GreaseSpot Cafe

Reproof with humor: bring a bag of old tomatoes to the next SNS

Ham

This is only a work of fiction, and an overactive imagination. I am not advocating for folks to do so (but it WOULD be funny..)

rosie, dressed in her Sunday "best"..

"MAHH people" (splat)

"OK. Ladies and gentlemen, your 'beloved' BOT"

(splat, splat...)

"OK. Ladies and gentlemen, we would like to 'encourage' (splat) you to take advantage of our newest foundational class, (splat) in order to remain in proper standing with the present truth (splat) the One True Household (more splats than I can count)

Well, you know. Monday morning, all is quiet. They have this wonderful coffee shop here, drink all of the strongest indonesian coffee your heart desires..

Naw, I don't kill threads. Just keep trying to rescucitate ones that are (or should be) hopelessly dead..

Hamm,

Did you watch "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" recently?

I can just picture them rolling in, mumbling all the way. In a last ditch attempt to stop them, the Singing Ladies try to sing a song to chase them away. This only makes them move faster and mumble louder.........

Now I know what it was..

A couple of mornings ago I was at a local farmers market. Saw rows and rows of bushels of tomatoes.

I have recently moved to a location where I can't pack away loads of tomatoes for the winter, like before.. kind of miss that in a way.

Must have been thinking of a more immediate, usefull purpose for all of those tomatoes..

quote:
Personally, I like to fling lemons, rather than throwing tomatoes. Much more refined

More refined, perhaps. But you take the said tomatoes, put them in a cardboard box in a warm closet for about two weeks, and they are much more "cultured" than the lemons..

• 1 year later...

Back when I was in, we used to imagine having one of those levers that could open up a trap door in the floor, sort of like in Austin Powers, and swallow up any turkeys.

Can't conduct the song in 3/4 time? Whomp!

Botched your tongues with interpretation? Buh Bye!

Helped keep my head on straight. :D :evildenk::redface2: :D

Probably only if they are dead..

:biglaugh:

no no, live ones. They'll scramble all over the stage, sliding all over the tomato paste.

Woodchucks would be cool, but they would be heavier and harder to toss. Chipmunks could be shot like buckshot I guess, but would be harder to see from the audience.

Squirrels are ideal, they have those fluffy tails that can be used for tossing, and they're easier to see. I think they have a lot more personality too.

no no, live ones. They'll scramble all over the stage, sliding all over the tomato paste.

Woodchucks would be cool, but they would be heavier and harder to toss. Chipmunks could be shot like buckshot I guess, but would be harder to see from the audience.

Squirrels are ideal, they have those fluffy tails that can be used for tossing, and they're easier to see. I think they have a lot more personality too.

So you want to use the squirrels' tails to throw them the same way David used a slingshot to slay Goliath?

Interesting....Not sure the squirrels would appreciate it though....

So you want to use the squirrels' tails to throw them the same way David used a slingshot to slay Goliath?

Interesting....Not sure the squirrels would appreciate it though....

so they'll be angry squirrels,

remember who we're throwing them at?

so they'll be angry squirrels,

remember who we're throwing them at?

This may be the real reason for "squirrel thinning season" at der vey....

Howard lives in fear that one day the angry squirrels will rise up en masse and avenge the unwarranted deaths of their loved ones.

I think the squirrels will be HAPPY if we threw them on stage.