GreaseSpot Cafe

The Belizian "problem"

Ham

Its funny in a way, TWI has made quite a "stink" over their precious copyrights and such the last few years..

When it comes to Belize, they are QUIET. Quiet as a church mouse, I wonder why?

Could it be that they are not as "prevailing" as they once thought?

Perhaps someone found a weakness in the armor?

You just GOTTA know that this had to be one of the agenda items prior to the new board and assignments. I admit, it would have been fun to see rosies fat and veins bulging profusely, and sweat running down between her ears, because they are so close together (Spike Jones, forgive me)..

Had to have been pretty ugly. They don't pay those poor guys enough..

So what to DO?

1. Send a group of high-class lawyers on a really nice trip to try to prevail against impossible odds. I'm sure this was discussed at length.

2. After sending them, try to recover the losses. They could always market PFAL themselves, at two-thirds the price the Belizian people are. But they would have to explain to the innies why they are offering admitted "old wineskins" to the world. Sure they could come up with something.. since they supposedly consider all options, this had to be included in discussions, I am sure.

3. Or they could always do the customary alternative, shut their da*n mouths, bend over, and take it. And don't let the innies have a clue about it. Only those who lurk here will know where you can get the class. If I was just a lurker, this is the last thing I would ask about at the next household fellowship..

Yep. Well, you know they seem to be fighting a war on many fronts.

But you know, the Belizian "problem" is a matter of PRIDE. They have LOST CONTROL of PFAL, old music video and tape publications, in short, THE WORKS.

I imagine the BBRC could publish all of the old classes, including doc vic's advanced classes, WITH IMPUNITY.

I do not claim to be any kind of legal expert or anything, but I looked over Belizian copyright law. Under their law, the copyright holds only if whatever material in question is CURRENTLY published, and in a SUFFICIENT AMOUNT for the market. TWI loses on all counts. At least that is the way I understood the wording.

Considering they would go to the grave, clutching their precious copyrights, this has just got to hurt.

Don't get me wrong about the Belizian BRC people though. I imagine their motives are pure, they just think its the right thing to get old doc's theology out there again.

Agree with the classes or not, I say peace be with them..

The ironic part of this all is, the Belizean folk are likely to be hauling in trash bag fulls of cashola out of a product that TWI ABANDONED. I wonder how much TWI raked in last year through classes?

I bet they didn't hit ten percent of what BBRC took in.

There are likely to be thousands of old grads that would buy a copy- but wouldn't have a copy of WAP if you begged them to take it.

Its gotta sting, at least a little bit.

Gotta sting for sure, Ham!

Remember that a few years ago they cleaned out their library and gave free copies of the PFAL book to anyone and everyone who wanted them.

Not only are they not publishing anything PFAL related, they gave away what they did have.

Yep. And what they do have left is not exactly marketable, it still has ole loys autograph on it, for crying out loud.. you'd think they could learn something by now.

But think of it.. these people at least are doing something good with it. Building and maintaining a school, looks like they are helping with health issues there..

Must chafe the crap out of TWI. Something they wouldn't do, not in a million years.

"Duuuuh, we're just supposed to give them DA VERD, and nothing but Da VERD"..

If BBRC is putting out the old PFAL class, could they have gotten some of the books and other materials that were already printed that were handed away free?? icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

It would have saved them a BIG bundle if they did on printing costs to get the materials to go with the class.

quote:
But think of it.. these people at least are doing something good with it. Building and maintaining a school, looks like they are helping with health issues there..

Must chafe the crap out of TWI. Something they wouldn't do, not in a million years.

"Duuuuh, we're just supposed to give them DA VERD, and nothing but Da VERD"..

You got that right, Ham! TWI just says, "go be warmed" (Just believe God for it). They don't bend an arm to help anyone and sure as heck wouldn't be "inconvenienced" by doing labor (gasp!) to help those idiots who wouldn't be in that position if they had been believing God in the first place. Sheesh!

Yep. Well, another day has passed, and who knows how many bricks and how much medicine or whatever PFAL has purchased for someone who needs it..

I can almost see poor old rosie now.. "Grrrrrrr, kids were made to be EATEN..."

"Donna, Donna! Where did you put the cauldron???"

• 2 years later...

Just bringing it to the top.. somebody posted on another thread about how they can now buy vey materials without jumping through hoops.

What happened to the "problem" here?

did der vey decide that abandoned material should be miraculously unabandoned?

Whatever happened to the Belezian group?

Anybody know?

This nothing really. I don't have lots of facts or details, but...

I had a friend who was a doctor. This man knew some folks in Belize that we having money problems. They asked him to help finance some land in Belize so they could develop it into a vacation spot.

He bought the land. They ran the business and gave him a cut. The doctor and his bride also got to stay there for free.

Like I said, nothing much. It's just the way the room changed when Belize got mentioned.

Edited by doojable

Just bringing it to the top.. somebody posted on another thread about how they can now buy vey materials without jumping through hoops.

What happened to the "problem" here?

did der vey decide that abandoned material should be miraculously unabandoned?

Whatever happened to the Belezian group?

Anybody know?

They are still around they bought this bookstore last year that was in CA

EB

Edited by WhiteDove

Sure. I'll take a polo poney, a bicycle, a ..

:biglaugh:

hey, I hear it's a nice, economical, warm vacation spot..

I have a QSL card from a ham who went vacationing there. They call these little ventures "DXpeditions". Between swimming, sailing, etc., they give out a kazillion contacts on the radio from exotic locations.

hmm. What's noticeably absent though, is pfal on DVD. No more old sns either..

I seem to remember them selling intermediate and advanced stuff too..

I don't know that all of their inventory is listed on the site. The paper catalog is different, they bought the site and inventory from Dolores , and more or less has what she carried. I'm sure it is till a work in progress............. The SNS MPS's are available from Here ThatYouMayKnowOrderForm.pdf