Movie Pictionary

Raf

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have tried and tried to put a pic here guys ......... I think Iam just too computer illiterate to do it.

I don't know what a thumbnail is ...... although I got to selection of being able refresh my thumbnail. I even put picks in my own pics on my desktop.

Sorry guys ....... I need real help

Digi

Thumbnails are the small pictures that are really links to larger versions of the pictures. If you go to Yahoo! and click the word "Images" (right below the Yahoo! header) and then type in a word or phrase in the "Seach Images" line (remember to use quotes or parentheses to enter a phrase) and click "Yahoo! Search." a number of small pictures (thumbnails) will appear. (These appear in pages of 20. If there are more than 20 pictures, you can move from page to page by clicking the appropriate number -- or "Next" -- at the bottom.)

When you click on a thumbnail, a new page will appear with the thumbnail at the top, and a copy of the original web page, with the full-sized picture, at the bottom. To post the (full-size) picture in this forum, right-click the thumbnail at the top of the page and then click "Properties." There will be a line that says "Address (URL)." Copy the URL (from http/ to .jpg). (I select it and then hit Ctrl-C. You can also select it, right-click and then click Copy.) Return to this forum (which is why I find it easier to keep two windows open, one at Greasespot and one at Yahoo!) and click the little icon at the top of the window (I'm assuming you already hit "Reply" to open a window) that looks like a tree. A box will appear with a "Script Prompt." Type Ctrl-V to paste the picture's URL in the box, and then click "OK" (or just hit enter). A copy of the URL will appear surrounded by . Your first picture is in place. Hit enter to move the cursor to the next line, and repeat the process for your next picture.

When you're done, click "Preview Post" to make sure it looks the way you want it to. A common mistake is to forget to click the tree icon before pasting a URL. In that case, you'll see the URL written out, but no picture. If you've done it right, click Add Reply and see who figures out your puzzle. I'm looking forward to your first one!

George

Oh St. George darling you are so patient with me ........ If I wan't married already to my wonderful husband I'd ask you out on a date LOL. You are so sweet.

Its 3:40pm my time in Alaska. I have to cook dinner for husband then I am going to get on here and try it one more time. Hubby helped me with a great movie idea and I really want to put it on here.

Thanks to you to Raf for being patient and anyone else.

Digi

Well have you done, young Paduan. Strong in you, the force is.

I don't see the answer immediately, so I'll give it some thought.

George

PS: Large pictures are fine. When you get the page of thumbnails on Yahoo!, each one has a size in pixels listed under it. I try to pick ones in about a 200x200 range, but sometimes there just aren't good pictures in that size.

OK, wasn't sure about the rules.

What Dreams My Come?

Rick

I presume that was "May" Come. I hope you're right. I haven't seen the film, but it's a good set of clues!

And this isn't the Nostalgia Thread, where everyone plays along until everyone gets it. You don't always have to give the answer away, but if you know it, go for it. It gives Raf and me a chance to see others at work!

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

A snow leopard, Barry White, the Andes, Seven of Nine, D, Worf...

I can't figure it out.

Oh, wait! I know: The Neverending Story!

No? Hmmm...

Ok, well, I only figured that was a picture of the Andes because of the rest of the pix. Would never have recognized it on its own.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.

Here's an easy clue, but the movie is not terribly well known, so it might be tougher than I think.

PosterBook14.jpg