GreaseSpot Cafe

What's your current belief-system?

WordWolf

Interesting isn't it??

How far we've come from our beliefs when we were all in agreement while in TWI? Those who still believe as they did then are at a paltry 21% though total Christianity still rates a majority 67%. Amazing, the number checking atheist/agnostic because its far above the number in the general population.

Of course, these numbers could be skewed by who decides to come to a place like Greasespot. I know of people in Memphis who believe just as they did 20-25 years ago in TWI. They no longer associate with TWI but fellowship with others who still believe theologically as they do. And they wouldn't darken the door of a place like Greasespot where VPW is spken of in derisive terms.

sudo

As I'm sure many would have guessed, I voted for agnosticism. I would really like to believe there is a 'God' personally interested in my well being. However, I just find it rather difficult to make that 'leap of faith'.

quote:
We are multi- dementional beings.

Yep, I can agree with that. I'm crazy in all sorts of ways. Ask anyone. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

quote:
Originally posted by Oakspear:

" I am the way, the truth and the light, no man cometh to the Father but by me " - some guy who the theologians thinks is John claiming to quote Jesus

Even if it was John quoting Jesus...Jesus is different to me now compared to when I was part of twi and he was different again from when I went to the church in my neighborhood and he was again different from when I was a catholic. So, which is Jesus or are they all Jesus? Couldn't "I am the way..." look different to different people? And the big question is does Jesus have to have a Christian look to him?

The Jesus of the bible rarely looks like the Christians I meet, so many are more worried about whether I'm in church than they are about human suffering.

gc

quote:
Originally posted by WordWolf:

Stated as a category, which most closely resembles your current belief-system?

Please forgive the lumping of categories-I'm limited to 5, so I grouped into

"non-religious", "Paganism types", "all common religions not Christian and not pagan",

and 2 types of Christian. We can always narrow down the results with a new poll.

So, what's the closest to your current beliefs?

You left out a category: Christian, but believes that TWI was a complete perversion of Christian doctrine.

quote:
Originally posted by ex70'shouston:

I keep going back and looking at the results of this poll.

Less than half of the people profess Christ today.

As of right now, Christians are 18% and 44%.

Exactly 1/2 would be 50%.

18% plus 44% totals 62%, which is more than 1/2.

There's TWO categories of Christian there-

one spurns twi's spin, one embraces it.

I'm more concerned about the 18% who embrace it than the 11% pagan types.

24% is Atheist or Agnostic, which is 1 in 4.

Wordwolf..why are you concerned about the Christians who still hold on to what they learnt in t.w.i. ?

To put it in some of your guys 'poster language' (not quoting names) it's not really any of your freakin' business !!

Is this forum anti-way 'practises' or 'doctrine' and whilst on that subject shouldn't the s.i.t. etc..views be in the 'doctrinal' section (for those that want to beat their heads against the walls !!)

Which also makes me wonder if some of them were the type of people who needed 'group approval',the type who find it hard to stand on their own two feet but constantly need to feel like they 'fit in' and have people reassure them everythings o.k., stroke their foreheads a little bit and say "we're rooting for ya" etc..