Movie Pictionary

Raf

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On the odd chance that I was able to convince some of hte Nostalgia Thread people to take a peek over here, here's another puzzle. IF YOU'RE OUT THERE AND ARE AFRAID TO GUESS BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU'LL HAVE TO POST A PUZZLE, JUST SAY SO. NO ONE HAS TO POST; IT'S JUST MORE FUN FOR ALL WHEN THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE POSTING!!!

golf-swing.jpg

golf_tee_large.jpg

ear.jpg

Old%20man.jpg

fur%20coat.jpg

14_Vasilis_chin.jpg

Have at it!

George

Bluzeman,

Just look at each picture. Can't figure out the first one? Okay, move on to the second one. That's easy. It's a tee.

Okay, so you have "something tee."

Then you have an ear.

"Something tee ear."

Next is some old guy. Let's try:

"Something tee ear old" or "Something tee ear man"

Now you have a fur.

"Something tee ear old fur" or "something tee ear man fur" or maybe replace fur with coat.

The last one could be a few things. Smile. Teeth. Lips. Stubble. Chin.

Which could it be?

Go back to the first one. It's a golfer, right?

So you try: Golfer Tee... but can't think of a movie with a similar title, so scratch that.

Swing Tee... same difference.

What is it that golfers say? Fore!

Fore tee... Wait!

Fore tee ear old fur chin.

The Forty Year Old Virgin.

You know guys...

I used to have to resort to this sort of thing on the Nostalgia thread when it got really slow. You know... post something REALLY easy like the theme to The Beverly Hillbillies to get someone.... ANYONE to post. I see Rick's doing the same thing to help out here (posting a ridiculously easy one) so I'll do my part and answer it.... All gassed up and dying for some football.

Sheesh. Nothing to this thread. I wonder why I haven't read it more often???

sudo

All Gassed Up and Dying for Some Football is, of course, correct. You'd have to be wearing a full metal jacket not to see it.

Moving on...

(I'm having trouble posting a clue. Will get to it when I can. In the meantime, Sudo?)

Rick,

You have some explaning to do, chum. What do you mean by your continued presence "down here" on this forgotten, neglected thread anyways? Oh, I felt sorry for them, too, but godly charity goes only so far... God doesn't want us doing too much for folks.. that's HIS department after all.

You seem to be neglecting Nostalgia which is after all... The One True Thread© (praise be upon its name). You know the priorities in life. 1) Taking care of Sudo 2) The One True Thread© and 3)Family, wife kids, job and all that stuff. Looks like you need a little getting back to basics.

sudo

It will be great to have you back. For future reference (and for any other lurkers who want to play), here's how I post clues. (There may be variations that work as well.)

I use Yahoo.com to find images. I expect that other search engines work the same way. (Note that it will help to keep two windows open, one for finding the images and the other here at Greasespot.) In the search category at the top of the page ("Web" is probably the default), click "Images." Then, type in the word or phrase you wish to find pictures for. Remember to use quotes or parentheses for phrases. Suppose you type in "fokkers." You will get a series of thumbnails with titles and picture size (in pixels). I try to shoot for pictures on the order of 400X400 pixels so that the pics aren't too tiny or too large, but this isn't as important as finding the picture you want. There will be all sorts of pictures available. In this case, there will even be several from the movie, "Meet the Fokkers." I chose a nice picture of Fokkers flying in formation. Click on the thumbnail. This will bring you to a split screen: the thumbnail will appear on top, and the web page that actually contains the picture will be below. (Sometimes you will get a message indicating that the picture is no longer available. Go back and try another.) Right-click the thumbnail at the top, and then click "Properties." Select the "Address (URL)." In this case, it's http://www.htc.net/~dermody/images/fokkers.jpg. Copy it (I use ctrl-C), and return to the Greasespot posting window. Click the icon at the top of the window that looks like a picture of a tree. It will open up an "Explorere User Prompt." Paste the URL into the line (I use ctrl-V) and clicK "OK." You will only see the URL with some annotation in the window, but you can click "Preview Post" to make sure the picture is there. In this case, you get this picture:

fokkers.jpg

Just repeat this for all the pictures you need for your puzzle. (It sounds time-consuming, but it's not, once you get the hang of it.) Two tips: After you add a picture, hit "Enter" to move the cursor to the next line. Remember to open the "tree" icon, or you'll just wind up pasting the URL (not the actual picture) in your post.

Now... somebody else post a puzzle. I've done a bunch already.

George

Digi,

I think you may be right. If Raf says so, and you would like to post a puzzle, try the directions here. (I posted this several pages ago, so I'm "bumping" it back to the end. )

George

Rick,

You have some explaning to do, chum. What do you mean by your <B><I>continued</I></B> presence "down here" on this forgotten, neglected thread anyways? Oh, I felt sorry for them, too, but godly charity goes only so far... God doesn't want us doing too much for folks.. that's HIS department after all.

You seem to be neglecting Nostalgia which is after all... The One True Thread© (praise be upon its name). You know the priorities in life. 1) Taking care of Sudo 2) The One True Thread© and 3)Family, wife kids, job and all that stuff. Looks like you need a little getting back to basics.

<center>sudo</center>

What's THIS? The SudoGB?!!

:o

George