GreaseSpot Cafe

Am I the only one?

Tumbleweed Kid

When I was in residence, one of my fellow corps told me that don wierwille's car got broken into while shopping in ft. wayne. oh the condemnation that would have been available to one of us if that had happen to a corps person. I bet that would have been reason to dropped one of us from the corps if it happened to us. Tell me someone else knew of this event please.

TK,

Yes, I heard about this.

But very few know about this one...... I was at the Sunday teaching in 1982/83 where Don W. was the teacher and Walter C. the emcee.......about 40 minutes into the service, the fire alarm went off! This predated the Auditorium -- and the sunday services were held in the OSC dining room.

Well, everyone was evacuated and the Safety guys ran to the OSC grid to see what quadrant of the building the fire was located. It was in the Bookstore/Warehouse area and when several of us ran out to the bookstore shelving, up on the top rack a small fire was ablaze.

Lo and behold, it took about 3 minutes and the Safety guys found out who started the fire. The cover-up was immediate, but several of us found it amusing and ironic in light of the two men at the podium that night.

The two young boys who started the fire......Rxlphie Wierwille and Bxbby Cxmmins.

Too funny.

quote:
When I was in residence, one of my fellow corps told me that don wierwille's car got broken into while shopping in ft. wayne. oh the condemnation that would have been available to one of us if that had happen to a corps person.

Yep -- it surely isn't very hard to figure out the consequences that would have fallen on a *regular joe believer* for *lack of believing*, or whatever. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

quote:
Originally posted by skyrider:

Lo and behold, it took about 3 minutes and the Safety guys found out who started the fire. The cover-up was immediate, but several of us found it amusing and ironic in light of the two men at the podium that night.

The two young boys who started the fire......Rxlphie Wierwille and Bxbby Cxmmins.

And if it had been any one else's kids, the yelling and spittle directed at the

parents would have torn off the roof. They would have been blamed for not

leading their family, and exhorted to cut off communications with the kids, maybe

put them in foster care.....

(That advice WAS given to some parents.)

Pity, isn't it Lindy? People give up so much for a stupid group.

It hurts at first when you're in and someone you really care about gets kicked out or leaves, but it starts happening so frequently that you get numb to it. You no longer get really close to people - you can't anyway - if they knew what you really thought, they'd rat you out. Then since you've hardened yourself and gotten that protective wall up, when people leave you just think of it as one more weak link removed from the chain....

It must be really lonely to be in TWI right now.

and what about those that didn't get a class together on Lightbearers???? Oh my???