GreaseSpot Cafe

Visit to the way.com

My3Cents

I went to the way's website today just for grins. So many big things to say about how boring, old fashioned, unattractive etc. But I thought I'd share some little things that strike me odd for a group who says they are built on accuracy.

Under "What's New" they have a little article for each month with mostly scripture quotes. I didn't realize scripture was NEW.

Under "Current Year" you can download a video called Sprining Forth at The Way. It's a slide show set to music (not really a video - no moving images) of pretty nature scenes at way-world. And it's from LAST YEAR. Guess spring is always the same there.

And it was weird that there were no people in it, just flowers, trees, grass and buildings.

Of course there's no people.

They'd have to edit it when the people in the video leave.

Further, they're worried at hq about anyone getting even the slightest

reputation-they might threaten to topple the current powers-that-be.

This is sometimes called "tall poppy syndrome."

And, since they don't know who will be leaving (or M & A) from day to day, they wouldn't want to have anyone in their permanent photo collection who might be considered "possessed" or an "old wineskin".

Or simply, a future embarrassment to "the ministry".

Or, maybe this is just a weird foretelling of the future population at HQ - None!

Well, it takes people who know what they're doing to maintain a website and they probably have limited resources in that area.

And WW, that's so true about the pictures. I wanted to do a photo album for our fellowship and was "given permission" to do so. BUT once I started it, I started getting all kinds of rules I had to follow:

- Must put every person's first & last name in a caption under the picture

- Must tell the date and event in the caption

- Must remove any pictures of people who are "no longer standing"

- Must remove any pictures of people who were just visiting because they were witnessed to but never took the class and stayed around

You get the idea.....I quit the album. It was too much work and no fun by that time. I don't do all those things for my own photo albums and it was an album FOR the fellowship, NOT a witnessing tool.

Maybe that's why they don't have any pictures of people. Too much work to keep it updated with people dropping like flies.