GreaseSpot Cafe

A Ministry of Nothing

Ham

Didn't want to derail the "false prophet" thread- but it got me thinking.. what WAS the ministry of der vey?

Well..

"They" claimed to be a healing ministry.. for the life of me, I never saw any real ground shaking healings to speak of..

I prayed for a guy who had a hangover once, and he felt like a spring chicken.. but that's about it..

Where were the healings (plural) of "Biblical Proportion"??

OK. Let that one slide for a while..

"They" claimed der vey was a teaching ministry. Of course, what was taught was "new light". "New light" was said to be brought by an- Apostle.

New light? "Four crucified" "dead are dead", "God's really a nice guy.." ? You've GOT to be kidding..

Even loy tried that one with the riddle of the sphinx. New light- ha.

A "research" ministry? Perhaps once, long, long ago- and it wasn't vic that was doing the honest research. No research in over twenty years, unless you count the debt thing..

I submit- it is, and was even then close to being, a Nothing ministry.

Yep. Of course, it wasn't anything new.. but it was claimed as such.

What the wascal said was exactly what EWB published almost a century before, in Witness of the Stars.

New light? Nonsense.

Anybody who is anybody in the Christian world knows this stuff, or at least about it.

The way ministry promised SO much ...even on just the little green cards........ not only did those promises fail to materialize .... involvement with twi turned out to be quite detrimental to our lives.

Not that I want to quibble dear Mr. Hamm, but I don`t think I wwant to dismiss the evil of twi as a *ministry of nothing* ... maybe dub it a *ministry of pain* or a *ministry for the destruction of faith* ....I dunno, I think excathedra called them *stealers of souls*

A *ministry of deception*....yeah... that is a good description.

I have a brain and a heart.

academic intellecualism (UC Berkeley grad) and drugs, not a few left me pretty spacey (in between whole thoughts).

Was sitting in in the audience of the 72 ROA movie showing, and Del Duncan did something between him and the Lord.

My brain and heart was healed. I couldn't know the Lord is so good without that.

The Mrs. W thread also shows an taste of miracles of our lives from twi.

The problem isn't with the Lord and His calling and gifts, but with the hypocricy, deception, lies filth, etc. of the person who once had a calling and a ministry before the Lord.

He wasn't the first to sell his ministry for a mess of pottage and won't be the last.

but miracles and true gift ministries many I know from that place.

Kit, I have no doubt that God worked some miracles...I am glad that you remind me of this....

What I wonder is if vp had any part of this....in hind sight it kind of seemed like he hijacked other peoples ministries like heefner and doop, maybe we saw the fruit of others but vp used em to make it look like twi and HIS research and ministry that was responsible for what we were seeing.....

It seems to me like all of the good things we remember in twi were because of people OTHER than vp, his leaders, his classes, or his corpes training...no?

Maybe our suspicions were disarmed because we saw the spirit of God at work in these other genuine christians.....and wierwille took advantage of this trust to indulge himself.

This is why I wonder if twi was truly a ministry, or Godly at all....is it possible that it could have been a distraction, a lure to draw people away from the men and women who were genuinely spiritual, the real deal....and their ministries.

Yeah we saw the love of God....but there was always someone behind the spiritual ones hawking twi classes saying *yes you TOO can be just like them* it just takes 200.00 and a three week commitment.

Well, if I go by experience, there's not a ****** thing that the "ministry" did for me, save pick my pocket and waste my time.

Hardly miraculous. Lots of folks out there do exactly that to millions everyday.

I'd love to wax nostalgic for all the great times I had in WayWorld and all the things of God that I "saw"... but there aren't any.

Even the Wayfer girl I chose for a wife turned out to be somewhat less than advertized.

Damn, 16 years and counting that I've been out of that B.S. organization, and I'm still paying the price for it...