GreaseSpot Cafe

30 years ago this month....

act2

rascal, kickboxing was great. Tonite I went walking w/ my sister and I could keep up w/her. 3 weeks ago, I could not... I would be huffing and puffing.

ToadFriend, did you ever find the book you asked about? I posted that I have one for sale. Ok, back to the purpose of the thread. I am glad for you that you had good years and that you have since learned not to allow anyone to treat you as a 2nd-class citizen.

ex70's, so you have it all figured out, huh? wink2.gif;)-->

I liked the back rubs and the attention, and I am still not sure about SIT!!!

beloit75, welcome and thanks for contributing to this thread. wave.gif:wave:--> You are certainly in good company. Post away!!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beloit75 -- welcome. icon_smile.gif:)--> icon_smile.gif:)-->

I drive by/through Beloit when I head south from Minnesota, to visit my folks in Indiana (it's the quickest way around Chicago that I know of), and every time I go though there -- I think of docvic and his time there.

Good to have you here. icon_cool.gif

David

Wow!! 30 years ago. icon_eek.gif

There's times I don't remember what I had for lunch yesterday -- but just mention twi, umpteen years ago -- and I can recall what I was doing, what I thought, how I felt, and where I was with no difficulty at all.

Makes ya wanna go hmmmmm. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

30 years ago (this month) I quit a job in the boundary waters canoe area up here in Minnesota so I could attend my very first ROA.

30 years ago, I proposed to the one and only wife I've ever had (she and I parted ways 10 years later.) icon_frown.gif:(-->

30 years ago we felt we couldn't have manifestations up here since there only two of us *believers*, and didn't have the (necessary) third person.

30 years ago --twi could do no wrong.

30 years ago I was driving a VW microbus to twig, New Knoxville, Emporia, and all points in between.

30 years ago

30 years ago

30 years ago -----

Where did the time go??

David

David, I know exactly how you feel.

Time flies.

But God is always good and He has our future in HIS HANDS!!!!! Isnt that a comfort???!! icon_smile.gif:)-->

Ok, who else??? Come on, dont be shy. Tell us about your wow experience!!!

Probably 30 years ago to the day - as ROA was always around this week of August...I left my home in the Bronx to go WOW in Independence Missouri (culture shock for sure) Our branch leaders were the Carr's (I was so sorry to hear about Joyce!) So if any of you knew them back then....it was quite a blast.

Would I do it again - I would do THAT 1st WOW year again (took PFAL in 1973) but definitly NOT WOW year 2 & 3. I went WOW II because I didn't know what to do with my life and probably looking for a husband - then went WOW 3 WITH the husband because he left the WOW field in 1975 and had to prove to himself (actually prove to twi) that he could stick it out - probably the WORST year of my life. The marriage ended 2 years ago.

I also am new at posting but I did post a week or so ago about being a WOW. I took the class in 1972, in Seattle. (Hi Marlene, I will be seeing you next month when we go to Cannon Beach) Anyway I went out WOW in 1975 to Baton Rouge, LA. There were many good times and miracles (see my other post) and I would be lying if I said there were not any bad times. We had a branch leader that punished us all year but most of us survived and yes, I would do it again. No matter how bad TWI was or became, I am still thankful that I had the experiences I did and met the people I met. In 1976 I did one year in the family corps and in 1977 went to the San Fernado Valley to be the branch leader. That was mostly fun and my branch had alot of wonderful people in it. I would do that again too. (Hal, I think my friend Fran was in your branch)

Jewel

jewel, you came in to the San Fernando Valley, as I was going out, being one of the 76-77 wow's. I met you a couple of times , but you were always VERY highly spoken of by my friends who stayed behind.

I ceretainly couldn't have forseen moving back to the area 12 years later, tho by then I was pretty much out, and most everyone I knew had moved on by then.

Welcome to greasespot. I hope you enjoy it here.

Hey Hiway29 & Seaspray, small forum huh? Well I don't know who you both are right off hand but Seaspray you must have been a twig leader???

If you ran a class at my house I am sure I know you. And Highway I remember meeting several of the people leaving when I got there. I stayed at that ranch house with the pool for a few weeks. I remember Cindy, a very sweet girl. I'm sure you both know her. Thanks for the kind words Highway 29. The SFV was a great place to be back then. Great people. Tell me your names if you feel comfortable with that.

Jewel, I'm Andy Ice, which is no secret. I lived in that ranch house with the pool-we got it cheaply, and had to clean out all the brush, clean the pool, and make the place livable. We also rented out the back lot for people to keep their horses for awhile. If memory serves, you all moved next door when that house was targeted for the wrecking ball. It's all condos, and new houses there now.

Cindy and Vickie stuck around after the wow year, and Nathan stayed in the area after getting married. I heard of a few adventures from the people in the area after that year, but naturally got disconnected over time.

When I moved back to the area in 1989, Vickie was still around, but I was pretty much out by then. I've thought of looking up some old folks from time to time,but work, life ,and the 'you can't go home again', feeling has gotten in the way.

Jewel, a few things you may want to know.

A) seaspray may be reluctant to give personally-identifying information because

twi goes out of its way to dig up identities and so forth. He may also be reluctant

to put his full name on the internet for other reasons, mainly that it would be

available for search engines all over the place. Privacy is a BIG concern in the

Information Age. He may be willing to give information privately.

B) Before seeking private communication with seaspray, one may want to know that he has

posted (and has not posted that he has since changed his mind) that, in spite of all

evidence to the contrary, that pfal was NOT the by-product of assembling the books

and class of several writers, but that it was "theopneustos", God-breathed.

Feel free to access his previous posts for many examples.

If this does not bother you-or you believe the same thing-then you may not have any

misgivings about communicating privately with him.

I'm open about giving my name here because one, I don't care about the way, and I know they care about me even less- and two, my email address which is in my public profile includes my name anyway, so there's no secret.

if I had to start it all again, I may have ensured my privacy just because one never knows when something can be used against you-tho I'm at a loss as to what that could possibly be.

I am curious if seaspray is the famous M*ke, based on wordwolf's post. If so, I did not know he was using that handle now.

Hey Oldies...We shared some e-mails a few years back when we met up on Waydale. How have you been? How's your sister? Send my regards. No have not been to NY since 1980 When I was WOW in New Bedfrod, MASS and drove down the X-Bronx Expressway! I keep meaning to go but then there were babies...now the babies are going to High School and College.etc etc etc. Glad to see you again....Oldies