GAS,GAS,GAS,GAS...

likeaneagle

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suggest you check this site out:

http://www.gasbuddy.com/index.asp

people post gas prices here on a regular prices...all throughout the country.

(BTW, prices in MD range from 3.90 as a high that I've seen to 2.90 range that I'vce seen personally)

Suggestion for your daughter:

- Have her fill up in New Jersey and not stop for gas till she gets to Fredericksburg VA or south. Around the Baltimore/DC area, the prices are HIGHLY inflated (particularly in Alexandria, Arlington County, and Prince William County -- I actually saw $3.00 gas in Alexandria before this latest disaster)

quote:
Better take out a 2nd mortgage for the gas. ... Maybe a third.

Im just about planning on it, I have to head down your way(Georgia) for work purposes myself next week.

and thanks for the site and the tips Mark I'll be passing through and working in DC for a few days as well.

Im arriving Weds afternoon sometime(the 8th) --checking out the job for a bit, then working Thurs and maybe Friday in the Foggy Bottom(?)Area, then unfortunately I have to be off---

Any of that work?

This would be good--maybe we should keep the politics a little light though wink2.gif;)--> or maybe not...

Wednesday nights best although I am not a late night owl anymore, or whatever we can figure out..

Hmmm--too bad the timings a little off--

no internet access for this trip

email me

morningstarsg1@yahoo.com and i'll give you my cell #

If and when you can get free and its not an ordeal....

If it doesn't work this time I'll be back sometime soon. I have more work in the same church and then we can coordinate it a little better.

I heard there were shortages in SC also.

The prices start to seriously drop at Fredericksburg. Get gas before you get to the Richmond metro (before King's Dominion). They start to rise there again. Last time I was in Hampton Roads area, it wasn't that bad, just as long as you get away from the tourist areas (like Va. Beach -- near the beach, especially).

Have fun!

Gas prices here in Cleveland jumped from $2.09 or $2.19 to $2.69 a gallon a couple weeks ago. After Katrina they zoomed up to $3.09 and by the end of the week they went up again to $3.19 and $3.29 at some stations.

We have a chain of supermarkets that has tied a brilliant marketing campaign to high gas prices. When you buy groceries, you get a discount of ten cents per gallon for every $10 you spend once you hit $50. My cupboards were bare, so I spent $80 for groceries yesterday and will get an 80-cent discount at the pumps. The grocery store only has a few gas stations around the city, but fortunately one isn't far from me.

Is that genius, or what? We have basically two large grocery store chains in Cleveland. Both offer comparable goods and prices. So which one do you think I shop at?

Smart move by that store-could be worth moving to cleveland soon.....

The local paper had an editorial cartoon yesterday ( I can't find it online)

that had a cartoon of a gas station offering

a Free SUV with a fillup, after spending $80.00 to fill the other day it doesn't seem all that far away

Linda Z:

No gas shortage here yet in Indiana, though they have warned it could happen shortly. Our gas jumped from about $2.60 to $3.29 overnight last week and when the attorney general got bombarded with calls and emails, he threatened stations about "gouging". Last night they dropped back down to $2.89. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Kroger grocery chain here in Indy does that type of gas promotion here as normal business. I'm always buying gas much cheaper there than at the other stations.

Sam's Club gives better discounts to members - - it's about $.10 per gallon, I think.

J.

PW county Virgina has had stations run out for a day or two, but in general all the Sheetz have gas. The tradional cheap stations like Crown seem to be the highest and Exxon has been the lowest.

It's day by day here too, in Minnesota.

We were at 2.69 per gallon, and after Katrina hit, it shot up to 3.49. It is now at 3.09, and (as yet) we have not been warned of shortages.

It's my guess that the midwest (Chicago) will not be impacted by shortages, but then again -- who knows for sure?

David

fiddlehead_sml.jpg