until I left staff in '84.

I've heard he was terrible in later years, but, he truly was one of the nicest, kindest, giving people I ever met in TWI in the earlier years, before his rise to the "top."

I think if anyone's eyes would be opened from reading GS, it would be his. I never thought he was of the same ilk, or cloth, as VP, CG, RR, etc. I have a feeling he may be planning a getaway, or at least away from H.Q. Working with RR would probably be an eye opener for anyone, no matter how "committed" they thought they were to TWI.

Is JR still on staff? He was another kind, gentle soul. If he's not, good for him!

Johnny, this is for you. I knew Harve in Memphis and I can say that I thought VERY highly of him and Peggy. He gave me advise once that was Godly. I took the advise and my life has been better for it. Thanks, Harve.

I will always have good memories of Harve. I went to his birthday party at a hotel where a twigite was performing. I have pix. May try to find them & post them.

Harve, this is for you. I believe that you had a true heart for God once.

Walk away from your cult like I did in 1994.

My life has been extremely gratifying and prosperous and joyful since then, and it can be for you.

Do it for your family.

WELCOME, RAILROADER!!!

Thanks for the information!!! Sorry I missed your post. When Raf gets back in town I'm sure he'll be by with a cuppa coffee for ya.

I'd give you one but I don't know how to post 'em. icon_smile.gif:)-->

I remember having the impression of a hardened, plastic brief case slowly forming around Harvey's heart. This was the early 80's. When the process was completed, he became "Harve." I could see determination in his face, ambition in his eyes. "Set like flint." It happened to plenty of others, too.

How'd it happen? Who cast the spell? Pat "dragon-lady" Lynn may have served him up some of her special brew during all the "quality time" they seemed to spend together, but I'm sure it's more complicated than that.

Well, if Harve requested a demotion, I would imagine RR et al have seen the pattern others made when requestion similar positions. Keeping him in Ohio and at HQ would make it harder for him to make the next step for the door. It could be an assignment to keep him at arms length.

I wonder how many other wc asked to step down in their level of responsibility and how many asked to be taken off TWI's payroll.

Maybe expanding the regions is rosie and donna's way of keeping their thumb on some people by feeding their ego...."see you're a big bad region coordinator now".

But really.. it would be FAR less embarrassing for them if they chose some representatives that have at least a LITTLE education. RECENT corps graduates need not apply.

Could it really be: anybody with any kind of education or reputation would not take the job even if they were starving and living on the street?

Maybe that's why they are "letting" people go back to school now.

It is equally likely that Harve decided to step down and stay in Ohio, close to HQ because he has a very bright daughter who will be a senior at NK High School next year.

His daughter is a friend of my daughter's, who graduated this year and is heading for Yale this fall. My Jasmine is an excellent judge of character, extremely choosy about who she considers a friend or no. Jaz told me recently that Harve's daughter was in the process of choosing a college (which to get into a big school is at least a two year process) and she had asked her opinion, seeing as Jaz had been through the whole shabang.

Jaz said she suggested that Harve's daughter come join her at Yale next year. That statement alone said a LOT to me about Harve's daughter, who I've come to know as a really great kid. She is really a top level kid, who reflects excellent parenting by people who could be described as some have spoken of Harve & Pegge.

IMO it would be a BIG, HUGE, SELFISH mistake for a parent to intentionally move their child with a bright college future to a different school between their junior & senior year.

That ALONE would cause me to stay in the area, even if I had no job. You cannot get into a major college without strong, written recommendationSSS from teachers who know you. Besides NK school is a fine school one of the best in Ohio. There are issues of class rank, GPA, and lots of other stuff that has a direct impact on what colleges contact you and which ones actually INVITE you to apply, what kinds of deals they do or don't offer. To move your child between Jr. and senior year is could deal a death blow to your chances to get into the "top" schools.

I hope and trust that Harve knows how much of a process it it to get your kid into a top school. I don't see his daughter getting any athletic scholarship offers but she is a shoe-in for all kinds of academic honors. Jasmine & I worked for her entire four years of High school to have her be a competetive student for top tier colleges. Her class rank was #1. She carefully chose a variety of activities that she enjoyed, got her test scores high, etc. Every major college in the country contacted her, including the military academies.

Towards the end top schools started waving application fees (some upwards of $80 just to APPLY) non -refundable if you don't get in. Then the offers came, X amount of dollars towards tuition... full tuition... scholarships, etc.

Getting into college can be a MAJOR process that for us included trips to presentations, wading through about 100 pounds of college literature.

I would be willing to guess that Harve made some decisions in light of his daughter's future.

I always kid my Children about them being my retirement plan. Its called 501 JKSBA !

Not to mention it has long been twi's M.O. to surround HQ with what they consider to be their "best" leaders. Stepping down from from director (is that what they call it these days?) level to run the limb & region of Ohio is, in twi's view, a spiritually parallel move.

I know when I looked specifically forward at the bill for college it made em make to career decisions. We've estimated it will cost over $200k to send Jasmine to school.

These are major considerations probably on Harve's plate.

Mic**l Ada*s is very, very good friends with Jo*n Rey**lds, likewise, with Je*n Yv*s de Li**e.

Rhy* Mil**r if he is still co-ordinating U.K. is a 'Kiwi' who is very much under the thumb of Mic**l Ada*s, likewise, Pe**r Caw**on who co-ordinates Australia.

A bit of method in their madness me thinks !

As a side note, Mic**l Ada*s 'hates' the States, I will guarentee he baulked at leaving his beautiful home and car behind not to mention the concubine(s).

HCW, if indeed Harvey is making decisions based on what's "best" for his child then it's a step in the right direction considering most TWIts don't give a rip about how their continuous moving and relocating affects their kids. Harvey has probably also come to terms with the fact that TWI does not want to shell out big bucks for some ridiculous college degree when the wc training program is really all anyone needs in life. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> I hope you're right.

Allan, that's very interesting information!

Mice*l Ad@ms must need to be "watched" or on the fox's #2 stuff list for them to bring him to the states. I'm sure all the horrible things posted by people with direct knowledge and experience with him have nothing to do with the reassignment. Unless he thinks he's got a shot at living the high life and climbing further up the fox's *ss.

Since the Moneyhands are going to the UK, Rhy* Mill*r may or may not be continuing to coordinat the UK. Although the announcement said that the Moneyhands were going to be "ambassadors" - who knows what that means.....

Maybe Rosie's going to let Mice*l Ad@ms bring his concubines with him if he promises to share. wink2.gif;)-->

quote:
Unless he thinks he's got a shot at living the high life and climbing further up the fox's *ss.

Belle, I can just imagine the first staff meeting he would "enjoy"..

"and if you think you are EVER gonna take over, just know that I've crapped out men TWICE your size.."